Hale

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Hale

Post by EverettGriz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:57 am

I saw from Coach Ron Chote that the Hale kid is finally in shape enough to play some this week. I wonder how many up-downs that took.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

grizatwork
eGriz Club

Re: Hale

Post by grizatwork » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:05 am

By my estimation, about 3 months worth?

SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

Post by SoldierGriz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:05 am

They have hit. rock. bottom.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

Pin2Win

Post by Pin2Win » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:07 am

Disrespecting a kid that was injured. Awesome work guys.

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:08 am

He's injured?? Who knew?

I just knew he dogged his up-downs as badly as I've ever seen anybody dog anything.

Pin2Win

Post by Pin2Win » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:10 am

EverettGriz wrote:He's injured?? Who knew?

I just knew he dogged his up-downs as badly as I've ever seen anybody dog anything.
While injured. Do you know what kind of pain was coursing through his body at that point?

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Post by HookedonGriz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:16 am

Pin2Win wrote:

While injured. Do you know what kind of pain was coursing through his body at that point?
So he came into Fall Camp injured? And the coaches made him go through grueling drills anyways? Which probably made it worse? Well that seems retarded.

Pin2Win

Post by Pin2Win » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:21 am

HookedonGriz wrote:
Pin2Win wrote:

So he came into Fall Camp injured? And the coaches made him go through grueling drills anyways? Which probably made it worse? Well that seems retarded.
Oh Geezus. Whatever negative anti-cat spin you can put on it. I'm not going to rehash all this crap again...I don't know all the fine details, I don't care to know the details. I know he was injured....it happened in that time frame. I am just not a fan of people ripping on a college kid they know nothing about. I don't care what team.

SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

Post by SoldierGriz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 am

Pin2Win wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:
Pin2Win wrote:

Oh Geezus. Whatever negative anti-cat spin you can put on it. I'm not going to rehash all this crap again...I don't know all the fine details, I don't care to know the details. I know he was injured....it happened in that time frame. I am just not a fan of people ripping on a college kid they know nothing about. I don't care what team.
Just dialed 911 for you P2W. Hope the guy holding a gun to your head forcing you to visit eGriz doesn't harm you, or force you to do grass drills. Hang in there.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

VimSince03

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 am

I'll defend Hale when he starts defending passes.

Pin2Win

Post by Pin2Win » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 am

SoldierGriz wrote:
Pin2Win wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:
Pin2Win wrote: While injured. Do you know what kind of pain was coursing through his body at that point?
Just dialed 911 for you P2W. Hope the guy holding a gun to your head forcing you to visit eGriz doesn't harm you, or force you to do grass drills. Hang in there.
That's a cute retort for standing up for something I believe in. Man alive, ya got me on that one. I don't think people should rip on college kids in this manner. Critiquing play is one perfectly acceptable thing. This thread isn't that.

wbtfg

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:41 am

EverettGriz wrote:I saw from Coach Ron Chote that the Hale kid is finally in shape enough to play some this week. I wonder how many up-downs that took.

It was posted on BN that he had a torn patellar tendon and was finally cleared to play by medical staff.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:41 am

I believe p2w needs to do some up-downs.

Lighten up, Francis. No one knew he was injured. And if you can't make fun of the "effort" shown on that video then you don't have a sense of humor. My Cat friends were laughing their asses off at that (as they should, 'cause it was FREAKIN' funny!).

brewskis
eGriz Club

Post by brewskis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:47 am

Pin2Win wrote:

About 3 pains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis
eGriz Club

Post by brewskis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:47 am

Pin2Win wrote:

Or a summers worth of cheeseburgers while sitting on the couch?

Pin2Win

Post by Pin2Win » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:56 am

EverettGriz wrote:I believe p2w needs to do some up-downs.

Lighten up, Francis. No one knew he was injured. And if you can't make fun of the "effort" shown on that video then you don't have a sense of humor. My Cat friends were laughing their asses off at that (as they should, 'cause it was FREAKIN' funny!).
I've done my share. As my screen name indicates, I wrestled, all the way through college. So kids that don't work hard drive me nuts. But holy heck...a video of me doing that or over a minute now would make Hale look like he was winning the Crossfit games, so I have no room to talk anymore.

But something about this rubbed me wrong. Seemed like an attempt to do nothing but smear a kid. If you didn't know he was injured, then so be it and no worries. I can laugh...and I did at the video just like everyone else when it surfaced, before I heard it was injury keeping him out for almost 3 months.

brewskis
eGriz Club

Post by brewskis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:59 am

Either he was just in shitty shape or Choate and his training staff decided they wanted to aggravate Hale's injury.

Grisly Fan

Post by Grisly Fan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:05 pm

What I take from this thread is that when your team is 0-5 you have to find some battle, somewhere, that you can win. If the Cats were undefeated I'd bet a large sum of money that they might even find the video amusing. At the very least, commenting on it wouldn't be viewed as some kind of egregious social injustice.

OmegaGRIZ

Re: RE: Re: Hale

Post by OmegaGRIZ » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:02 pm

Pin2Win wrote:

No and I don't care.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I am handing out asskickings and lollypops and I am all out of lollypops.

Ringneck

Post by Ringneck » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:I'll defend Hale when he starts defending passes.
Oh my. :o
"Fathers are alright and I'm not knocking them - since I'm one myself - but from a kid's point of view they spend entirely too much time at a thing called 'the office' or some other equally boring place of work." ~ Patrick F. McManus