• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tell me about Montana State

VandalPride97

Stepping away from bantering with the Griz, I'd like to know more about Montana State and why their fans are on our board claiming to be in the top 3% for higher education in the world. I always thought they sort of sucked in general and were second fiddle to the Griz. Discuss.

Are you just trying to start a 20 page thread here? :lol:

I’m sure it’ll be reasonable and unbiased. I’ll check in a little late to see how’s it’s going.

VandalPride97 said:
Stepping away from bantering with the Griz, I'd like to know more about Montana State and why their fans are on our board claiming to be in the top 3% for higher education in the world. I always thought they sort of sucked in general and were second fiddle to the Griz. Discuss.

Montana State is located in Bozeman Montana...It has an enrollment of about 16K students. It is known for it's Engineering, Agriculture, Architect, and Business schools. It won it's last championship in 1984, but there is no video evidence of this, so it probably didn't happen. Bozeman is a town named after a crappy trail that lead to Oregon, or Washington...the Football stadium holds about 17.5K people, but most are bandwagon fans. It has an amazing swimming pool to the south west of the stadium, and a trail that is made of tears that leads to the north east...MSU is known for there propensity for being Preseason champs in Football, but also has basketball teams that wear jerseys and everything, it is pretty neat. MSU doesn't have a QB that can throw it past the Center, but somehow (Because of Stitt and Semore) has beaten The University of Montana the last two years.

SACCAT66 said:
VandalPride97 said:

Montana State is located in Bozeman Montana...It has an enrollment of about 16K students. It is known for it's Engineering, Agriculture, Architect, and Business schools. It won it's last championship in 1984, but there is no video evidence of this, so it probably didn't happen. Bozeman is a town named after a crappy trail that lead to Oregon, or Washington...the Football stadium holds about 17.5K people, but most are bandwagon fans. It has an amazing swimming pool to the south west of the stadium, and a trail that is made of tears that leads to the north east...MSU is known for there propensity for being Preseason champs in Football, but also has basketball teams that wear jerseys and everything, it is pretty neat. MSU doesn't have a QB that can throw it past the Center, but somehow (Because of Stitt and Semore) has beaten The University of Montana the last two years.

This was a true response, but it clearly missed the mark because it did not mention the mythical 1956 NAIA title where MSU finished the game tied at 0–0.

Also, I would agree on engineering, ag and architecture but I haven't really heard anybody talk up the business school. The last independent ratings put MSU behind UM as expected.

SACCAT66 said:
VandalPride97 said:

Nailed it. :lol: :clap:
You're such a good sport.

SACCAT66 said:
VandalPride97 said:

I don’t normally do this but I gotta here, only cus it came from a cat fan. Post of the year nomination.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

VandalPride97 said:

Montana State is a great tech school. There strengths are in AG and Geological sciences/engineering. Excluding AG though, they are on par with Montana and Montana has more to offer at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Their true strength lies in promoting themselves to Montana students that don't want to leave Montana. Frankly, Montana needs to push their Journalism, English, Forestry, and Law School/programs better.

MSU is located in a California controlled territory known as, "Bozeman." Boutique everything, outrageous housing prices, glamping, social media driven outdoors recreation, and a conservative shell with a quiet, elite, monied, liberal inside. That is "Bros"man, and in many ways, MSU.

grizpsych said:
VandalPride97 said:

Montana State is a great tech school. There strengths are in AG and Geological sciences/engineering. Excluding AG though, they are on par with Montana and Montana has more to offer at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Their true strength lies in promoting themselves to Montana students that don't want to leave Montana. Frankly, Montana needs to push their Journalism, English, Forestry, and Law School/programs better.
Actually Montana needs to push their sciences programs better.

MTGRZ said:
MSU is located in a California controlled territory known as, "Bozeman." Boutique everything, outrageous housing prices, glamping, social media driven outdoors recreation, and a conservative shell with a quiet, elite, monied, liberal inside. That is "Bros"man, and in many ways, MSU.

Didn't know what Glamping was until this post. Sigh.

VimSince03 said:
MTGRZ said:

Truth hurts sometimes, man. Although to be fair, there is definitely some glamping in western Montana as well.

MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:
MTGRZ said:

Truth hurts sometimes, man. Although to be fair, there is definitely some glamping in western Montana as well.
paws up, to be more specific

go96griz said:
SACCAT66 said:
VandalPride97 said:

This was a true response, but it clearly missed the mark because it did not mention the mythical 1956 NAIA title where MSU finished the game tied at 0–0.

Also, I would agree on engineering, ag and architecture but I haven't really heard anybody talk up the business school. The last independent ratings put MSU behind UM as expected.
ah yes, and if the griz would have tied their 69 and/or 70 games and been voted national champion(they voted national champion during this time) it would have also been mythical? :lol:

hokeyfine said:
MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:
MTGRZ said:

Pretty sure Paws up is one of the biggest Glamping places in Montana...

SACCAT66 said:
hokeyfine said:
MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:

Pretty sure Paws up is one of the biggest Glamping places in Montana...

It is....that's why I said, "Although to be fair, there is definitely some glamping in western Montana as well."

grizpsych said:
VandalPride97 said:

2nd best TECH school in the state.

Back