• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is one of the most talented Griz teams we've had in a while

garizzalies said:
indian-outlaw said:
Well you were touting the fact that almost half of our team is from Montana. Just pointing out that it's a pretty sad fact that less than half of our team is from Montana.
Sad? What in the world? I’ve always suspected you were a bubcat.

I think you missed the point or maybe I am not doing a good enough job explaining it.

People from all over MT love going to the games and following a local kid. Gives them great pride. I guarantee Anacompton and P-burg will be well represented on Saturday and there will be nary a complaint about a little warm air from those folks.

But that’s not all. We always have MT kids, and we always have a good D. I think the “coolest part” about this year’s team is that we have both in spades. And I don’t think it’s a coincidence. In fact, I think they go hand-in-hand. I believe we have a killer D because we collected all of these killers from around the state. I don’t think a random collection of guys from some other states would make up such a great D.

There’s something special about this D. They’ve gelled or have a chemistry or whatever the hell you want to call it. I saw it first-hand and I don’t recall seeing it this thick before. I don’t think the unit would be as strong if it were just a bunch of random dudes from WA, CA, and OR without this special connection.

6s0lv5.jpg

If that picture doesn't just say barndance, here we come..

PR tryna "tailgate" someone at another person's tailgate. What a weirdo. Also pretty sure the same amount of fans would fill the stands even if there was 0 native Montanan kids. The university represents our state. Doesn't matter where they are from imo. But we will never know because we will always have Montana boys. It's a pointless argument with only speculation.

I am a fourth generation Montanan and third generation UM attendee, and I truly could care less if there is one native Montanan on the Griz team. Of course, I am delighted when the really talented high school kids decide to come to UM but ... once any kid dons the maroon and silver, he is a 'Montana kid' in my estimation.

'68griz said:
I am a fourth generation Montanan and third generation UM attendee, and I truly could care less if there is one native Montanan on the Griz team. Of course, I am delighted when the really talented high school kids decide to come to UM but ... once any kid dons the maroon and silver, he is a 'Montana kid' in my estimation.

"Our heart and soul will come from Wisconsin. Our hands and feet better come from somewhere else" Barry Alvarez .

'68griz said:

What would happen to 37 tradition?

mthoopsfan said:
'68griz said:

I guess we would have to wait and see.

'68griz said:
mthoopsfan said:
I guess we would have to wait and see.

There is never a scenario when there are zero Montana players. The most ridiculous thing is when people say they don’t watch Griz BASKETBALL because there are no players from Montana. Can’t tell me there is no racial biased. If you really want Montana kids on our basketball team, you want us to lose.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EverettGriz said:
Because msu is where you go if you're a back-up but are better than starters. Just ask 'em.

Sean chambers is academically ineligible. Jordan reed is out for the year with a season ending injury. So MSU is in BIG trouble if Mellott goes down as the next man up is redshirt freshman Sean Austin who has zero experience.
I don't know, he got the job done in Rudy.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EverettGriz said:
Because msu is where you go if you're a back-up but are better than starters. Just ask 'em.

Sean chambers is academically ineligible. Jordan reed is out for the year with a season ending injury. So MSU is in BIG trouble if Mellott goes down as the next man up is redshirt freshman Sean Austin who has zero experience.

Their best backup is probably playing LB!

MikeyGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Chambers ran 7 times for 23 yards and 2 TD's. O-2 passing. Pretty good for being academically ineligible.

'68griz said:

I am an umpteenth generation Montanan, my dad played for the Griz, and I truly couldn't care less if a FBS team ever played in Griz stadium.

mthoopsfan said:
'68griz said:

I am an umpteenth generation Montanan, my dad played for the Griz, and I truly couldn't care less if a FBS team ever played in Griz stadium.

Wonder how the Dartmouth faithful felt about having a hick from Montana representing them on the field? :D

mthoopsfan said:
MikeyGriz said:

Chambers ran 7 times for 23 yards and 2 TD's. O-2 passing. Pretty good for being academically ineligible.

Yeah I saw that. They must have gotten him all squared away with his academics, because he was ineligible earlier in the week according to Nuanez and Houghton

Thought this thread from Brint was a good one to look back on. Most talented gris team in history finished 6th in the Big Sky.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Wonder how the Dartmouth faithful felt about having a hick from Montana representing them on the field?
I wonder how they feel about their 3-7 season.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Wonder how the Dartmouth faithful felt about having a hick from Montana representing them on the field?

Weak season, almost all close games, after 2 Ivy championships. Lost a ton of guys to the portal. I think about 8 went FBS. Graduates can't play in the Ivies. With covid, and lost time, more than a dozen players moved on, due to covid or graduation. And the others are on Wall St, making 6 figures. As opposed to Princeton, which kept 25 5th years seasons (who had to avoid graduation to play in the fall).

To AZ Griz: I got into the Dartmouth football hall of fame, so I assume they were okay with the MT guy. And selected as one of the two best corners to play at Dartmouth in the first 50 years of the official Ivy league conference. And started on the best team in Dartmouth football history. Almost as good as your frosh year at Sentinel.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

Weak season, almost all close games, after 2 Ivy championships. Lost a ton of guys to the portal. I think about 8 went FBS. Graduates can't play in the Ivies. With covid, and lost time, more than a dozen players moved on, due to covid or graduation. And the others are on Wall St, making 6 figures. As opposed to Princeton, which kept 25 5th years seasons (who had to avoid graduation to play in the fall).

To AZ Griz: I got into the Dartmouth football hall of fame, so I assume they were okay with the MT guy. And selected as one of the two best corners to play at Dartmouth in the first 50 years of the official Ivy league conference. And started on the best team in Dartmouth football history. Almost as good as your frosh year at Sentinel.

During my long career in education I felt honored to have many of my students research this school and not only apply but get accepted there. Most Montana rednecks are ignorant of this school's history and tradition (let alone Carlisle, Flandreau, and Haskell). Hell, I doubt if they even know about Fort Shaw, Montana and girl's basketball.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dartmouth_College#:~:text=Dartmouth%20was%20founded%20by%20Eleazar,chartered%20before%20the%20American%20Revolution.

41>37 said:
Thought this thread from Brint was a good one to look back on. Most talented gris team in history finished 6th in the Big Sky.

With this much talent and such massive let downs leads me to believe coaching was the issue. I think it’s gettin about time for us to take a brach from that no dick state tree also.

Does anybody else think it's weird that both Dartmouth and Stanford changed their mascots names right after Hoops attended their schools?

Back