• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis throws all the shade

mthoopsfan said:
41>37 said:
Got to be the all time leader in missed tackles without cooking the books.

Is that why he was a first-team all conference safety?

No ints but somehow still all conference db. I think it’s called a professional courtesy by head coaches.

Walkon79 said:
WaGriz4life said:
It’s not the head coach. Whole accusation of Bobby Hauck being in charge of tackles recorded when we are getting these numbers literally in real time watching the game is ridiculous. Whether or not you think Robby should be playing is a different story entirely.

A bunch of kids who never won shit bashing a hall of fame coach at their school is more than ridiculous.

I’ve never doubted the stats. The problem has always been playing for 4 years and having a safety being your all-time leader in tackles. That’s scheme.
Dante Olsen had way more tackles than Robby did in the first two years—that’s why he originally broke the UM tackles record—in the same scheme. If he had had another year, Robby would never have caught him. This whole “the scheme was designed to get Robby tackles” stuff doesn’t make sense.

uofmman1122 said:
Walkon79 said:
I’ve never doubted the stats. The problem has always been playing for 4 years and having a safety being your all-time leader in tackles. That’s scheme.
Dante Olsen had way more tackles than Robby did in the first two years—that’s why he originally broke the UM tackles record—in the same scheme. If he had had another year, Robby would never have caught him. This whole “the scheme was designed to get Robby tackles” stuff doesn’t make sense.

It was absolutely a scheme. Unless the responsibilities for a Safety changed since I played or since I watched Football a week ago, they don't include constantly hanging around the line or being in the backfield.

As others have mentioned, dude had 1 INT his whole career... Gubner had 3 as a Freshman!

Robby was nothing but ME ME ME ME and I'm happy he's gone, unfortunately there's at least one more year of the guy that let all that happen unchecked.

This thread has evolved into a Robby Hauck discussion, but to me, the more insidious aspect is that a former star player, wearing the esteemed #37, seems to be slamming his former head coach, and a couple of other star players chiming-in. If there is a problem in the locker room, that is a BIG ISSUE!

Cuervohola said:
uofmman1122 said:

It was absolutely a scheme. Unless the responsibilities for a Safety changed since I played or since I watched Football a week ago, they don't include constantly hanging around the line or being in the backfield.

As others have mentioned, dude had 1 INT his whole career... Gubner had 3 as a Freshman!

Robby was nothing but ME ME ME ME and I'm happy he's gone, unfortunately there's at least one more year of the guy that let all that happen unchecked.
"Our defensive scheme was brought in just so that the coach's son could get the most tackles on the team, designed specifically to funnel every play to him, but ignore the fact that a LB broke our school tackles record in 2 seasons in said scheme" :lol:

Also, you complain about Robby constantly being in the backfield and on the line, yet also complain that he only had 1 INT. Do you not think those two things might be related? ;)

Jesse said:
mthoopsfan said:
Is that why he was a first-team all conference safety?

No ints but somehow still all conference db. I think it’s called a professional courtesy by head coaches.

Oh, BS. 100's of coaches' sons play football and sports and don't make all-conference. Hauck also made all-American teams last year and pre-season. You clearly never played the game, and even followed it.

uofmman1122 said:
Walkon79 said:

I agree. Hauck started 4 years; Dante didn't. Both were great tackles. Just sorry grapes. Lewis can say what he wants to, and I don't know him, but it makes me think less of him. Another question might be, what do Jesse Sims parents think of Olsen?

Cuervohola said:
uofmman1122 said:

Yes, this scheme is different than the schemes you may have played or watched. Note that there are 5 d-backs, not 4. There is an extra guy to get around and make up for to having only 6 in the front "7".

mthoopsfan said:
uofmman1122 said:

I agree. Hauck started 4 years; Dante didn't. Both were great tackles. Just sorry grapes. Lewis can say what he wants to, and I don't know him, but it makes me think less of him. Another question might be, what do Jesse Sims parents think of Olsen?

So now you're turning on Olsen too? Should we poll all of the player's parents to get their opinion, or just the ones you know? Do you think Jesse's parents would appreciate your comment about them on this forum? Jesse and Olsen were good buddies, so there is that!

mthoopsfan said:
Jesse said:

Oh, BS. 100's of coaches' sons play football and sports and don't make all-conference. Hauck also made all-American teams last year and pre-season. You clearly never played the game, and even followed it.

1 int after starting four years pretty much sums him up. You pretend to have played the game yet you know nothing about football or what it means to be a team player. He wasn’t, it was all about the pile on to pad his stats just ask Justin, Jace and Dante. Go back to your basement and light some more candles for your hero coach. Or continue to try and get people band like the little girl you have become on this board. Pathetic lol. 3,2,1….

Who fucking cares? Everyone being discussed is gone. They no longer play for the Griz. There should be a “Past Griz” thread for people to discuss opinions and stories about people who no longer play for the Griz.

uofmman1122 said:
Walkon79 said:

The reason Robby broke the record, which is that whoever does the statistics is awfully fast and loose with what a tackle is, is the same reason Olson broke the record. When half the defense gets an assisted tackle on one play, you end up with a lot of guys with a lot of tackles. Olson and Lewis don’t have anything to complain about in that regard. For other things, they might. Idk.

CDAGRIZ said:
Who f###[#] cares? Everyone being discussed is gone. They no longer play for the Griz. There should be a “Past Griz” thread for people to discuss opinions and stories about people who no longer play for the Griz.

100% But you know as well as anyone that eGriz is nothing if not the best place to :dead:

Next season, I’m focusing on golf, fishing and tacos. No particular order.

RoseyMustGo said:
mthoopsfan said:

So now you're turning on Olsen too? Should we poll all of the player's parents to get their opinion, or just the ones you know? Do you think Jesse's parents would appreciate your comment about them on this forum? Jesse and Olsen were good buddies, so there is that!

I haven't turned on any player, and never have. I just asked a question. You are the one who turns on people and criticizes them. You've turned on the team. Look at your name. You are a loser.

Jesse said:
mthoopsfan said:

1 int after starting four years pretty much sums him up. You pretend to have played the game yet you know nothing about football or what it means to be a team player. He wasn’t, it was all about the pile on to pad his stats just ask Justin, Jace and Dante. Go back to your basement and light some more candles for your hero coach. Or continue to try and get people band like the little girl you have become on this board. Pathetic lol. 3,2,1….

Yes, it sums up that, his position as the 5th d-back, was set up primarily to stop the run and he often didn't have primary coverage responsibilities. Just because you have nothing to add or say, doesn't mean that you should just strike out at other posters.

Hauck basically played an undersized LB in this scheme. Like most LB’s, when he had to be in coverage, he struggled.

PTGrizzly said:
Hauck basically played an undersized LB in this scheme. Like most LB’s, when he had to be in coverage, he struggled.

I don't agree that he struggled in pass defense. He may not have been a great pass defender, and didn't have great speed, but his coverage was fine. Most people criticizing his coverage on egriz, don't have a clue about secondary play, pass coverage, and the Griz schemes. Because I played in the secondary, watch secondary play, and discuss the subject with a few coaches and players, I think I have a better view than most on here.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

I don't agree that he struggled in pass defense. He may not have been a great pass defender, and didn't have great speed, but his coverage was fine. Most people criticizing his coverage on egriz, don't have a clue about secondary play, pass coverage, and the Griz schemes. Because I played in the secondary, watch secondary play, and discuss the subject with a few coaches and players, I think I have a better view than most on here.

You can have great technique, but if you’re not fast enough, 9/10 times it doesn’t matter. He was any easy target, and coaches as much as admitted they targeted him. But, when you have a good pass rush, that limits the damage that can be done.

Was the forward pass even invented when you played ball? I’m joking, of course, but the game has changed a lot since you played. Robby wasn’t good in coverage, and honestly, it’s obvious on tape. He was assignment steady and technically sound, but small and slow. Sometimes you can’t make up for that. Works against bad teams, but every good team we played it showed on tape.

PTGrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:

The reason Robby broke the record, which is that whoever does the statistics is awfully fast and loose with what a tackle is, is the same reason Olson broke the record. When half the defense gets an assisted tackle on one play, you end up with a lot of guys with a lot of tackles. Olson and Lewis don’t have anything to complain about in that regard. For other things, they might. Idk.
Yeah, this is what I'm saying. I think the rest of the team has a legitimate gripe about Robby regarding potential favoritism in playing time, but every single Griz player benefits from UM's liberal way of crediting assisted tackles. I'd bet almost all of the bobcat fans crowing about Robby getting tackles through "cheating" were the same ones yelling about Dante getting credited for more tackles than they thought he deserved back in 2019.

Also, congrats everyone, this one's definitely making it to 17 pages. :lol:

Back