Page 1 of 2

Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:41 pm
by BWahlberg
That's right, I said it. And here's why:

1. The pro scouts love big-time pro-day showings (Tannehil now the #3 draft pick?!?) and DLo had a MONSTER pro day, running a sub 4.4 - 40, doing really well in all categories, and in the coverage drills showing a tremendous range of motion. Watching Donny in those coverage drills reminded me of Jimmy Wilson's last year. Donny hustled his backside off, even when he didn't have to he was going full speed (such as sprinting back to the line full speed after catching a pass, etc). Also, it wasn't just me that came away from that pro day overly impressed with him, many players there told me directly that he had a monster pro day, probably the best of any player there.

2. Stern7888 on youtube put up all the proday videos, as I pull up his channel tonight I see just two players with what I'd call a significant amount of views. Tru, and DLo. Donny made waves there and the hits/views of his pro day backs that up. Going into pro-day Donny was relatively unknown in pro-scouts eyes, coming out of it he's got more hits than guys that are presumably getting camp invites (Oppy, McSurdy, and Middleton)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkST7epd ... 62_O3gBRs=[/youtube]

3. Donny's showing at the Big Sky track meets back up his speed, he's got more to go off than just his pro-day results.


4. Donny has extensive special teams experience, he's a hard hitter, and a guy that rarely loses outside containment on return-men. His long highlight reel shows what he can bring to a team from a special teams role. I don't think he's starting corner material for the NFL, slot/nickel though or possibly a "project" to covert to safety? Maybe. He can come in an contribute right away on special teams and with a few years of adaptation he could develop into a 3rd/4th corner for a team. It's a long shot, but for just about any DB that isn't as physically gifted as Tru coming out of the FCS - the odds are about the same.



To conclude, I see Donny right now as a free agent signing to an NFL team, his track and pro-day results might have been enough to earn him that. From there, it's all on his shoulders. He'll have to have a monster rookie camp and that might only get him to a scout team (like Colt Anderson had happen). Doing a search for him with his pro-day results he's listed as on the bubble between a free agent signing and a preferred free agent signing.

Call it a gut feeling, but I think DLo's football days aren't over.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:11 am
by HighLineGRIZ
Going to be tough for a FCS backup to make the league. Scouts like players with his athletic ability, but they also want to see a history of production and dominance, espesially at the FCS level. He is going to have that label of "workout warrior". I like DLo, but I would be shocked if he made a camp. He might get brought in for a tryout, but he would have to light the world on fire to get an opportunity to make a preseason roster. Hope you're right though. Best of luck to him.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:14 am
by mtgrizrule
I hope you are right Brint, but he is a longshot, despite a great work out. I do see his speed working well for the Arena League, or Canadian Football League. He has a very legitimate shot, at either of those leagues.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 am
by moose/squirrel
I wish Donny nothing but the best. I always root for the underdog and sometimes the unusual happens. Kick ass Donny...

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:03 pm
by mtfball
There is no possible way Donny Lisowski makes an NFL roster, I don't think he even makes it to a camp. He will be lucky to get an arena or CFL look at best. 5'10 athletes are a dime a dozen when it comes to trying to make a spot on a professional football team. He coulda ran a 4.25 40 and still wouldn't make an NFL roster. Do u think the NFL scouts are not watching film? He was a defensive backup his entire career, and an above average special teamer in the Big Sky Conference. I'd love to see any former Grizzly get a chance, but I think it's delusional to consider Donny Lisowski making it in the NFL. I hope i'm wrong.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 pm
by Growler1
mtfball wrote:There is no possible way Donny Lisowski makes an NFL roster, I don't think he even makes it to a camp. He will be lucky to get an arena or CFL look at best. 5'10 athletes are a dime a dozen when it comes to trying to make a spot on a professional football team. He coulda ran a 4.25 40 and still wouldn't make an NFL roster. Do u think the NFL scouts are not watching film? He was a defensive backup his entire career, and an above average special teamer in the Big Sky Conference. I'd love to see any former Grizzly get a chance, but I think it's delusional to consider Donny Lisowski making it in the NFL. I hope i'm wrong.
Never doubt our resident all-knowing see-er.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:10 pm
by AZGrizFan
mtfball wrote:There is no possible way Donny Lisowski makes an NFL roster, I don't think he even makes it to a camp. He will be lucky to get an arena or CFL look at best. 5'10 athletes are a dime a dozen when it comes to trying to make a spot on a professional football team. He coulda ran a 4.25 40 and still wouldn't make an NFL roster. Do u think the NFL scouts are not watching film? He was a defensive backup his entire career, and an above average special teamer in the Big Sky Conference. I'd love to see any former Grizzly get a chance, but I think it's delusional to consider Donny Lisowski making it in the NFL. I hope i'm wrong.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:21 pm
by BWahlberg
Probably a much longer shot than any other Griz player but I have a gut feeling on this, Donny gets a shot - I don't know if he makes a roster, but I think he's got a VERY narrow chance.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:49 pm
by PeteMitchell
I suspect Donny already knows he is a long shot. But God bless him for pursueing his dream. Here's hoping more EGriz board members will simply support him and wish him luck rather than telling him (or any person on this earth for that matter) what is "absolutely NOT possible". Besides, I thought I heard he had already been invited to an individual team workout which means some scout did see something that piqued their interest.

And just to be factually correct, Donny was a starter at CB during the Griz playoff games.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:55 pm
by WaGriz4life
Have you ever watched Ryan Tannehil play? Him going in the top 5 is not a joke. And his pro day is not the reason why he is going to go so high. His mobility, accuracy on the run, decision making, and arm strength on film is the reason he will be a top 5 or top 10 pick.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:59 pm
by cclarkblues
I hope he gets the chance.

I was a pro prospect too, but I'm still waiting for the NBA to call. :(

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:06 pm
by mtgrizrule
PeteMitchell wrote:I suspect Donny already knows he is a long shot. But God bless him for pursueing his dream. Here's hoping more EGriz board members will simply support him and wish him luck rather than telling him (or any person on this earth for that matter) what is "absolutely NOT possible". Besides, I thought I heard he had already been invited to an individual team workout which means some scout did see something that piqued their interest.

And just to be factually correct, Donny was a starter at CB during the Griz playoff games.
Well said, and I hope some keep in mind. :thumb: :clap:

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:10 pm
by BearEssentials
Awfully tough to make The League with only several starts, but I think his number of starts are more a reflection of the recently dismissed HC's and recently departed DC's underutilization of his abilities. When he played, he made plays. After pro day, word was some scouts were astonished the coaching staff hadn't identified Lisowski as a prospect. I think he'll be lucky to get an NFL opportunity, but hope he does. The more UM players getting shots, whether they stick or not, the better our program looks to future recruits and scouts.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:14 pm
by mtgrizrule
BearEssentials wrote:Awfully tough to make The League with only several starts, but I think his number of starts are more a reflection of the recently dismissed HC's and recently departed DC's underutilization of his abilities. When he played, he made plays. After pro day, word was some scouts were astonished the coaching staff hadn't identified Lisowski as a prospect. I think he'll be lucky to get an NFL opportunity, but hope he does. The more UM players getting shots, whether they stick or not, the better our program looks to future recruits and scouts.
Hard to argue him being ahead of 2 nfl DB's, in Wilson, and soon to be Tru, at least for 1 year. As for his Sr year, Roots made plays, and was damn good by the end of the season. I do think Lisowski was a little overlooked though.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 pm
by Scott Disick
Brint,

How many SEC benchwarmers that won't get drafted have better measurables that your boy "DLo"?

stop trying so hard,
Scott

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:47 am
by Growler1
Scott Disick wrote:Brint,

How many SEC benchwarmers that won't get drafted have better measurables that your boy "DLo"?

stop trying so hard,
Scott

He's the ultimate sugar-coater, haven't you heard? Every Griz player, down to the team manager, is an all-conference player in waiting.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm
by BWahlberg
Growler1 wrote:
Scott Disick wrote:Brint,

How many SEC benchwarmers that won't get drafted have better measurables that your boy "DLo"?

stop trying so hard,
Scott

He's the ultimate sugar-coater, haven't you heard? Every Griz player, down to the team manager, is an all-conference player in waiting.
Image

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:00 pm
by DuCharme
Growler1 wrote:He's the ultimate sugar-coater, haven't you heard? Every Griz player, down to the team manager, is an all-conference player in waiting.

Selective reading. I've excerpted parts of a BW practice report in a different thread to show the above statement is pure bullshit.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:56 pm
by Growler1
DuCharme wrote:
Growler1 wrote:He's the ultimate sugar-coater, haven't you heard? Every Griz player, down to the team manager, is an all-conference player in waiting.

Selective reading. I've excerpted parts of a BW practice report in a different thread to show the abovement statement is pure bullshit.
Yeah, you're the lead lemming, for sure.

Re: Donny Lisowski, pro prospect

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
by infiltrator
Canadian league