• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU Satellite Coordinates

ronbo

Here we go again. They are listing the same coordinates as last week before they changed them.

This is a copy and paste from GoGriz.com so watch the site throughout the week to make SURE they don't change the satellite again.

TV Coordinates: Galaxy 16, Slot B18, downlink frequency 12029.000H, symbol rate 13.000, FEC 7/8, data rate 20.96 MBPS.

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091311aab.html

I posted the same thing on the other thread. Can anyone confirm whether it's Galaxy 16 at 99 degrees W or AMC 16 at 85 degrees W? Since I didn't find the game last week, I was really hoping they'd change the coordinates to a more prominent satellite with live station. What the hell was wrong with Galaxy 28?

ronbo said:
Here we go again. They are listing the same coordinates as last week before they changed them.

This is a copy and paste from GoGriz.com so watch the site throughout the week to make SURE they don't change the satellite again.

TV Coordinates: Galaxy 16, Slot B18, downlink frequency 12029.000H, symbol rate 13.000, FEC 7/8, data rate 20.96 MBPS.

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091311aab.html

it is highly likely that whoever put this week's press release together just copied and pasted the (incorrect) satellite info from last week's press release. My bet's on the same satellite that the Cal Poly game was on, AMC 16. I finally found AMC 16 on Sunday (after some tweaking--my errors--trying too hard to come up with the right combo at game time, because I hadn't preset AMC 16). You can dial it in by blind scanning AMC 16, or by doing a manual scan on the transponder that has the Echostar test card, at Freq 12034, SR 3979, Pol H. This will at least give you some confidence that you're on the right satellite (we hope ;) ).

If the satellite were different, the frequency at least would also be different.

Either way, I now have both AMC 16 and Galaxy 16 locked and loaded. Any bets on a third, mystery location?

Back