• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sac State--Sat. coordinates and game info

LostGriz

TV Coordinates: AMC16 Transponder 23 slot B18 Downlink Freq: 12169.000V Symbol rate: 13.000 FEC: 7/8 Data Rate: 20.96 MBPS.

More: http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092011aac.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's hope there are no issues this week, there were about 20 Griz fans at Claudia's here in Portland last Saturday and there was no luck getting the game on their satellite.

GrizPDX said:
Let's hope there are no issues this week, there were about 20 Griz fans at Claudia's here in Portland last Saturday and there was no luck getting the game on their satellite.

Make sure Claudia's has an HD KU receiver. The older standard definition receivers won't work to bring in the new signal.

At first I was getting the game with digital breakup.

Got the game in perfect HD after a slight adjustment to the L&B and just tweaked the dish a hair to the East. I'll be at the game in Sacto this week.

CrunchGriz said:
GrizPDX said:

Make sure Claudia's has an HD KU receiver. The older standard definition receivers won't work to bring in the new signal.

Fortuitously I upgraded to an HD KU receiver this year hoping the griz games would eventually be in HD. (Thanks again Grisly for the advice on hardware. :clap: ) Once the confusion of the satellite coordinates was straightened out (AMC16 vs Galaxy 16) I had a beautiful picture this past weekend (thanks KPAX :thumb: ). My only problem was a little picture breakup during a somewhat violent wind storm that rolled through just before half-time....unfortunately my biggest challenge in good ol Wyoming.

Also for those interested, recording the games in HD via an external hard drive runs around 25-26 Gigs per game. That’s kind of a projection because I screwed up and only recorded the second half of the EWash game. But the second half took up ~12 Gigs.

ronbo said:
At first I was getting the game with digital breakup.

Got the game in perfect HD after a slight adjustment to the L&B and just tweaked the dish a hair to the East. I'll be at the game in Sacto this week.

LNB - Low Noise Block Amplifier

GrizPDX said:
I talked with a couple of different fine eatin' and drinkin' establishments last week and walked them through getting the right satellite tuned in prior to the game and I am working with others at the moment to solve their satellite woes. If someone from Claudia's wants my help then someone should PM me and I will give them my contact information. I will help anyone willing to invest the time (and often money) to get Griz games.

One other thing, if the first time you contact me is 1 hour before game time it is likely I will not be able to help you unless it happens to be really, really simple.

Back