• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Vigen next?

GriznBigfork said:
EverettGriz said:
If a “cheap shot” is calling out a head coach who allows an assistant who is charged with his 3rd dui following a stop on a city street at 30 mph over to continue his duties,, then I guess I’m guilty of taking cheap shots.

Everett it is kind of hard to take you seriously when with your tagline calling someone out with an addiction.

Hmm, I've always read it as saying it might fix things in the short term, but it's never a real fix. Also, I'm pretty sure he was calling out the decision to allow him to continue coaching, not the DC himself. Could be wrong.

GriznBigfork said:
EverettGriz said:
If a “cheap shot” is calling out a head coach who allows an assistant who is charged with his 3rd dui following a stop on a city street at 30 mph over to continue his duties,, then I guess I’m guilty of taking cheap shots.

Everett it is kind of hard to take you seriously when with your tagline calling someone out with an addiction.
It is absolutely possible and morally consistent to enjoy drinking and hate drinking and driving. How is this hard?

EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
You guys just love taking cheap shots.

Do you know or not if Vigen is being told by those above him to continue to let him coach until the legal situation clarifies?

GriznBigfork said:
EverettGriz said:

CDA and 1122 explained this far more eloquently than can I. But while I find the actions of the cat DC reprehensible and incomprehensible with today’s transportation options available, I’m fully on record on this very issue as stating I understand alcoholism is a disease, and nothing to make light of.

My issues are with the msu administration allowing this person to continue in his professional duties. There can be absolutely no justification for such a decision.

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:

Do you know or not if Vigen is being told by those above him to continue to let him coach until the legal situation clarifies?

See above. There can be no justifiable reason for such a decision, from any level of the msu administration.

I’m not certain throwing Waded under the bus is making things look better for your program and university, but that may go hand-in hand with the win at all cost mentality that seems to be thriving there.

In a totally unrelated news, Barney appears to be in the top two candidates down ISU way. Would that mean the Dots would be closer to Missoula?

Bok_Choi said:
In a totally unrelated topic, Barney appears to be in the top two candidates down ISU way. Would that mean the Dots would be closer to Missoula?

Man, what a horribly sad statement on the bsc when a move to isu is considered an upgrade.

EverettGriz said:
GriznBigfork said:

CDA and 1122 explained this far more eloquently than can I. But while I find the actions of the cat DC reprehensible and incomprehensible with today’s transportation options available, I’m fully on record on this very issue as stating I understand alcoholism is a disease, and nothing to make light of.

My issues are with the msu administration allowing this person to continue in his professional duties. There can be absolutely no justification for such a decision.

I see your point.

EverettGriz said:
Bok_Choi said:
In a totally unrelated topic, Barney appears to be in the top two candidates down ISU way. Would that mean the Dots would be closer to Missoula?

Man, what a horribly sad statement on the bsc when a move to isu is considered an upgrade.

I said that exact same thing when I read that on Twitter today. The very next thought was, “why in the hell is football still allowed to exist at PSU?”

Counter Assault said:
EverettGriz said:

I said that exact same thing when I read that on Twitter today. The very next thought was, “why in the hell is football still allowed to exist at PSU?”

Not sure either. Of course, not sure why it’s still at thing at ISU either. :lol:

SeattleBobcat said:
Looks like you guys already are filling out his resume for him. Want him gone that bad huh?

Just don’t expect him to be around long. And why would he be?

Griz til I die said:
Probably not this year. There’s nothing really left out west now that Colorado, UNLV, and Stanford have all been filled and I can’t see him leaving for an assistant job. The only reason Jay Hill left for an assistant job is because he got passed up twice at Utah State and he didn’t wanna get stuck at Weber forever.
Hill didn't get passed up by USU even once. They talked to him and he told them that, at the time, he wasn't interested.

He got offered a 7 figure salary at BYU. Sort of hard to turn down to work with and for a long time friend. I'm sure that if USU was offering anything in that ball park, he would have considered it more favorably.

Serious question because I'm ignorant - do the coaches for MSU/UM have to be compensated the same (for their total payout from the state)? Can they benefit from NIL deals?

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:

Absolutely no way you would fire someone who acknowledges they have a disease unless you want to pay them a lot of money. I had a bus driver get a DUI with kids on the bus and they walked in and said they needed treatment. Attorneys and their Union said you will pay them lots of money if you terminate.

indiancoyote said:
bigsky33 said:

Absolutely no way you would fire someone who acknowledges they have a disease unless you want to pay them a lot of money. I had a bus driver get a DUI with kids on the bus and they walked in and said they needed treatment. Attorneys and their Union said you will pay them lots of money if you terminate.

Did they let the bus driver keep driving kids around until the legal situation clarified?

Latest posts

Back