Page 1 of 3

Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm
by bigsky33
Articles like this makes re-building the football program more of a challenge. It also casts a bad shadow on the University. This goes to far. Big donors are the lifeblood of college athletics. I would rather have money from big donors than using taxpayer money. I feel bad for you Grizzly fans that have people in the community that are so negative.

http://missoulian.com/opinion/columnist ... ign=LEEDCC

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:02 pm
by Paytonlives
When is the Kaimen going to chill out...

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm
by signedbewildered
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... 931add6eba

Already being discussed in Kaimin thread. Couple things.....

This kid isn't with the Kaimin anymore.

The Missoulian absolutely LOVES to print "guest columns" like this. They can pretty much cleans their hands of what the writer says.

If you read the article a few times with a clear head, it does touch on some points and information you may have missed at first glance. (Not as bad as it seems) but......

This was written for instant shock factor over morning coffee and generally implies it is Haucks fault the UofM took a dive, and now Donors are the reason he is back.

Again, this is a guest column, opinion.

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 pm
by argh!
i thought that was really poorly written.

having said that, don't forget that throughout the post-hauck years, many on here, including greenie and myself, thought the kaimin did a lot better job of being objective about griz football-related issues than the missoulian.

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:15 pm
by grizpack
So now we are going to have elections for the AD, President of the University, and our Coaches????

Good Christ.... How about we start having elections for professors, department chairs, deans, and editors of the student newspaper????

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:17 pm
by UMclassof2002
A "journalist" calling out the unelected?



Flush.

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:26 pm
by jcu27
Will this bullcrap ever stop? It's pretty old by now..

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 pm
by bgbigdog
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... journalism

I just noticed on Twitter that he’s reporting a death threat regarding his opinion article within an hour of it being up. Wasn’t me.

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm
by Ursus1
FYI author lives in Butte now maybe.....but he was home schooled by White Sulphur Spings. Don't let his crap writing be attributed to a real Butte person

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm
by Raider
bigsky33 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm
Articles like this makes re-building the football program more of a challenge. It also casts a bad shadow on the University. This goes to far. Big donors are the lifeblood of college athletics. I would rather have money from big donors than using taxpayer money. I feel bad for you Grizzly fans that have people in the community that are so negative.

http://missoulian.com/opinion/columnist ... ign=LEEDCC
You “feel bad” and this “goes too far”, but you just couldn’t resist posting the article here ? Please dude.

I’m sorry to disappoint, but nobody is paying attention to this type of drivel anymore and its quickly becoming white noise.

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm
by ranco
Ursus1 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm
FYI author lives in Butte now maybe.....but he was home schooled by White Sulphur Spings. Don't let his crap writing be attributed to a real Butte person
Being from Anaconda and knowing a lot of Butte rats, I always wondered about the quality of their education, but I have never met a Butte dude who was that ignorant.

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:10 pm
by bigsky33
Raider wrote:
bigsky33 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm
Articles like this makes re-building the football program more of a challenge. It also casts a bad shadow on the University. This goes to far. Big donors are the lifeblood of college athletics. I would rather have money from big donors than using taxpayer money. I feel bad for you Grizzly fans that have people in the community that are so negative.

http://missoulian.com/opinion/columnist ... ign=LEEDCC
You “feel bad” and this “goes too far”, but you just couldn’t resist posting the article here ? Please dude.

I’m sorry to disappoint, but nobody is paying attention to this type of drivel anymore and its quickly becoming white noise.
Dude get a life. I see plenty of people replying. This stuff never ends in Missoula.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:19 pm
by Ursus1
ranco wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm
FYI author lives in Butte now maybe.....but he was home schooled by White Sulphur Spings. Don't let his crap writing be attributed to a real Butte person
Being from Anaconda and knowing a lot of Butte rats, I always wondered about the quality of their education, but I have never met a Butte dude who was that ignorant.

Thanks...condidering you are from Anaconda I consider that a high compliment ... and yes my Butte High school days were not very academically based.

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:23 pm
by BadlandsGrizFan
Man...going after boosters now to keep this story burning....these guys are getting really pathetic.

Yes please stop giving the only thriving portion of our university money...

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm
by BadlandsGrizFan
bgbigdog wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... journalism

I just noticed on Twitter that he’s reporting a death threat regarding his opinion article within an hour of it being up. Wasn’t me.
Lolol...writes a story about Dickface.....claims to be real journalist.

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 pm
by garizzalies
He called WaGriz a hole in the ground. Thems fightin’ words

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 pm
by BadlandsGrizFan
OMG somebody in Montana made billions off the mining industry....WHAT A FUCKING TRAVESTY!!!

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 pm
by garizzalies
grizpack wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:15 pm
So now we are going to have elections for the AD, President of the University, and our Coaches????

Good Christ.... How about we start having elections for professors, department chairs, deans, and editors of the student newspaper????
One of the dumbest things about mt is how we elect local judges. Should not be a politicized position at all

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:55 pm
by CFallsGriz
bigsky33 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:10 pm
Raider wrote:
bigsky33 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm
Articles like this makes re-building the football program more of a challenge. It also casts a bad shadow on the University. This goes to far. Big donors are the lifeblood of college athletics. I would rather have money from big donors than using taxpayer money. I feel bad for you Grizzly fans that have people in the community that are so negative.

http://missoulian.com/opinion/columnist ... ign=LEEDCC
You “feel bad” and this “goes too far”, but you just couldn’t resist posting the article here ? Please dude.

I’m sorry to disappoint, but nobody is paying attention to this type of drivel anymore and its quickly becoming white noise.
Dude get a life. I see plenty of people replying. This stuff never ends in Missoula.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, you're right...

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:06 pm
by IntuitiveGriz
ranco wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm
FYI author lives in Butte now maybe.....but he was home schooled by White Sulphur Spings. Don't let his crap writing be attributed to a real Butte person
Being from Anaconda and knowing a lot of Butte rats, I always wondered about the quality of their education, but I have never met a Butte dude who was that ignorant.
I am meeting my Butte (born and raised) friends in a couple hours for dinner and drinks. I will have to tell the MD and MS guys and gals that a mouth-breather from Anaconda looks down on them.