• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who should get # 37 next year

wbtfg said:
kemajic said:
Something was going on because O'Connell was far more deserving than Welnel. Maybe Lewis was a bit jealous of the national recognition O'Connell got?

I believe Jace, Welnel and OConnell were all roommates. And they chose together that welnel deserved it because he was still on a small partial scholarship and Lewis and O'Connell both agreed that welnel had earned a full. Unfortunately Welnel wasn't a "Bobby guy".

At least that's the story that was going around Helena.

Haha! Sorry, I know you are probably right, but the “story going around Helena” part got a chuckle out of me for some reason. I just picture a group of old dudes sitting in a barber shop (only half of whom are even there to get haircuts) reading hard copy newspapers and stuff. “You know what I heard…”

73tcv6.jpg

Jace lived with O’Connell and Matthew O’Donnahue. He never lived with Welnel. You need to understand that more goes in to that decision than who has most tackles or accolades. There is leadership, work ethic, and team above self. The players see things NO ONE else sees. In addition, with the exception of the 37, he never cared about accolades. He cared about winning, and he , like others, stayed an extra year to try to get the University a National Championship. Sorry, couldn’t let misinformation continue.

kurtismichael said:
Somebody on the team.

While that's the idea normally, I'm thinking that they should retire the number. 15, 22 & now 37. Then there's one less thing to be fought over and mishandled next season.

The tradition started after the ‘86 season I believe, with absolutely no controversy until this year. Yeah let’s shit-can it nothing but a distraction to divide the Lockerroom specially when kids are involved. Shelf it, it’s not that special anymore since the cats did their own legacy number.

The correct answer is whoever...yes, whoever Welnel wants to give it to.

No one else gets a vote or opinion on the matter. That's the tradition.

I've been a proponent of giving it back to a Frosh/R-Frosh for a while, and even more so now, since it would mean we wouldn't have to hear about it every goddamn season. :lol:

SoldierGriz said:

You mean little bobby won't be in the mix ?

This will be the first time in the history of the # that it's given to your new Graduate assistant....Robby Hauck!

SoldierGriz said:

Not under Bobby's watch. I guarantee he'll get his big nose involved there and stick it where it doesn't below. He's a control freak, just who he is.

poorgriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Not under Bobby's watch. I guarantee he'll get his big nose involved there and stick it where it doesn't below. He's a control freak, just who he is.

Bobby isn’t a control freak.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:

I just spit my teeth out. That's it. You are officially the dumbest bastard on this forum. What part of the football program doesn't he control??? Dude, it's ALL of it. I thought you were close to the program? Do you talk to anybody but him? I'll bet you are one of the guys at practices the players always joke about that they need to be nice to because he is Hauck's buddy. One thing is right though, you are a joke. Did you even play the game? Did you even play flag football? Do you even understand the game? You are an idiot. There, did I cover them all?

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:

:lol:

Look, I'm no BH hater, but this is hilarious. Bobby is effing textbook control freak, and would proudly admit it himself.

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

I just spit my teeth out. That's it. You are officially the dumbest bastard on this forum. What part of the football program doesn't he control??? Dude, it's ALL of it. I thought you were close to the program? Do you talk to anybody but him? I'll bet you are one of the guys at practices the players always joke about that they need to be nice to because he is Hauck's buddy. One thing is right though, you are a joke. Did you even play the game? Did you even play flag football? Do you even understand the game? You are an idiot. There, did I cover them all?

You are the idiot. Controlling a program doesn't make someone a control freak. What college head coach doesn't control his program? You don't even know Hauck. I played D-I for a top 15 team that won Lambert Trophy for best team in the East over 7-3 Penn St. Member of two athletic halls of fame. And your football credentials, other than big mouth?

Back