• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What Channel in Great Falls?

BirdGrizman

What channel is the game on tomorrow in Great Falls, I have Dish Network with the local channels and I dont see it on the guide...I have to DVR it and have to set the DVR today cause I will not be around tomorrow, help my Griz friends!!

The game is on CW. I have Dish and can't get CW in Billings. We go thru the CW mess every year for a couple of games. I couldn't even get the Tennessee game on the radio....hope they carry the Cal-Poly game on the radio.

BirdGrizman said:
What channel is the game on tomorrow in Great Falls, I have Dish Network with the local channels and I dont see it on the guide...I have to DVR it and have to set the DVR today cause I will not be around tomorrow, help my Griz friends!!

They were advertising it on the CW channel 12 in Great Falls.

That's cable channel 12...not sure what CW is on Dish Network.

According to the "CW Montana" site:

Billings: KTVQ-DT on digital converter box channel 2.2, Bresnan channel 11, Cable Montana channel 29

No CW on Dish or DirectTV

Here is the info from CW Montana:

http://cwmontana.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its only available on dish in Kalispell and Msla, and on Direct in Bozeman, Butte, Kalispell and Msla. People with cable will fare much better. Those of us out of state are always stuck with Bigskytv....thank God we are moving back to Montana in about a month.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Here is the info from CW Montana:

http://cwmontana.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its only available on dish in Kalispell and Msla, and on Direct in Bozeman, Butte, Kalispell and Msla. People with cable will fare much better. Those of us out of state are always stuck with Bigskytv....thank God we are moving back to Montana in about a month.

I know we get the games on directv in Helena...at least we did last season.

Out of luck in the Great Funk . Have to go to the sting have wings and drink a cold smoke instead.

grizatwork said:
Out of luck in the Great Funk . Have to go to the sting have wings and drink a cold smoke instead.

Not sure what you mean, it is on channel 2. In GF, unless you don't have optimum cable that is....

bisongriz said:
grizatwork said:

Not sure what you mean, it is on channel 2. In GF, unless you don't have optimum cable that is....

Exactly. I am a Dish customer. I haven't had cable in years. Have to go to a sports bar that has the game when it is on CW.

grizatwork said:
bisongriz said:
grizatwork said:

Exactly. I am a Dish customer. I haven't had cable in years. Have to go to a sports bar that has the game when it is on CW.

Guys, here's what you do with DISH. Buy a converter - they were free with a rebate during the digital changeover. Buy a switch to put on the cable line for a few cents - I found one at a garage sale for a qurarter. When the game comes on, flip the switch, which changes you from the Dish satellite to the converter over regular antenna and watch it on the local channel. When the game is over, flip the switch back to the satellite control. It sure beats agonizing over the CW games every year. Good luck.

Is the difficulty of finding our games on TV or the radio a reflection of our slipping program? Why is it so much easier to find a Bobcat game? Just sayin....

Spanky said:
Is the difficulty of finding our games on TV or the radio a reflection of our slipping program? Why is it so much easier to find a Bobcat game? Just sayin....

Slipping???????

Stay tuned.

Spanky said:
TV coverage is slipping as a result of the KPAX contract, which has been well documented with multiple fingers pointing the blame - UM blames big Sky Conference, BSC blames UM, etc. In the end the answer is "be thankful for anything" as powers that be turn a deaf ear and count money. Meanwhile MSU has moved on to full HD broadcast for every game, with far more on National TV, while UM get 30 - 70% of a bigger pie for a worse broadcast. But Hermes gets a free ride and seat at each game.

Radio has been bad for a very long time, so bad broadcasts are now a common theme across multiple mediums. Stations across the state that are part of the Griz radio network don't make with switch when they are supposed to, and there is no Q.C. on the broadcast from UM to make sure their "partners" do what they are supposed to. Search for radio problems on egriz, they go back several years. In the end it comes down to priorities at UM. What is important, quality, or easy and old roommates? Guess which wins, and has for a long time? It would be nice if UM could have someone in each market monitoring the station, and making sure the station is doing what it is supposed to. It wouldn't even cost any money, just attention to detail. But that would cut in on the fun time.

BTW, how about that full page add MSU took out in the Missoulian sports page today? Sharks smell blood in the water.I think the athletic programs (coaches, players) at UM are fine, but the administration (especially A.D.) is ill. Time to focus on the customer.

Grizbeer said:
BTW, how about that full page add MSU took out in the Missoulian sports page today?

This is the first I heard about it. Post it on here.

Hammer said:
Grizbeer said:
BTW, how about that full page add MSU took out in the Missoulian sports page today?

This is the first I heard about it. Post it on here.

msusportsinfo said:
That was a purchase made by the Marketing Director from Athletics. The Missoulian will be running a full page feature like that every friday before a Bobcat home football game.

9978705398c7b1e324708466a3991b8a.jpg

What channel will the Griz game be on in Great Fall? specificly on Dish... it hasn't shown up yet, got the Cat game taping so when they go all Chadron State I'll be able to see it over and over again...

grizinidaho said:
What channel will the Griz game be on in Great Fall? specificly on Dish... it hasn't shown up yet, got the Cat game taping so when they go all Chadron State I'll be able to see it over and over again...

:bad: :bad: :bad:

Back