Weber State's New Logo

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
chris
Admin

Weber State's New Logo

Post by chris » Fri May 18, 2012 1:42 pm

http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArt ... =205428860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Weber State University Athletic Department introduced a new look Friday, creating a fresher, more marketable logo as part of a re-branding effort for Wildcat Athletics.

Weber State Athletics brought together a committee from various areas of the WSU campus and community to come up with a new look, which will benefit all 16 NCAA athletic programs and will create unity across the department and university.

“We are excited about this new logo and new look for Wildcat Athletics,” said WSU Director of Athletics Jerry Bovee. “This new approach gives us greater flexibility in branding Weber State Athletics in a variety of different platforms. This is a fresher, more marketable look that will assist us to create consistency in marketing Wildcat Athletics.”

The re-branding campaign includes a primary mark with secondary marks and new word marks. The primary logo features the Wildcat head with a new look color scheme, featuring a darker purple as well as gray and white. Other secondary marks include the Cathead with paws and the paw alone. Other custom word marks add to the flexibility of usage.

New standards for proper usage of the logo have also been implemented with the help of WSU University Communications and WSU Campus Stores.

The shield has been dropped from the primary mark offering others options both digitally and in creating new apparel.

“The idea was to keep the same basic Wildcat while updating the look in an effort to give options with color and different backgrounds,” Bovee said. “This will allow for the use of different color schemes in connection with the new logo.”

The athletic department plans to begin using the new logo immediately in digital form and on uniforms that were planned to be replaced this season and will transition to the new look over time as facility upgrades occur. Fans will begin to see the new look on apparel soon at the Weber State Campus Stores and retail outlets carrying WSU apparel.

“Weber State Campus Stores is proud to partner with Weber State Athletics in this new re-branding effort,” said Brad Beazer, Assistant Director of Retail Operations for Campus Stores. “This is an exciting new logo and branding effort and we’re happy to be a part of it and look forward to supplying new Wildcat Athletics merchandise.”
Thoughts?

grizpsych

Re: Weber State's New Logo

Post by grizpsych » Fri May 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Why do I hear the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz in my head? Meeeeoooowwwww
What I see when I see the EGRIZ practically perfect poster.

griz4life
eGriz Club

Post by griz4life » Fri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

The paw isn't much, but the cat is OK. There's only so much you can do with a purple cat without making it look like a Hanna Barberra character.
"I kept waiting for a smirk, but instead he recalled how many countless hours he spent making sure I stayed out of trouble and how tough it was to keep me on the path to success.
"We would do anything for him.He was our leader and we would go anywhere he took us--It just so happened to be Huntington, West Virginia, and our school's first national championship," Dave Dickenson.

BWahlberg
eGriz Club

Post by BWahlberg » Fri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

That might just be the cutest mascot/logo I've ever seen
Griz practice and news updates http://twitter.com/Bwahlberg

Brint Wahlberg - Realtor, Windermere Real Estate

The official REALTOR(R) of Grizzly Athletics

chris
Admin

Post by chris » Fri May 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Here is a full tear sheet of all the new versions of the logo

https://www.nmnathletics.com/pdf8/84569 ... EM_ID=8600

jagur1
eGriz Club

Post by jagur1 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:26 pm

8 year old Girls all over this country will now be Wildcat fans.
"Egriz has become a liability for decent UM fans."

"Never mistake activity for accomplishment."

mtgrizrule

Post by mtgrizrule » Fri May 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Sorry, but the new logos stink.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

JBS

Post by JBS » Fri May 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Looks like Pedo Bear

HighLineGRIZ

Post by HighLineGRIZ » Fri May 18, 2012 11:25 pm

When your mascot is a cat and your color is purple, it's going to be pretty tough have an intimidating logo. You can do a lot more with marroon and a grizzly bear... :)

ALPHAGRIZ1
Banned

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:51 am

JBS wrote:Looks like Pedo Bear
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3pcs37/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yellowstone60

Post by yellowstone60 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:12 am

not much ya can do with a cat, a cat is a cat is a cat........meow..... :sleep:
To those who have served; Thank you !

Gaeilge1

Post by Gaeilge1 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:08 am

I really don't see much of a change in the first one. The second one is a change but I'm not sure its for the better.

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I think the cat in the middle has a trademark infringement case....
Booze is the duct tape of life.

poiuyter

Post by poiuyter » Sat May 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Now that is a kitten or pussycat. It looks so cuddly and not something that should be feared.
“I went to the worst of bars hoping to get killed but all I could do was to get drunk again.”

BWahlberg
eGriz Club

Post by BWahlberg » Sat May 19, 2012 7:02 pm

It could always be worse - you could have Central Washington's new logo:

Griz practice and news updates http://twitter.com/Bwahlberg

Brint Wahlberg - Realtor, Windermere Real Estate

The official REALTOR(R) of Grizzly Athletics