• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A lesson for us all

stilwtrgrizz

As with many of us on e-Griz, I have tired of the nastiness, the lack of football talk, the CONSTANT derailing of threads, the personal attacks, etc. A dear friend sent this to me, and it sums it all up better than I ever could. It is a long read, but, IMHO, WELL worth it for all of us. Obviously, I am in complete agreement with what he says, and I too will ALWAYS root for only the Griz when it is against the Cats. But I will also, always RESPECT them both.
https://buttecast.com/2022/11/29/fa...E3SgxoL_9RXS0gTlnscpvuK6z79D_nvgWsuHZjOmd6xc8

This Newspaper story is exactly how I felt until 1984 when I rooted as hard for the cats as I did for the Griz during the playoff run.
Only to have to put up with the kitten fans that were such asshats for several years.

Even when the streak was happening cat fans continued their asshatedry ways and it got way worse when they broke the streak, SUPER asshats once again. The fans on both sides can be ridiculous, and embarrassing and that is where I draw my line.

In 40 years of watching the cat Griz game, I rarely if ever said anything negative toward the players, because yes it is really have for any football athlete to get to the FBS/ FCS level.

The cat fans on the other hand can ___________ (Fill in the blank)

stilwtrgrizz said:
As with many of us on e-Griz, I have tired of the nastiness, the lack of football talk, the CONSTANT derailing of threads, the personal attacks, etc. A dear friend sent this to me, and it sums it all up better than I ever could. It is a long read, but, IMHO, WELL worth it for all of us. Obviously, I am in complete agreement with what he says, and I too will ALWAYS root for only the Griz when it is against the Cats. But I will also, always RESPECT them both.
https://buttecast.com/2022/11/29/fa...E3SgxoL_9RXS0gTlnscpvuK6z79D_nvgWsuHZjOmd6xc8

Thanks for sharing a fine article. Lots wisdom in the author's words.

Paytonlives said:
This Newspaper story is exactly how I felt until 1984 when I rooted as hard for the cats as I did for the Griz during the playoff run.
Only to have to put up with the kitten fans that were such asshats for several years.

Even when the streak was happening cat fans continued their asshatedry ways and it got way worse when they broke the streak, SUPER asshats once again. The fans on both sides can be ridiculous, and embarrassing and that is where I draw my line.

In 40 years of watching the cat Griz game, I rarely if ever said anything negative toward the players, because yes it is really have for any football athlete to get to the FBS/ FCS level.

I respect your right to your opinion, and I would hope that you do mine. However mine differs a bit from yours. I choose NOT to disrespect their players because of their asshat fans, as I would hope they would not disrespect our players, because of our asshat fans. They are after all, both Montana teams, with hard working Montana kids on both sides.

stilwtrgrizz said:
Paytonlives said:

I respect your right to your opinion, and I would hope that you do mine. However mine differs a bit from yours. I choose NOT to disrespect their players because of their asshat fans, as I would hope they would not disrespect our players, because of our asshat fans. They are after all, both Montana teams, with hard working Montana kids on both sides.

You should visit Bobcat nation a few times. 95% of their fan base attacks Robbie Hauck just because of his name. They literally go on and on and on about him and his father in almost every thread. I have never seen one egriz poster say anything about Jory Choate. Those fuckers over there are seriously mental. FTC all day

HookedonGriz said:
stilwtrgrizz said:

You should visit Bobcat nation a few times. 95% of their fan base attacks Robbie Hauck just because of his name. They literally go on and on and on about him and his father in almost every thread. I have never seen one egriz poster say anything about Jory Choate. Those f###[#] over there are seriously mental. FTC all day

Yeah yeah, we get it. Bobcat fans are all total dick wads, and Griz fans are all peaches and cream stellar citizens. Talk about triggered!

great read and I agree 100%. Both sides have shitty fans, but have to respect the players and coaches.

This:
"Still, I wanted the Bobcats to win every game but one. I wanted the Grizzlies to enter the football playoffs at 11-0 and the Bobcats at 10-1. Then, I wanted the Griz to beat the Bobcats again in the title game."

stilwtrgrizz said:
Paytonlives said:

Thats what I said...

Paytonlives said:
stilwtrgrizz said:

Thats what I said...
Yes it is. Apologies. I didn't do a very good job of reading your post the first time.

RoseyMustGo said:
HookedonGriz said:
You should visit Bobcat nation a few times. 95% of their fan base attacks Robbie Hauck just because of his name. They literally go on and on and on about him and his father in almost every thread. I have never seen one egriz poster say anything about Jory Choate. Those f###[#] over there are seriously mental. FTC all day

Yeah yeah, we get it. Bobcat fans are all total dick wads, and Griz fans are all peaches and cream stellar citizens. Talk about triggered!

Says the absolute ass clown starting 20 different pro bobcat threads over here while pretending to be a Griz fan. At least have the balls to just come over here and post as a cat fan and not pretend weirdo

stilwtrgrizz said:

Great column. Foley and Tommy are exactly right on this. We can continue to play the victim role and worry about how some meathead cat/griz made us felt 20 years ago, or we can focus on ourselves and do what we can to make the rivalry more civil. Probably time for a lot of us to mature and stop dehumanizing players, fans and stop wallowing in victimhood.

Thanks for posting.

wbtfg said:
stilwtrgrizz said:

Great column. Foley and Tommy are exactly right on this. We can continue to play the victim role and worry about how some meathead cat/griz made us felt 20 years ago, or we can focus on ourselves and do what we can to make the rivalry more civil. Probably time for a lot of us to mature and stop dehumanizing players, fans and stop wallowing in victimhood.

Thanks for posting.

I concur. The foe button on these sites is a wonderful feature, by the way. If one can sort through the childish crap and resist the urge to tell someone every now and then to STFU, there is some worthwhile football discussions carried on. I wish there were more coaches, former coaches on this site though.

Paytonlives said:
stilwtrgrizz said:

Thats what I said...

Agreed, That is why I never join the fray in threads where the two fan bases are acting like 6th graders with the name calling and dick-headedness. The Bobcats are our in-state rivals, and I would rather beat them than anything short of winning a national championship. But I will always support them against other teams if it does not affect our season.

HookedonGriz said:
RoseyMustGo said:

Says the absolute ass clown starting 20 different pro bobcat threads over here while pretending to be a Griz fan. At least have the balls to just come over here and post as a cat fan and not pretend weirdo

GFY. I am a UM grad in biology. I donate lots of money to the university. I have been invited to dinner at Chelsea and Seth Bodner's home. Once again, GFY!

RoseyMustGo said:
HookedonGriz said:

GFY. I am a UM grad in biology. I donate lots of money to the university. I have been invited to dinner at Chelsea and Seth Bodner's home. Once again, GFY!

I call BS on your post. Hooked is right.

Back