• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Torrey Pines in Vegas

TheBud

I will be in Vegas from tonight through Monday. Will anybody be at Torrey Pines this Saturday or will everybody be on the buses to Flagstaff? Will Torrey Pines still be showing the Griz game? Have the satelite issues been resolved or should I bring my laptop just in case?

:thumb:

The Bud, I will be there next weekend and had no idea they were having issues. Please update when you get back so I don't waist my time going to Tory Pines if their Sat is down!

I was there for the ID St game couple saturdays ago and there were no issues. Being my first time there i was pleasantly suprised about the turn out that Vegas shows for our Griz. I would venture to guess that the Griz/nau game would still be showing.

I lived in Vegas for a couple/few years (fairly recently), and I watched every Griz game at Torrey Pines Pub, and we never had any issues with seeing the game...unless it was out of the bars control, in other words, every bar around the country couldn't get the game for whatever reason...but that was rare indeed. Let's put it this way, if the game is possible to be seen on Satelite, it will be seen at Torrey Pines because the owner loves the Griz and is a wizard on the satelite thinbga ma bob jiggy...every Griz bar in the country calls Torrey Pines for help if they are having trouble... Tell Arnie (bartender) hi for me, he's AWESOME (funny)! Dave (bartender) is a cool guy. Jen is a cute bartender, they're all very friendly. Course I'm not saying anything that everybody doesn't already know.

Cannonball1505 said:
How many buses headed to Flagstaff from Torrey Pines?
According to their web site http://www.torreypinespub.com/gogriz.php, it looks like 2 that are sold out:
This year marks our third bus trip to the NAU game in Flagstaff. This year we sold out two full buses for the game. That is 90 griz fans going to NAU for our bi-annual road trip.

However, there is no date on when that was updated. This year?

Bud--We (Griz fans at Sluggers) spoke with Bob Bonner @ Torrey Pines last week and they haven't had any issues getting the signal for several weeks now. And---we got the satellite feed @ Sluggers in Kirkland last Saturday for the second half after lengthy discussions with Bob and a second Bob Rule who is the Swinging Doors satellite advisor in Spokane. And like Bonner told us a few weeks back, the signal is likely the best we have ever received. Crystal clear, awseome, HD reception---just like cable! For all Griz fans that need satellite to get the games, these two Bobs are THE experts in GrizNation at satellite reception in bars and they both are more than willing to assist other Griz fans. Trust me--after several weeks of frustation at Slugggers, we speak from experience!

Enjoy your Vegas gig and best of luck!

GO GRIZ,
Steve

If you want on a bus call Torrey Pines and talk to Bob sometimes people will cancel and Bob will know. Maybe you can make the game.

griz71 said:
Bud--We (Griz fans at Sluggers) spoke with Bob Bonner @ Torrey Pines last week and they haven't had any issues getting the signal for several weeks now. And---we got the satellite feed @ Sluggers in Kirkland last Saturday for the second half after lengthy discussions with Bob and a second Bob Rule who is the Swinging Doors satellite advisor in Spokane. And like Bonner told us a few weeks back, the signal is likely the best we have ever received. Crystal clear, awseome, HD reception---just like cable! For all Griz fans that need satellite to get the games, these two Bobs are THE experts in GrizNation at satellite reception in bars and they both are more than willing to assist other Griz fans. Trust me--after several weeks of frustation at Slugggers, we speak from experience!

Enjoy your Vegas gig and best of luck!

GO GRIZ,
Steve

Thanks.

Back