• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Season: Expectations unmet

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
No evidence of that happening, but I guess we'll see how it plays out. Yep, last year the griz kicked Cats' ass. Vigen didn't say anything about his QB being off, or sick, or injured, or anything of the nature. He manned up, admitted we got spanked, and immediately made a change at QB. Then you know the rest of the story, rolled through an incredible run to Frisco and then again, got our asses kicked. Once again, Vigen made no excuses about our star QB breaking his foot in the first drive, but rather just owned that we got our asses kicked (Knows it was his fault we didn't have a capable backup QB), end of story. Then he met with the team and said OK, you know what it's like to get here, and you probably know what's going to take to win it all. Then the coaches and players went to work and redoubled efforts, working their asses off because they knew the product we put on the field last year wasn't good enough.

Did they do enough? We'll know soon enough. I like this team, and they appear to be getting better the deeper we get into December and January.

Well to be accurate , Sixx only made the QB change after the number one got pummeled by the GRIZ and quit.

No, that’s not accurate and you know it. Yes he got pummeled. Then Vigen made the change and THEN he quit.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
I hate to be that guy, but it seems only one current member of the FCS has had any success over the past 10+ years, then. :lol:

Nice to hear we aren't really falling behind MSU at all, if that's the case. ;)

Yes, I realize that. But the arbitrary bar of “10 win seasons” is comical. We’re in year 5 of RTD and we still can’t get past the first round of the playoffs. We still can’t win the conference. And we still can’t beat the ‘Scats. Bobby is 0-3 in his supposed “goals” upon returning.

I get a kick out of some posters. Immediately after the beat-down by NDSU, following the beat-down by the Bobcats, the board was on fire demanding change. Now the dust has settled, posters realize there is no way Hauck is fired because he has another year on his contract. And so, most have resigned themselves that nothing will change. If we don't replace Rosey, you can expect more of the same next year, beating-up pre-season patsies, building expectations, then being pummeled again by the better Sky teams.

For one, we have no current QB on the roster who is capable of being the answer. And with the portal, it will be even more difficult finding a transfer who is very good. With our four best defenders gone next season, there is no way our defense will be as good next year as it was this year. Expect another equal, or lesser performance next year as this year.

RoseyMustGo said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes, I realize that. But the arbitrary bar of “10 win seasons” is comical. We’re in year 5 of RTD and we still can’t get past the first round of the playoffs. We still can’t win the conference. And we still can’t beat the ‘Scats. Bobby is 0-3 in his supposed “goals” upon returning.

I get a kick out of some posters. Immediately after the beat-down by NDSU, following the beat-down by the Bobcats, the board was on fire demanding change. Now the dust has settled, posters realize there is no way Hauck is fired because he has another year on his contract. And so, most have resigned themselves that nothing will change. If we don't replace Rosey, you can expect more of the same next year, beating-up pre-season patsies, building expectations, then being pummeled again by the better Sky teams.

For one, we have no current QB on the roster who is capable of being the answer. And with the portal, it will be even more difficult finding a transfer who is very good. With our four best defenders gone next season, there is no way our defense will be as good next year as it was this year. Expect another equal, or lesser performance next year as this year.

And if Rosenbach got replaced, things would probably be worse.

mthoopsfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:

And if Rosenbauh get replaced, things would probably be worse.

At this point, just out of spite, I’m hoping they keep Rosenbauh so when they continue to suck next year, and they will, I will be right back checking on you to see if you are saying the same stupid comments that you do now. Man I can not wait!!

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

At this point, just out of spite, I’m hoping they keep Rosenbauh so when they continue to suck next year, and they will, I will be right back checking on you to see if you are saying the same stupid comments that you do now. Man I can not wait!!

How’s your Put in Britt mantra going these days?

mthoopsfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:

No. Just no

It’s is so frustrating to see any one support Rosenbaum. He is the absolute shits and yet people support him.
Amazing.

Isn’t funny how MSU couldn’t find a QB who could throw so they did what they could with who they had? It was a bit of a struggle for awhile and they continued to struggle to find that QB. However, they kept getting better at what they could do and now it is a fully embraced scheme that is impressively effective. I also think Mellott is a better thrower than most give him credit for. It seems a lot has aligned for them. Hopefully we get things aligned as well.

I am thankful for all these young men who play for my alma mater and represent it honorably. I want them to be proud of their team and university. I want them to have a great experience there like I did and remain fans of the U of M long after they have graduated. I don’t want them to have a shitty experience because the football team didn’t do well or lost to the Cats too many times. For them football is a large part of their college experience. So I hope for their sake, because they are putting in the work/time/effort to play football, that we get our perceived flaws (perseverated upon ad nauseum on this board) solved and they have better seasons in the upcoming years.

Also eGriz is a better read when we are kicking asses.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
I will admit when I’m wrong and I’d forgotten that ‘19 and ‘21 we didn’t play in a play-in game, so technically we lost in the 3rd round. And “technically” I’d call that a qasi-deep playoff run. Perhaps my issue lies more in the fact that we’ve been surpassed by Sac, MSU, Weber, and now Idaho and most likely UCD. That and his BSC performance trend have me concerned. Now, the field may be leveling a bit with Sac and Weber both losing their HC is the past week, but that doesn’t change the fact that we are now a distant #2 in our own state….guess we shall see.

And I agree with your last paragraph completely.

UM certainly hasn’t been surpassed by Idaho and Davis.

I wouldn’t say UM has been surpassed by those other schools either. Sac has won one playoff game ever. Weber is out of playoffs just like UM. We will see how Cats do tonight.

55-7. Cats. :coffee:

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
I will admit when I’m wrong and I’d forgotten that ‘19 and ‘21 we didn’t play in a play-in game, so technically we lost in the 3rd round. And “technically” I’d call that a qasi-deep playoff run. Perhaps my issue lies more in the fact that we’ve been surpassed by Sac, MSU, Weber, and now Idaho and most likely UCD. That and his BSC performance trend have me concerned. Now, the field may be leveling a bit with Sac and Weber both losing their HC is the past week, but that doesn’t change the fact that we are now a distant #2 in our own state….guess we shall see.

And I agree with your last paragraph completely.

I wouldn’t say UM has been surpassed by those other schools either. Sac has won one playoff game ever. Weber is out of playoffs just like UM. We will see how Cats do tonight.

Well, the Griz were looking UP in the standings to every one of those teams so I would say we’ve been passed by them whether you want to admit it or not. I swear, sometimes you remind me of the Iraqi Minister of Information, standing in front of the town square as US forces roll through telling his people everything is fine. Everything is fine. :lol: :lol:

“Bobby is the best coach in the BSC”
“Griz haven’t been passed by any other teams in the BSC”
“Griz were the best team in the BSC”
“Griz have more speed than NDSU”
“Griz don’t need to make any coaching changes”
“Rosenbach is a great offensive coach”
“Germer is a terrific coach”
“Griz O-line is performing fine”
…..and so many more….

I mean, how can one person be wrong SO many times and still fancy themselves some kind of football expert?

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Well, the Griz were looking UP in the standings to every one of those teams so I would say we’ve been passed by them whether you want to admit it or not. I swear, sometimes you remind me of the Iraqi Minister of Information, standing in front of the town square as US forces roll through telling his people everything is fine. Everything is fine. :lol: :lol:

…..and so many more….

I mean, how can one person be wrong SO many times and still fancy themselves some kind of football expert?

No one with half a brain takes him seriously. He played football 60 years ago. Wing-T offense. He knows nothing about modern football. He feeds his obvious insecurity by trying to be a big fish in a little pond by donating money to buy access to coaches who don't want him around.

mthoopsfan said:
hubcap said:

I said he was better than Brown. Turns out I was right, wasn’t I. I never said he’s our savior. Like you do with Hauck. How is that coming along PR? RTD. Can you feel the dominance? Are we there yet?

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

I said he was better than Brown. Turns out I was right, wasn’t I. I never said he’s our savior. Like you do with Hauck. How is that coming along PR? RTD. Can you feel the dominance? Are we there yet?

He has slammed Britt all season. He must know that Hauck is not high on Britt, otherwise he would claiming that Britt will be the best QB in the Big Sky next year, cause Bobby said so. So transparent.

RoseyMustGo said:
AZGrizFan said:

…..and so many more….

No one with half a brain takes him seriously. He played football 60 years ago. Wing-T offense. He knows nothing about modern football. He feeds his obvious insecurity by trying to be a big fish in a little pond by donating money to buy access to coaches who don't want him around.

I didn't say all of those things, but am right on all of the things I said. You don't judge a team, coach or program by one year. You look at the big picture.

You are a cancer on egriz.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

…..and so many more….

Coming from the poster who still thinks Stitt should be the coach. Of course, I didn't say many of those things either.

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

You said the Griz would win with Britt. You were wrong. Griz are on the verge of RTD. One healthy qb away.

You were indicated Britt was going to hit the portal. Is he?

RoseyMustGo said:
hubcap said:

He has slammed Britt all season. He must know that Hauck is not high on Britt, otherwise he would claiming that Britt will be the best QB in the Big Sky next year, cause Bobby said so. So transparent.

Where did I ever "slam" Britt?

mthoopsfan said:
hubcap said:

You said the Griz would win with Britt. You were wrong. Griz are on the verge of RTD. One healthy qb away.

I never said a word about Britt hitting the portal. I do know what his decision is though. Do you?

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

I never said a word about Britt hitting the portal. I do know what his decision is though. Do you?

Nope, don't know Britt. I can't imagine he would go to the Portal now.

bigkid said:
It’s is so frustrating to see any one support Rosenbaum. He is the absolute shits and yet people support him.
Amazing.

Not "people". A person.

Back