• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats DC suspended

HookedonGriz said:
A one game suspension for a guy getting his third DUI holy shit? This is a terrible look for the neighbors

That’s crazy. He should be in jail. Thanks be to God he didn’t kill anyone.

My father was killed when I was two years old because of a drunk driver. States and local law need to get tougher on DUI offenders.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
Yeah, all joking aside, its a terrible deal.

But has he really been coaching at practice? As I said earlier, Vigen has to be at least a little concerned about his job, and that kind of decision making doesn't bode well I wouldn't imagine.

Hearing conflicting stuff. Haven’t been to any practices. Think it was reported he was there. Talked to another guy I assumed would know and he said he didn’t think so. But now just heard that for legal purposes they’re doing everything by the book to avoid issues down the road which may include him coaching this week and also why he was only suspended one game. I imagine the plan is to have him gone but gotta do everything exactly right.

The fact we’re even talking about this and speculating is exactly why I’m so pissed. Players and coaches deserve better.
Wondering whether it's because he was arrested for DUI but has not yet plead or been convicted. Innocent until proven guilty.

wbtfg said:
WaGriz4life said:
So it’s Cruzado’s decision to keep him on staff? And because it’s her decision that makes it somehow OK?

That's what you read from my post?

Mmm….kinda what I took, yeah.

Look, as I said above, this isn’t about the legal team, it ain’t about Waded, it ain’t about…whatever your AD’s name is. This is 100% Coach Sixx. If this guy is participating in practice, that’s a decision Sixx is making.

kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
Hearing conflicting stuff. Haven’t been to any practices. Think it was reported he was there. Talked to another guy I assumed would know and he said he didn’t think so. But now just heard that for legal purposes they’re doing everything by the book to avoid issues down the road which may include him coaching this week and also why he was only suspended one game. I imagine the plan is to have him gone but gotta do everything exactly right.

The fact we’re even talking about this and speculating is exactly why I’m so pissed. Players and coaches deserve better.
Wondering whether it's because he was arrested for DUI but has not yet plead or been convicted. Innocent until proven guilty.

From what I’m gathering I think that’s exactly right. Hoping the powers that be feel like I do and we can be rid of this guy as soon as possible.

ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:

From what I’m gathering I think that’s exactly right. Hoping the powers that be feel like I do and we can be rid of this guy as soon as possible.

But what does that have to do with his practice participation? Look, you cannot sue your employer if they continue to pay you but don’t give you the work you think you’re entitled to. Vigen could simply tell him he’s not welcome at practice, at meetings or any other team function. As long as msu keeps paying him, he’d have no actionable claim. Shit, Vigen could tell him to go inventory jock straps 8 hours a day.

That’s why I say that if he IS participating in practice , Vigen is making the call.

EverettGriz said:
wbtfg said:
That's what you read from my post?

Mmm….kinda what I took, yeah.

Look, as I said above, this isn’t about the legal team, it ain’t about Waded, it ain’t about…whatever your AD’s name is. This is 100% Coach Sixx. If this guy is participating in practice, that’s a decision Sixx is making.

is there a MSU/MUS policy or procedure that he isn't following?

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

But what does that have to do with his practice participation? Look, you cannot sue your employer if they continue to pay you but don’t give you the work you think you’re entitled to. Vigen could simply tell him he’s not welcome at practice, at meetings or any other team function. As long as msu keeps paying him, he’d have no actionable claim. Shit, Vigen could tell him to go inventory jock straps 8 hours a day.

That’s why I say that if he IS participating in practice , Vigen is making the call.

I’m not convinced he was at practice. Heard he was. And heard from others he hasn’t been around since last Thursday. No clue what is what. And don’t know in’s and outs of this kind of crap. But if MSU seems to think in any way this can come back on them, I’m fine letting them step lightly until the cut ties with the guy. But they BETTER cut ties or I for one will be upset.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

I’m not convinced he was at practice. Heard he was. And heard from others he hasn’t been around since last Thursday. No clue what is what. And don’t know in’s and outs of this kind of crap. But if MSU seems to think in any way this can come back on them, I’m fine letting them step lightly until the cut ties with the guy. But they BETTER cut ties or I for one will be upset.

Fair enough. And he may not be and the reports that he is may be incorrect. I’m simply stating that if he is at practice, it’s not being done to avoid legal peril; rather its being done because Vigen wants him there.

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
I’m not convinced he was at practice. Heard :cool: he was. And heard from others he hasn’t been around since last Thursday. No clue what is what. And don’t know in’s and outs of this kind of crap. But if MSU seems to think in any way this can come back on them, I’m fine letting them step lightly until the cut ties with the guy. But they BETTER cut ties or I for one will be upset.

Fair enough. And he may not be and the reports that he is may be incorrect. I’m simply stating that if he is at practice, it’s not being done to avoid legal peril; rather its being done because Vigen wants him there.

I’d say based on our defense this year, that’s not the case….. :cool:

Let’s be honest. Yes we shut down the griz. But not saying much. And while I don’t think our D is awful, it’s not like we’d pull out all the stops to hang on to a guy to be 5th or something in the conference. :lol:

indian-outlaw said:
Gotta give Coach Vigen credit, suspending his DC before an important playoff game. Sounds like a principled coach. I don't think many coaches would do that

Remember when Mark Few (Gonazaga's BBall coach) got a DUI over the summer. They punished him by not letting him coach against Bo Diddly Tech or something like that.

jrifkin48 said:
indian-outlaw said:
Gotta give Coach Vigen credit, suspending his DC before an important playoff game. Sounds like a principled coach. I don't think many coaches would do that

Remember when Mark Few (Gonazaga's BBall coach) got a DUI over the summer. They punished him by not letting him coach against Bo Diddly Tech or something like that.

https://footballscoop-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/footballscoop.com/.amp/news/coaches-duis?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16697895143202&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Ffootballscoop.com%2Fnews%2Fcoaches-duis

jrifkin48 said:
indian-outlaw said:

3 games. For his first dui. So this guy should get 12 games for his 4th?

jrifkin48 said:
indian-outlaw said:

I had forgotten that.
I think maybe I was giving Coach Vigen to much credit here. I think a one game suspension was the least he could get away with. Geezus it was the guys fourth DUI.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

I’d say based on our defense this year, that’s not the case….. :cool:

Let’s be honest. Yes we shut down the griz. But not saying much. And while I don’t think our D is awful, it’s not like we’d pull out all the stops to hang on to a guy to be 5th or something in the conference. :lol:

It will be nice to see the Cats get beat.

Look everyone, as a business owner and a recovering alcoholic myself, I have experience with this, so don't in any way take this as supporting the world's worst college and the world's worst city/county. FTC!!
But the guy more than likely has his DUI's in other states and the state of montana does not recognize the offenses here, from other states.
Now as for the employer side, you as an employer you can't just dismiss someone from their work duties because of a traffic infraction (as the law sees it), he was obviously not in any way driving a company supplied vehicle and probably bonded out of jail in plenty of time to make it to his next required work shift, so not letting due process would be a mistake and implying guilty until proven innocent, and our legal system is not supposed to work that way.
So they(FTC) have their hands tied right now, so that is the reason this person is still allowed to perform his work duties.
Now this part is pure speculation, but the only reason they are giving him game day off is to keep the shit show of public relations on the day of the game to a minimum as possible.
FTC in every way, every day!!!
GO GRIZ!!!

suckit said:
Look everyone, as a business owner and a recovering alcoholic myself, I have experience with this, so don't in any way take this as supporting the world's worst college and the world's worst city/county. FTC!!
But the guy more than likely has his DUI's in other states and the state of montana does not recognize the offenses here, from other states.
Now as for the employer side, you as an employer you can't just dismiss someone from their work duties because of a traffic infraction (as the law sees it), he was obviously not in any way driving a company supplied vehicle and probably bonded out of jail in plenty of time to make it to his next required work shift, so not letting due process would be a mistake and implying guilty until proven innocent, and our legal system is not supposed to work that way.
So they(FTC) have their hands tied right now, so that is the reason this person is still allowed to perform his work duties.
Now this part is pure speculation, but the only reason they are giving him game day off is to keep the shit show of public relations on the day of the game to a minimum as possible.
GO GRIZ!!!

Don’t assistants, or least senior assistants, had “company” leased cars.

I have never heard of this type of “suspension” college athletics.

I suppose if he has some “good” facts, State should be cautious. But he should be completely suspended with pay, unless this a very unusual situation.

This is a curious situation.

Just made this post from Hofbrauhaus in Munich at noon, while drinking a liter. Left my car in AZ

mthoopsfan said:
suckit said:
GO GRIZ!!!

I suppose if he has some “good” facts, State should be cautious. But he should be completely suspended with pay, unless this a very unusual situation.

Just made this post from Hofbrauhaus in Munich at noon, while drinking a liter. Left my car in AZ

Good one! Way to be responsible! Ummmm, you renting a car?

CDAGRIZ said:
Typical Coach Sixx. Won't share anything with the media. Why does he always act so smug and arrogant?

:cry: You do realize we have the OG “don’t say anything to anyone, you young whippersnappers better not get on that internet thing” HC right? :cry:

RABIDAWG said:
mthoopsfan said:

Good one! Way to be responsible! Ummmm, you renting a car?

We have a Mercedes and driver for the trip.

garizzalies said:
The 3rd dui is horrible, allowing him to practice this week is almost as bad.

The speeding ticket is serious too, but the out-of-state charge for no resident license and still having Texas license plates is hilarious.

I don’t care. That’s f###[#] funny. And I will laugh and tease them about it forever. It’s so Bozeman. Like everyone else who lives in that shithole. No local connection and no real plan of staying long term. The guy had no intention of being there next season.

Out of state plates? He just wanted to blend in to that Bozangeles "culture."

Back