• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats DC suspended

bigsky33 said:
SoldierGriz said:
I am who I am. Dude needs to coach from his bedroom. Quite easy...and satisfies all parties.

But, cats will continue on their self-reporting, PED guzzling ways....pls stop embarrassing the Last Best Place.

I have been involved in many hiring s and firings in my career in a large financial services company. It is never simple. Things are never as cut and dried as they appear. Attorneys were always extremely cautious every step of the way. I would bet Vigen is only proceeding as he is being told.

Vegan is therefore soft. Leaders lead...attorneys advise.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I wholeheartedly disagree that they know what they are doing. What are his damages if he's suspended indefinitely with pay? Nah, let's just let him coach the very next game in case he tries to sue us.

Like I said previously, I don’t think MSU cares what we think on a fan board. They base their action on the facts they have.

If you can’t, at the very least, indefinitely suspend a guy for getting arrested for his 3d DUI, you need to revisit who drafts your employment contracts.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Like I said previously, I don’t think MSU cares what we think on a fan board. They base their action on the facts they have.

If you can’t, at the very least, indefinitely suspend a guy for getting arrested for his 3d DUI, you need to revisit who drafts your employment contracts.

You'd think they'd care about the safety of the coeds walking down main street in their bougie boots and faux hats...but apparently vegan will let him loose. Sad really.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
If you can’t, at the very least, indefinitely suspend a guy for getting arrested for his 3d DUI, you need to revisit who drafts your employment contracts

You'd think they'd care about the safety of the coeds walking down main street in their bougie boots and faux hats...but apparently vegan will let him loose. Sad really.

I think everyone wants him gone. Really hard to fathom how he could be so stupid after having two previous. Especially after the Cat/Griz game at 10:30 at night. The police are out there looking. Uber is so simple. Totally dumb and it could have resulted in killing somebody.

However, I do believe most people realize how hard it is nowadays when it comes to firing someone and the cautious approach MSU is taking. . That is why I think this has not blown up other than a few people over here on this board that have other motivations. What I said previously, what appears to be cut and dried and simple is not always that way. You guys can say all you want, but you don’t have the facts. Doesn’t mean much what you say when you don’t have all the facts. Bottom line is MSU is going to do what they feel they need to do realizing it may not be a good look.

bigsky33 said:
SoldierGriz said:

I think everyone wants him gone. Really hard to fathom how he could be so stupid after having two previous. Especially after the Cat/Griz game at 10:30 at night. The police are out there looking. Uber is so simple. Totally dumb and it could have resulted in killing somebody.
Do you know a single bub who wants to keep him? Not one?

Me neither. The few I know all want him gone too. Of course none of them have a spine either and Coors Light is like mother’s milk to them, so no surprise. Each of them would gladly offer up their first born as sacrificial lamb during the long-snapper séance in the tailgate if it meant another playoff win.

I have not heard a single person stick up for the guy except you. And even you want him gone.

If everyone wants him gone because it was such an obviously dumb decision, that means your horseshit really is horseshit.

IOW, the only reason he’s still coaching =
Win-At-All-Costs!!

No other explanation.
Your 🐴 💩 is 🐎 💩

bigsky33 said:
SoldierGriz said:

However, I do believe most people realize how hard it is nowadays when it comes to firing someone and the cautious approach MSU is taking. . That is why I think this has not blown up other than a few people over here on this board that have other motivations. What I said previously, what appears to be cut and dried and simple is not always that way. You guys can say all you want, but you don’t have the facts. Doesn’t mean much what you say when you don’t have all the facts. Bottom line is MSU is going to do what they feel they need to do realizing it may not be a good look.

I’m curious as to your list of the facts that ARE known to all. I thought they were the following, but please correct me where I’m wrong:

1. DC has two previous DUIs
2. Got arrested for third on 11/19
3. Was going 20(?) over on a surface street in the dark
4. Cops say smelled of booze; taken to hospital
5. Several days before one (1) game suspension
6. Allowed to coach practice before next game
7. Allowed to coach the upcoming game in the playoffs

Did I misstate any or leave any out? Thx.
This is not a Griz/Cat issue. This is way bigger than that.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

I’m curious as to your list of the facts that ARE known to all. I thought they were the following, but please correct me where I’m wrong:

Don’t know if he was allowed to coach before last game. Never confirmed.
Yes, those things were in the newspaper article. Since then he lawyered up and things have happened . What those facts are we do not know.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yes, those things were in the newspaper article. Since then he lawyered up and things have happened . What those facts are we do not know.

Not exactly true that we don’t know what the facts are since then. We know his suspension was lifted officially today, correct?

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Not exactly true that we don’t know what the facts are since then. We know his suspension was lifted officially today, correct?

I was referring to the facts the police have, the lawyer and information that MSU has. All play a role in this.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I was referring to the facts the police have, the lawyer and information that MSU has. All play a role in this.

Well, we know some of the facts the police, lawyer, and MSU have. MSU should not have all the “facts” the lawyer has, unless DC was dumb enough to not hire independent counsel.

Curious how you’ve concluded that facts you don’t know, and more importantly, don’t know even exist, are playing a role here. Interesting.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

Me neither. The few I know all want him gone too. Of course none of them have a spine either and Coors Light is like mother’s milk to them, so no surprise. Each of them would gladly offer up their first born as sacrificial lamb during the long-snapper séance in the tailgate if it meant another playoff win.

I have not heard a single person stick up for the guy except you. And even you want him gone.

If everyone wants him gone because it was such an obviously dumb decision, that means your horseshit really is horseshit.

Win-At-All-Costs!!

No other explanation.
Your 🐴 💩 is 🐎 💩

I have not defended him at all. I want him gone and I am sure he will be as soon as MSU determines they can.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Well, we know some of the facts the police, lawyer, and MSU have. MSU should not have all the “facts” the lawyer has, unless DC was dumb enough to not hire independent counsel.

Curious how you’ve concluded that facts you don’t know, and more importantly, don’t know even exist, are playing a role here. Interesting.

I do not have any idea of the facts the police have, his lawyer or the University have other than what I read in the paper and the fact he was reinstated today.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

Win-At-All-Costs!!

No other explanation.
Your 🐴 💩 is 🐎 💩

I have not defended him at all. I want him gone and I am sure he will be as soon as MSU determines they can.

Again, it’s not about firing him now. It’s about the decision to allow him to coach now. It’s actually very simple.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I do not have any idea of the facts the police have, his lawyer or the University have other than what I read in the paper and the fact he was reinstated today.

But you conclude those facts, that you don’t even know exist, are playing a role? Let’s say it wasn’t even him driving. Good optics to let him coach playoff games?

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

Win-At-All-Costs!!

No other explanation.
Your 🐴 💩 is 🐎 💩

So when they get the blood work back? What’s that, like 6weeks after the arrest or so? Should be right around the semi-final round.

There is something going on here that none of us are aware of. There is no reason in the would that they could not suspend him (even with Pay) if they wanted to but for whatever reason they have chose not to or been advised not to. It sounds to me like it is a win at all costs decision

Griz66 said:
There is something going on here that none of us are aware of. There is no reason in the would that they could not suspend him (even with Pay) if they wanted to but for whatever reason they have chose not to or been advised not to. It sounds to me like it is a win at all costs decision

Yes. Anything to keep that elite defense that has been destroying teams on the field. Our season would truly be over if we removed the coordinator of that dominating unit. :eek:

ilovethecats said:
Griz66 said:

Yes. Anything to keep that elite defense that has been destroying teams on the field. Our season would truly be over if we removed the coordinator of that dominating unit. :eek:

I honestly could care less about the defense or any other position he is coaching. He could be a grad assistant for all I care. The issue is your team and school are letting a 3 time DUI recipient Coach your football team, stay involved in team activities, practices, and coach in the game. That’s insane! Even if they didn’t let him coach but told him he could be on the sidelines….also insane. This idiot could have killed sometime FFS! It’s a terrible terrible look for the university and a terrible message to the players. Didn’t you have someone close killed by a drunk driver? You of all people I would think would be shouting from the rooftops on this!

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

I honestly could care less about the defense or any other position he is coaching. He could be a grad assistant for all I care. The issue is your team and school are letting a 3 time DUI recipient Coach your football team, stay involved in team activities, practices, and coach in the game. That’s insane! Even if they didn’t let him coach but told him he could be on the sidelines….also insane. This idiot could have killed sometime FFS! It’s a terrible terrible look for the university and a terrible message to the players. Didn’t you have someone close killed by a drunk driver? You of all people I would think would be shouting from the rooftops on this!
Preaching to the choir man. I said I wanted him gone as soon as I heard the news. I just don’t think I have the pull to make these decisions as you think I do. :lol:

Bottom line is we can talk about this until we’re blue in the face on message boards. Won’t make a difference. I do know of boosters that have emailed the athletic director with their displeasure. You seem passionate about this and I appreciate that. Maybe go that route?

Bottom line, is the “win at all costs” mantra doesn’t hold water when we heard all season how terrible our defense is.

Back