A Choat-led 4yr losing streak?

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
Post Reply
User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 18264
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 pm
I wonder if they wii consider hiring Ty as head coach after they replace Coachoate next season?
I have to think any AD worth his paycheck would be putting out feelers at this point. Choachoate has shown what he's about: losing records. Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and go 6-5, and all is well in Bozeman; who knows? The fact remains that no good AD could sit back and watch another losing season without some sort of contingency plan to replace a losing HC.
User avatar
Ursa Major
eGriz Club
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 pm
I wonder if they wii consider hiring Ty as head coach after they replace Coachoate next season?
I have to think any AD worth his paycheck would be putting out feelers at this point. Choachoate has shown what he's about: losing records. Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and go 6-5, and all is well in Bozeman; who knows? The fact remains that no good AD could sit back and watch another losing season without some sort of contingency plan to replace a losing HC.
And if Coachoate goes 6-5 will Waded give him a three or four year extension?
Post Like A Champion!
User avatar
signedbewildered
eGriz Club
Posts: 5243
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: South of The Zoo

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 pm
I wonder if they wii consider hiring Ty as head coach after they replace Coachoate next season?
I have to think any AD worth his paycheck would be putting out feelers at this point. Choachoate has shown what he's about: losing records. Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and go 6-5, and all is well in Bozeman; who knows? The fact remains that no good AD could sit back and watch another losing season without some sort of contingency plan to replace a losing HC.
On a similar note....back in the Royce years....
User avatar
Ursa Major
eGriz Club
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Is Mr. Costello still dabbling in music albums for older adult contemporary or is he giving the AD role his full attention?
Post Like A Champion!
User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 18264
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 pm
I wonder if they wii consider hiring Ty as head coach after they replace Coachoate next season?
I have to think any AD worth his paycheck would be putting out feelers at this point. Choachoate has shown what he's about: losing records. Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and go 6-5, and all is well in Bozeman; who knows? The fact remains that no good AD could sit back and watch another losing season without some sort of contingency plan to replace a losing HC.
And if Coachoate goes 6-5 will Waded give him a three or four year extension?
I'm thinking more five to seven. He got a three after being nothing but a losing HC for two seasons; all bets are off if he pulls off a winning season. It could be a lifetime appointment.
User avatar
signedbewildered
eGriz Club
Posts: 5243
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: South of The Zoo

Retire his number.
User avatar
Jaredkuehn
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 pm
I wonder if they wii consider hiring Ty as head coach after they replace Coachoate next season?
I have to think any AD worth his paycheck would be putting out feelers at this point. Choachoate has shown what he's about: losing records. Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and go 6-5, and all is well in Bozeman; who knows? The fact remains that no good AD could sit back and watch another losing season without some sort of contingency plan to replace a losing HC.
And if Coachoate goes 6-5 will Waded give him a three or four year extension?
Didn’t they already extend his contract through ‘20 or ‘21?
User avatar
stonecrest
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:44 am

bigsky33 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:10 pm
All these predictions based on zero knowledge. They are nothing but a wish list. Last year these same mental midgets said Chris Murray was terrible. Now they say the Cat’s cannot win without him. Let the season begin!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow people making predictions on a message board- who would of ever thought such
a thing could ever happen.
Griz is the spice of life...
User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 18264
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Jaredkuehn wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 pm
I wonder if they wii consider hiring Ty as head coach after they replace Coachoate next season?
I have to think any AD worth his paycheck would be putting out feelers at this point. Choachoate has shown what he's about: losing records. Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and go 6-5, and all is well in Bozeman; who knows? The fact remains that no good AD could sit back and watch another losing season without some sort of contingency plan to replace a losing HC.
And if Coachoate goes 6-5 will Waded give him a three or four year extension?
Didn’t they already extend his contract through ‘20 or ‘21?
In the greatest boondoggle in the history of DI football, yes. There's a ketchup popsicle/woman in white gloves joke in there somewhere. Say what you will about ChoachOat, but he's a fanstastic salesman.
User avatar
twentythreeOh4
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 8:26 pm

bigsky33 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:54 am
Paytonlives wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Do you know who Mitch Mustain is?

Simply put there are NO guarantees that Anderson will even be a serviceable QB.
The kittens are putting one of their best Defensive players at QB, that says they don't have a backup that can beat him out.
As far as fall camp...Its easy to look great when you KNOW what the defense is doing and you are not getting hit. Live bullets will be an eye opener for him.

Might be that I'm wrong. But if he is even an average BSC QB I will be surprised. To put such high accolades on a guy that has never played the position at a higher level than class A in Montana is really expecting a lot.

But acting like he is the second coming of Tom Brady... that IS the kitten way.
Payton, you haven't seen one second of the Cats fall camp and you are making all these crazy assumptions. Anderson only played a very limited amount of plays at LB last year. He is not our best defensive player. I seem to remember a few freshman QBs who had never seen live NCAA bullets that did very well. To name just a couple-Travis Lulay and Denarius McGhee. Also, a 17 yo. Cat that came in as a freshman and just beat you guys two years in a row. Anderson was a QB in high school, so this position is not foreign to him. He is a really special talent. Maybe one of the best all around athletes in the Big Sky. If you saw him in camp you would see that. Yes, you will definitely be surprised. He has a good arm and throws with accuracy. Most of all he is a leader and is very smart and poised. Plus, he can run and is fast. He is being coached by a veteran QB coach in Bob Cole who coached a Heisman Trophy QB. If you want to relate him to someone think of Matt Sczur of Villanova that beat the Griz in the playoffs. Nobody is saying he is the second coming of Tom Brady. But, my bet is he will be one of the better QBs in the Big Sky.
If Anderson at QB is all that and a box of chocolates -- why didn't the Cats recruit him as a QB in the first place? Why did Choat have him playing LB and RB last year when he obviously should have been the starting QB? Why did Choat go out and recruit a Juco QB when he already had the one of the better QB's in the Big Sky on the team? How come Choat didn't get Anderson reps at QB last year and last spring, since he is such an obvious mega QB talent?
User avatar
wbtfg
Posts: 6092
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:26 am

I’ve read through both boards and it’s clear to me that Both the cats and Griz will be undefeated and be co national champions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”
SACCAT66
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Spectators Bar

God....I can't wait for football to start. In about 3 weeks some (not all) questions will be answered....Both the CATS and the griz start with very strong tests...Both at home..
Catsrgrood
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:39 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 pm
I’ve read through both boards and it’s clear to me that Both the cats and Griz will be undefeated and be co national champions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :thumb:
garizzalies
Posts: 3361
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 pm
Is Mr. Costello still dabbling in music albums for older adult contemporary or is he giving the AD role his full attention?
He’s almost all in, and his semi-devotion is how he got the job: Wades told him the Cats have been mediocre for years and he said every day I wrote the book
bigsky33
Posts: 2167
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:07 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 pm
I’ve read through both boards and it’s clear to me that Both the cats and Griz will be undefeated and be co national champions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 The best post on this thread!
User avatar
Ursa Major
eGriz Club
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

garizzalies wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 pm
Is Mr. Costello still dabbling in music albums for older adult contemporary or is he giving the AD role his full attention?
He’s almost all in, and his semi-devotion is how he got the job: Wades told him the Cats have been mediocre for years and he said every day I wrote the book
I have two questions.

Do you think Peterson will let Choachote back on the staff at UW after his dismissal from the cats this year?

I have been pining for a Wop Chop for 20 years. How could a Wop Chop taste better than I remember? It's like having sex with your prom date 20 years later and she's way hotter, a brilliant conversationalist and owns her own liquor store. WTF?
Post Like A Champion!
Grizwold
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Ursa that is funny. Lmao. I've seen my prom date from 30 plus years ago. No thanx.
User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 18264
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Ursa Major wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:20 am
garizzalies wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 pm
Is Mr. Costello still dabbling in music albums for older adult contemporary or is he giving the AD role his full attention?
He’s almost all in, and his semi-devotion is how he got the job: Wades told him the Cats have been mediocre for years and he said every day I wrote the book
I have two questions.

Do you think Peterson will let Choachote back on the staff at UW after his dismissal from the cats this year?

I have been pining for a Wop Chop for 20 years. How could a Wop Chop taste better than I remember? It's like having sex with your prom date 20 years later and she's way hotter, a brilliant conversationalist and owns her own liquor store. WTF?
Stop going through my mail. Last warning.
garizzalies
Posts: 3361
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Ursa Major wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:20 am
garizzalies wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 pm
Ursa Major wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 pm
Is Mr. Costello still dabbling in music albums for older adult contemporary or is he giving the AD role his full attention?
He’s almost all in, and his semi-devotion is how he got the job: Wades told him the Cats have been mediocre for years and he said every day I wrote the book
I have two questions.

Do you think Peterson will let Choachote back on the staff at UW after his dismissal from the cats this year?

I have been pining for a Wop Chop for 20 years. How could a Wop Chop taste better than I remember? It's like having sex with your prom date 20 years later and she's way hotter, a brilliant conversationalist and owns her own liquor store. WTF?
Urs,
Yes, somehow cats always land on their feet no matter how hard you punt them.

For your second question, I tip my cap. I could never have that long of a dry spell. I need to go to Muzzy’s at least once a month or I get the shakes and see a baby climb the wall and ceiling above my bed, and it’s head turns all the way around, 180 degrees, to stare down on me.

I have all kinds of stories from that place. I failed the two-double-Wop-challenge, but passed the hot mustard challenge. I was once let in the back to see how the sausage was made, and it had the opposite effect on me that one might expect. They used to have a tanning booth in the back. I am man enough to admit that I have tanned in the back of Muzzy’s! There’s something magical about over-stuffing your spare tire, and then tanning it.
User avatar
CatzWillRise
Posts: 2123
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:31 am

Is it August 30th yet.
"What kind of losers put quotes of other posters in their avatars?" - PlayerRep
Post Reply