• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who should get # 37 next year

TouchdownMontana

I think Hill and Janacaro are the most logical . I would vote for Janacaro as he was 3rd in tackles, 3rd in tackles for loss, and 2nd for Quarterback hurries.

I don’t know. Who is Welnel’s best bud? That is the new tradition. Otherwise O’Connell would be handing it down.

astutegriz said:
I don’t know. Who is Welnel’s best bud? That is the new tradition. Otherwise O’Connell would be handing it down.
Being so astute I'm sure you do know Lewis lived with O'Connell too...or if not we'll he did

Ursus1 said:
astutegriz said:
Being so astute I'm sure you do know Lewis lived with O'Connell too...or if not we'll he did
Something was going on because O'Connell was far more deserving than Welnel. Maybe Lewis was a bit jealous of the national recognition O'Connell got?

If it has caused problems among the players, or even the coaches, it should probably go away. It's not worth locker room issues just to wear a number. Maybe it has over-served its time. Just my opinion.

kemajic said:
Ursus1 said:
Something was going on because O'Connell was far more deserving than Welnel. Maybe Lewis was a bit jealous of the national recognition O'Connell got?

I believe Jace, Welnel and OConnell were all roommates. And they chose together that welnel deserved it because he was still on a small partial scholarship and Lewis and O'Connell both agreed that welnel had earned a full. Unfortunately Welnel wasn't a "Bobby guy".

At least that's the story that was going around Helena.

wbtfg said:
kemajic said:

I believe Jace, Welnel and OConnell were all roommates. And they chose together that welnel deserved it because he was still on a small partial scholarship and Lewis and O'Connell both agreed that welnel had earned a full. Unfortunately Welnel wasn't a "Bobby guy".

At least that's the story that was going around Helena.

Fact.

I think they should retire the number and get rid of that silly tradition. It causes problems on the team. It excludes any one not born in montana even if they are a better player. I think if they must have it though give it to Junior Bergen he is clearly the best player from montana on the team. It has been with defense almost exclusively but was started on offense so I think #37 should be bergen. Unless bobby wants to give it to the punter he would be good too since with rosy at oc the punter s the most valuable player on the team most days.

grizingatorland said:
I think they should retire the number and get rid of that silly tradition. It causes problems on the team. It excludes any one not born in montana even if they are a better player. I think if they must have it though give it to Junior Bergen he is clearly the best player from montana on the team. It has been with defense almost exclusively but was started on offense so I think #37 should be bergen. Unless bobby wants to give it to the punter he would be good too since with rosy at oc the punter s the most valuable player on the team most days.

#37 is a silly tradition? That's a bold statement.

AZGrizFan said:
Ask Bobby. He’ll determine it anyway.

Bobby’s gonna award it to Robbie as a graduation present and then retire it in honor of “The Greatest Tackler in the History of the Conference!”

wbtfg said:
grizingatorland said:

#37 is a silly tradition? That's a bold statement.

55cdf7de-945a-470c-9dcd-2039bb43f34b_text.gif

Back