• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

VIEWING IN THE HELENA AREA

grizzbud

Help please! I am going to be in the Helena area Saturday and know in the past that the games on CW are not shown in Helena. Can anyone offer suggestions for viewing in Helena short of the Big Sky TV stream?

I thought they got that cleared up and would be broadcasting the game on CW. In any event would suggest Bert and Ernie's downtown on Last Chance Gulch if you want to watch the game at a sports bar. If they are not broadcasting it locally I'll probably be down there with ya.

Last year I believe Bresnan Cable picked up the game on one of their channels, I don't believe you can tune into the CW channel in Helena and watch it. Not sure if the cable company will be doing that again, probably worth calling first.

Hard to believe that at least one sports bar in Helena doesn't have HD FTA satellite. It would be the best $250 spent given you could advertise that you will show all Griz games even if the Bresnan wasn't going to carry them. You could make that money back in one afternoon.

make friends with the installer so you can get gf local channels we didn't get them last year in l & c county

That's odd, last year I was able to watch every televised Griz game in Helena, and I had Bresnan cable. They just changed the channel a couple of times, between 17, 18 and 23... I still don't see the game listed, but it wasn't last year either you just had to find it when it came on.

I called Bert and Ernie's and talked with a guy. He said he thinks they'll get the game, but he didn't sound too sure about it. The CW's website doesn't show Helena on it's locations to view. Can anyone verify if Channel 10 is the CW in Helena???

grizzbud said:
I called Bert and Ernie's and talked with a guy. He said he thinks they'll get the game, but he didn't sound too sure about it. The CW's website doesn't show Helena on it's locations to view. Can anyone verify if Channel 10 is the CW in Helena???
According to this site:

http://www.cwmontana.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No CW in Helena.

grizinidaho said:
non conference werent on and we had dish

I had DISH the last 5 years, and got every game. Simply asked for the Msla locals, and got them, including the CW...

Getting DirecTV installed on Monday -(free Sunday Ticket!!!), and was assured repeatedly that I'd have all Msla locals, along w CW (in Clinton).

CFallsGriz said:
grizinidaho said:
non conference werent on and we had dish

I had DISH the last 5 years, and got every game. Simply asked for the Msla locals, and got them, including the CW...

Getting DirecTV installed on Monday -(free Sunday Ticket!!!), and was assured repeatedly that I'd have all Msla locals, along w CW (in Clinton).
I don't know the current situation in Montana but I know years back they wouldn't let me have the local channels for a different area.

Harm said:
That's odd, last year I was able to watch every televised Griz game in Helena, and I had Bresnan cable. They just changed the channel a couple of times, between 17, 18 and 23... I still don't see the game listed, but it wasn't last year either you just had to find it when it came on.
Last year Bresnan cable made special arrangements to broadcast the game, since the CW station owner in Helena is not the same one that is broadcasting the game. I would assume they would do so again this year, but with new owners it is probably best to check with them.

Grisly Fan said:
grizzbud said:
According to this site:

http://www.cwmontana.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No CW in Helena.

We had optimum installed two weeks ago. There channel line up shows channel 10 KMTF (29) Helena (CW)
i do not see the game listed either, freakin sucks.

Someone mentoined the Quarry showing games. Not sure if treu or not.

Back