• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Season: Expectations unmet

Yes, thanks Brint.. Well thought out post.

I'm not overly optimistic for next year. I think we had a very solid defense (with two horrible games) but a well below average offense. I think Lucas was the only high caliber offensive player we had. The line, backs and receivers were all just average and our back up QB's were simply not ready for primetime. When Lucas wasn't playing there essentially was no offense.
We lose a lot of high caliber defensive players this year, so the defense next year will likey not be as good and I just don't see any offensive players the can cary the torch. I think we will need some dynamic transfers. I expect we will be middle of the pack next year.

ranco said:

I'm not overly optimistic for next year. I think we had a very solid defense (with two horrible games) but a well below average offense. I think Lucas was the only high caliber offensive player we had. The line, backs and receivers were all just average and our back up QB's were simply not ready for primetime. When Lucas wasn't playing there essentially was no offense.
We lose a lot of high caliber defensive players this year, so the defense next year will likey not be as good and I just don't see any offensive players the can cary the torch. I think we will need some dynamic transfers. I expect we will be middle of the pack next year.

You didn't think very long or hard if that's the conclusion you came to.

Htowngriz said:
ranco said:

You didn't think very long or hard if that's the conclusion you came to.

Junior Bergen and Cole Grossman please stand up

mthoopsfan said:
BWahlberg said:
Junior Bergen and Cole Grossman please stand up

Our 2 all-conference o-lineman. Roberts. Ostmo.

Flowers as well, obviously best as a returner but I felt he had more to show on offense but this year just wasn't working well for anyone it seemed.

Bobby's pretty smart in lowering the bar, now we get excited by finishing in the middle of the bsc.

Must be changing the flavor of the kool-aid next year ?

RTD = LCD

fanofzoo said:
Bobby's pretty smart in lowering the bar, now we get excited by finishing in the middle of the bsc.

RTD = LCD

Who’s this “we” shit? You got a turd in your pocket? Because I most certainly am not “excited” by this finish…you must be talking about PR and his ilk.

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:

RTD = LCD

Who’s this “we” shit? You got a turd in your pocket? Because I most certainly am not “excited” by this finish…you must be talking about PR and his ilk.

sarcasm

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:

sarcasm

Dammit man. Use the sarcasm font on your keyboard for that stuff. :twisted: :twisted:

Griz66 said:
It is so nice to hear a voice of reason and a nice objective evaluation.. I think all of us are disappointed with this season and some changes with the staff need to be made. Bobby is not going anywhere and all of you need to accept that and move on and be more supportive so we can be in a better position next year. The other option is to become Kitty fans and watch their upward trend begin to disappear. Remember last year last year after the Cat beatdown everything was wonderful in Griz land and the cat fans wanted to get rid of Vigen and the OC. My how things change in the world of egriz and bobcat nation

No evidence of that happening, but I guess we'll see how it plays out. Yep, last year the griz kicked Cats' ass. Vigen didn't say anything about his QB being off, or sick, or injured, or anything of the nature. He manned up, admitted we got spanked, and immediately made a change at QB. Then you know the rest of the story, rolled through an incredible run to Frisco and then again, got our asses kicked. Once again, Vigen made no excuses about our star QB breaking his foot in the first drive, but rather just owned that we got our asses kicked (Knows it was his fault we didn't have a capable backup QB), end of story. Then he met with the team and said OK, you know what it's like to get here, and you probably know what's going to take to win it all. Then the coaches and players went to work and redoubled efforts, working their asses off because they knew the product we put on the field last year wasn't good enough.

Did they do enough? We'll know soon enough. I like this team, and they appear to be getting better the deeper we get into December and January.

poorgriz said:
Griz66 said:
It is so nice to hear a voice of reason and a nice objective evaluation.. I think all of us are disappointed with this season and some changes with the staff need to be made. Bobby is not going anywhere and all of you need to accept that and move on and be more supportive so we can be in a better position next year. The other option is to become Kitty fans and watch their upward trend begin to disappear. Remember last year last year after the Cat beatdown everything was wonderful in Griz land and the cat fans wanted to get rid of Vigen and the OC. My how things change in the world of egriz and bobcat nation

No evidence of that happening, but I guess we'll see how it plays out. Yep, last year the griz kicked Cats' ass. Vigen didn't say anything about his QB being off, or sick, or injured, or anything of the nature. He manned up, admitted we got spanked, and immediately made a change at QB. Then you know the rest of the story, rolled through an incredible run to Frisco and then again, got our asses kicked. Once again, Vigen made no excuses about our star QB breaking his foot in the first drive, but rather just owned that we got our asses kicked (Knows it was his fault we didn't have a capable backup QB), end of story. Then he met with the team and said OK, you know what it's like to get here, and you probably know what's going to take to win it all. Then the coaches and players went to work and redoubled efforts, working their asses off because they knew the product we put on the field last year wasn't good enough.

Did they do enough? We'll know soon enough. I like this team, and they appear to be getting better the deeper we get into December and January.

What excuses as Hauck made?

I'd much rather have Hauck as a coach than your guy.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:

Yeah, because who wants BSC championships and deep playoff runs anyways, amirite???

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yeah, because who wants BSC championships and deep playoff runs anyways, amirite???

Aren’t you the guy who just wants to win the big sky and doesn’t care about the playoffs? The Griz have won as many playoff games this year as the Cats have. I am picking W&M.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Aren’t you the guy who just wants to win the big sky and doesn’t care about the playoffs? The Griz have won as many playoff games this year as the Cats have. I am picking W&M.
Uhhh every team that won the first round of the playoffs has won as many playoff games as the cats. The difference is that the cats beat Weber and the first round games are a joke.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

THANK GOD!!! Whew, I was nervous you were going to pick the Cats to win, which would have scared the shit out of me because you've been dead wrong, way off on 7 of your last 8 picks. Thx

brewskis said:
mthoopsfan said:
Uhhh every team that won the first round of the playoffs has won as many playoff games as the cats. The difference is that the cats beat Weber and the first round games are a joke.

The Griz first round game wasn't a joke. That team was very good and ranked above the Griz in the polls. You should hae watched the game. It was good.

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

THANK GOD!!! Whew, I was nervous you were going to pick the Cats to win, which would have scared the shit out of me because you've been dead wrong, way off on 7 of your last 8 picks. Thx

What were my last 8 picks? I haven't made 8 picks all season. Why do you feel you just have to make up stuff?

Johnson looked good in the Cal Poly and EWU games long after the devastating season ending for the entire team "hit". Huh?

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Says the guy who sets the “success” bar at a certain # of wins.

Actually, i do to…it’s 15. 15 wins in a season. THAT is success. Playing in January. That is success. Winning your last game. In January. THAT is success.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Says the guy who sets the “success” bar at a certain # of wins.

Actually, i do to…it’s 15. 15 wins in a season. THAT is success. Playing in January. That is success. Winning your last game. In January. THAT is success.
I hate to be that guy, but it seems only one current member of the FCS has had any success over the past 10+ years, then. :lol:

Nice to hear we aren't really falling behind MSU at all, if that's the case. ;)

Back