• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No Way JJ Can Be Convicted

PlayerRep

After looking at the motion to dismiss, there would seem to be no way JJ could be convicted (beyond a reasonable doubt), in my view. The significant additional facts are very helpful to JJ and put the statements in the charging affidavit in context. The motion makes a strong argument for dismissal of the case. The motion is very well done and persuasive.

As others have said, the motion is a must read, especially the factual portion. It details what occurred, starting in 2011 or earlier. As others have said, the defense has used the affidavit, but supplemented it with additional facts and information. Very cleverly done by the defense.

I can see why some, including of course his attorney, have said that JJ was unfairly and wrongly charged. I am starting to wonder if the poster who once said JJ was eventually going to own the university and the city/county may be have been onto something.

While I feel sorry for the parties, it will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Lets say for a second that this gets thrown out tomorrow. Does he get reinstated immediately? It may have been elsewhere on here but I just can't read through pages of bs to find something that may or may not be there.

If JJ is convicted beyond reasonable doubt... there is something really wrong with our justice system.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

GrizMusician said:
If JJ is convicted beyond reasonable doubt... there is something really wrong with our justice system.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FYI: Having just spent the better part of 3 months in Federal Court as a representative of the victim (financial institution) in a $30 million internal fraud case, I can ASSURE you, there IS something terribly wrong with our justice system.

PlayerRep said:
After looking at the motion to dismiss, there would seem to be no way JJ could be convicted (beyond a reasonable doubt), in my view. The significant additional facts are very helpful to JJ and put the statements in the charging affidavit in context. The motion makes a strong argument for dismissal of the case. The motion is very well done and persuasive.

As others have said, the motion is a must read, especially the factual portion. It details what occurred, starting in 2011 or earlier. As others have said, the defense has used the affidavit, but supplemented it with additional facts and information. Very cleverly done by the defense.

I can see why some, including of course his attorney, have said that JJ was unfairly and wrongly charged. I am starting to wonder if the poster who once said JJ was eventually going to own the university and the city/county may be have been onto something.

While I feel sorry for the parties, it will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Please kindly explain what in the affidavit or the motion constitute "facts". I am sure that you are able to comprehend in your legal acumen that the facts are those that the jury decide are, in fact, facts. The judge will not dismiss the case so the jury can decide the facts. If Ms. Pabst is not selectively editing the text messages, it would seem likely that a jury could decide that reasonable doubt exists. We remain where we always have been: only two people know what happened.

dupuyer griz said:
Lets say for a second that this gets thrown out tomorrow. Does he get reinstated immediately? It may have been elsewhere on here but I just can't read through pages of bs to find something that may or may not be there.

So will it be called Jordan Johnson Stadium?
(just bull-florio'n)

I tend to agree that I would be surprised if JJ was convicted. In order for a jury to convict they're going to have to believe someone's story. When that person's story contains as many twists and turns as this one, they're going to be reluctant to throw someone in prison.

PR, you can not base everything on the motion to dismiss. It does bring many questions to light that must be addressed by the plaintiff, and makes one wonder how credible the accuser might be though. I think it would be difficult to convict JJ based on what is currently known. We will see what the next shoe to drop will be.

englishgriz said:
Where can one read the aforementioned motion?

http://missoulian.com/motion-to-dismiss-rape-charge-against-jordan-johnson/pdf_cf57f39a-e18a-11e1-b7cd-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today I had a chance to read the motion. While I am not a law major and tried to read it with an unbiased attitude, I too found the story lacking hard, credible evidence. The information I read makes one believe JJ is not the greatest person when it comes to treating a woman right, but makes it appear he didn't do anything illegal. Just like people shouldnt rush to say he's guilty, I do not want to say 100% innocent as well. I hope it turns out he isnt guilty, not for the sake of him playing football again, but that a young mans live isn't ruined forever.

Can anyone put some of that thing up here or put it up in a different format, I can't get my computer to open the darn thing.

GRIZFAN20 said:
Today I had a chance to read the motion. While I am not a law major and tried to read it with an unbiased attitude, I too found the story lacking hard, credible evidence. The information I read makes one believe JJ is not the greatest person when it comes to treating a woman right, but makes it appear he didn't do anything illegal. Just like people shouldnt rush to say he's guilty, I do not want to say 100% innocent as well. I hope it turns out he isnt guilty, not for the sake of him playing football again, but that a young mans live isn't ruined forever.

Completely agree.

dupuyer griz said:
Can anyone put some of that thing up here or put it up in a different format, I can't get my computer to open the darn thing.
Open a google docs account:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/missoulian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/f5/cf57f39a-e18a-11e1-b7cd-001a4bcf887a/5022b6c6459cf.pdf.pdf&chrome=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grizindabox said:
PR, you can not base everything on the motion to dismiss. It does bring many questions to light that must be addressed by the plaintiff, and makes one wonder how credible the accuser might be though. I think it would be difficult to convict JJ based on what is currently known. We will see what the next shoe to drop will be.

I agree. Pabst wrote a great motion, but now its the prosecutor's turn to file a response, and I'm pretty sure we'll see an argument that Pabst cherry-picked as well.

I'm real curious, however, as to what the 1,000 texts/e-mails from students to UM will add to this. We may still see a bunch more surprises.

tnt said:
dupuyer griz said:
Open a google docs account:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/missoulian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/f5/cf57f39a-e18a-11e1-b7cd-001a4bcf887a/5022b6c6459cf.pdf.pdf&chrome=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you

+1...I will shave AG1's head if there is a conviction of any kind. :shock:
As a last note, Mr. Bienmann's (sp) testimony is enough for reasonable doubt...

Back