• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB Situation

KDyrud

RJ Martinez from NAU has just entered the transfer portal. He has been pretty exceptional in his short stint at NAU, and besides at running back, no over the top talent surrounding him. He tore apart . I liked what Britt has showed in the little bit of action he has had. I would be completely comfortable with him as the starter. However, I would be very intrigued by a QB battle between Martinez and Britt with either QB having the potential to be a multi-year starter.

Martinez is way better than Britt. He is a great passer who will only get better as he grows-up. I would take him in a New York Minute! But I think he will be playing FBS football next season

RoseyMustGo said:
Martinez is way better than Britt. He is a great passer who will only get better as he grows-up. I would take him in a New York Minute! But I think he will be playing FBS football next season

What are three things you love about the Griz program? Each can be a player, a coach, a tradition, etc. I'm curious about what you really like about the Griz.

CDAGRIZ said:
RoseyMustGo said:

What are three things you love about the Griz program? Each can be a player, a coach, a tradition, etc. I'm curious about what you really like about the Griz.

What 3 things do you like about the Griz?

FTC
Don Read
Dave Dickenson
Chase Reynolds
The old team colors
Colt Anderson

That's my 3

CDAGRIZ said:
RoseyMustGo said:

I love our fan base. I love our succession of in-state players who remain the backbone of our team. I love our tradition cultured during the 1990s and 2000s, which caused football fans across the nation to know who The University of Montana was. Everywhere I went, I met football fans who knew all about our program. Not anymore. They talk about the Bobcats.

As I have said, I attend the games, including some away games, and am an avid fan. That will never change. But I also have an opinion, shared by some posters and many non-posters, that we have concerns about the direction of our football and basketball programs, and that we have now become the "other" athletic school in the state of Montana. And I don't like it!

Will that be enough to be included in the good fan group, or am I a bad fan?

Talked to my buddy who is an NAU football fan, and he told me that the rumor in Flagstaff is that Martinez has been contacted by at least 5-6 FBS schools about transferring there. Not sure whether this is true, or even if it is a violation of NCAA rules after a player declares, but that is the rumor. I just know the kid is an awesome QB for a freshman, and his upside is off the charts. I wish we had him!

RoseyMustGo said:
Talked to my buddy who is an NAU football fan, and he told me that the rumor in Flagstaff is that Martinez has been contacted by at least 5-6 FBS schools about transferring there. Not sure whether this is true, or even if it is a violation of NCAA rules after a player declares, but that is the rumor. I just know the kid is an awesome QB for a freshman, and his upside is off the charts. I wish we had him!
Yeah, I fully expect him to go FBS.

GrizProtocol said:
CDAGRIZ said:

FTC
Don Read
Dave Dickenson
Chase Reynolds
The old team colors
Colt Anderson

That's my 3

Wrong account? Hahahaha!!!

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizProtocol said:

FTC
Don Read
Dave Dickenson
Chase Reynolds
The old team colors
Colt Anderson

That's my 3

I got what I wanted, Thanks

Sincerely,
cat fan
Helena Handbasket
Risey
NDSU fan
Alpha
Etc
All wrong

GrizProtocol said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sincerely,
cat fan
Helena Handbasket
Risey
NDSU fan
Alpha
Etc
All wrong

Bud, it’s the same shit every season. Everybody knows. Try something new. Does the Del Webb have some pottery classes, or something?

RoseyMustGo said:
If he's that good, you'd think he'd get some love with the all-BSC teams. He didn't even get honorable mention.

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizProtocol said:

Sincerely,
cat fan
Helena Handbasket
Risey
NDSU fan
Alpha
Etc
All wrong

Bud, it’s the same shit every season. Everybody knows. Try something new. Does the Del Webb have some pottery classes, or something?

Dude, why don't you spend some time talking football, instead of trying to be Super-Sleuth trying to decipher which posters are secretly Cat fans. Add something to the discussion for a change. You seem to think you're some sort of comedian, but NBC isn't calling. Weak.

RoseyMustGo said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Dude, why don't you spend some time talking football, instead of trying to be Super-Sleuth trying to decipher which posters are secretly Cat fans. Add something to the discussion for a change. You seem to think you're some sort of comedian, but NBC isn't calling. Weak.

Confirmed. :thumb:

RoseyMustGo said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I love our fan base. I love our succession of in-state players who remain the backbone of our team. I love our tradition cultured during the 1990s and 2000s, which caused football fans across the nation to know who The University of Montana was. Everywhere I went, I met football fans who knew all about our program. Not anymore. They talk about the Bobcats.

As I have said, I attend the games, including some away games, and am an avid fan. That will never change. But I also have an opinion, shared by some posters and many non-posters, that we have concerns about the direction of our football and basketball programs, and that we have now become the "other" athletic school in the state of Montana. And I don't like it!

Will that be enough to be included in the good fan group, or am I a bad fan?
That's worth a poll.

WaGriz4life said:
Hurdlingriz said:
How is there so little talk of Huot, has anyone seen him play? Kid has a high ceiling imo
Nowhere near ready right now. Next year could be in the mix.

Just saw the praise this nau transfer is receiving on this thread and I kinda like the griz'd future at that spot

Back