• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

mthoopsfan

rocklobster said:
Griz Addict said:
I don’t think he's an asshole... He has a big ego though and does like to name drop. However he bleeds maroon and will always defend the team that he loves, like any decent fan. It's okay to criticize but, yall have taken it to a level of hate. If you don't like the program or how it's going, just go [#]f### off and bitch about a different team. I've been a griz fan since a child and I've never witnessed such douchery. All of griz fans used to always back the program and were decent people. Now half are complete ass clowns that live in a fantasy land wishing for madden type results. Rofl. Find the real world, please. Watch more football, become more educated, and you might understand how things are in reality.

One thing for sure, he will be happy that there is a thread inspired by his genius; or assholery, depending on the way you look at. At least everyone is classy enough to put it into words, as he’ll have plenty of pontificating to do, once he reads some of the words that he’s brought out of some of the posters. [b]Personally, I think there’s bigger assholes than him on Egriz.[/b]

agree

Not an a-hole, a tad insecure perhaps and a self promoter. But what makes the e griz interesting is the ongoing give and take.

He was busy bashing the Lady Griz and their coach from afar right up until Saturday's kickoff. Must have lost the internet once the fb game started!🤔

With all the support he's receiving it would seem that Mthoopsfan clearly represents the typical Montana Griz fan on this site. Didn't see that coming.

Oldschoolhornet said:
With all the support he's receiving it would seem that Mthoopsfan clearly represents the typical Montana Griz fan on this site. Didn't see that coming.
Are you saying we're all juvenile, narcissistic, last-word, middle-school dicks?

My take on the character mt hoops/pr is he plays the role of lightning rod for fan anger. By fixing egriz anger on him instead it helps to shift the conversation.

it’s annoying as f, but it kinda works. And I will say there have been times he and I have gotten into it and I realized later he was right and I was wrong. Just my opinion and experience on this board.

Even with my signature being about him, I'm surprised how man of you have let him crawl into your mind. Take him for what he is. An ex football player that does know the game, a lawyer, and a troll.

You guys are funny. A couple weeks ago he made comment he decided to retire so he could post more on egriz. I found that hilarious. He starts 2-3 topics each week on egriz, and everyone bites for at least 5 pages. Even in the off season.

It's a bit, an act. And he's good at it. Keeps people here and commenting on him and the program. He's trying to keep egriz alive.

Grizmed said:
You guys are funny. A couple weeks ago he made comment he decided to retire so he could post more on egriz. I found that hilarious. He starts 2-3 topics each week on egriz, and everyone bites for at least 5 pages. Even in the off season.

It's a bit, an act. And he's good at it. Keeps people here and commenting on him and the program. He's trying to keep egriz alive.

This is dead on accurate.

Him and I use to butt heads on here but i met him and his wife once at the Dram Shop and he's actually fun to bullshit with. Both him and his wife are good people.

I would say one thing about egriz is that everyone has a tone. Some are homers, some are optimistic, some are pessimistic, some have rituals, etc. PR is what PR is. I think what he is, is everything people have said to some degree. Some of it is real, some of it is he is grouchy that day and being a douche, some of it is egging people on. I think we all can do it at times in real life or in an anonymous forum. I said a couple years ago, I'd love to hang out with him at a game. I think it would be an excellent conversation, and bet he's actually a pretty good dude when not on the screen (plus, OBVIOUSLY I'd get to meet a lot of people). Truth is, being a Montanan is sorta like being in an exclusive club. Montana is special. If you take out the meth heads and California transplants, the rest of us are down to earth, laid back folk. He, and most of the Griz fans on here, would be entertaining for me to watch some Griz football with.

Edit: Feels like he's died or something, with all these posts :lol: :lol: :lol:

So there you have it...more proof that mthoops is the quintessential University of Montana/egriz man. I guess that helps explain how Montana State has become the alpha college football program in the State of Montana.

Allezchat said:
He once called me a good poster. I added that to my business cards.

I may have to talk to you about being my egriz speechwriter. Your biz card comment is my kind of comment, but perhaps a bit better than mine.

Lol old PR. He is honestly hilarious in my opinion. Despite arguing with him multiple times and calling him names. He is one of a kind.

He gives a ton of shit so he should also be able to take it which he seems to be good at. He comes off as just an unbearable asshole and I’ve heard from people that know him in real life that he’s not much different in real life. But also not a bad guy. As much as it pains me to say…it’s fun having him on egriz

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Lol old PR. He is honestly hilarious in my opinion. Despite arguing with him multiple times and calling him names. He is one of a kind.

He gives a ton of shit so he should also be able to take it which he seems to be good at. He comes off as just an unbearable asshole and I’ve heard from people that know him in real life that he’s not much different in real life. But also not a bad guy. As much as it pains me to say…it’s fun having him on egriz

Everyone who actually knows me well knows I'm a great guy and have been my whole life. My goal on egriz is not to be a great guy. I sometimes enjoy taking on 10 or 20 posters on egriz, and holding my own. Of course, many of them are dummies. One of my long-term goals is to have all of those dummies have a quote from me in their avatar. I like how they advertise their own shortcomings. I think I'm funny sometimes, but my wife doesn't agree. Are you from eastern MT? As you may have seen, I was born in Miles City and raised on the family ranch on the Fort Peck reservation. My Anglo great grandparents both moved to MT and started ranching/farming in the 1880s.

mthoopsfan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Everyone who actually knows me well knows I'm a great guy and have been my whole life. My goal on egriz is not to be a great guy. I sometimes enjoy taking on 10 or 20 posters on egriz, and holding my own. Of course, many of them are dummies. One of my long-term goals is to have all of those dummies have a quote from me in their avatar. I like how they advertise their own shortcomings. I think I'm funny sometimes, but my wife doesn't agree. Are you from eastern MT? As you may have seen, I was born in Miles City and raised on the family ranch on the Fort Peck reservation. My Anglo great grandparents both moved to MT and started ranching/farming in the 1880s.

Yes I am from eastern Montana. More Eastern than you even….

See you’re rubbing off on everyone ^^. Hahaha

BadlandsGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yes I am from eastern Montana. More Eastern than you even….

See you’re rubbing off on everyone ^^. Hahaha

Where? Glendive? SE corner? Our ranch is between Brockton and Culbertson.

Back