Always wearing the Griz gear

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
AZDoc

Always wearing the Griz gear

Post by AZDoc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Random post that I forgot to post last week. I played in a fundraising golf tourney last weekend, of course wearing a Griz attire. At one of the holes, a volunteer came up to me with a “Go Griz” (I did not say fight on). She then said “my cousin plays for the Griz. He’s Esa Longoria.” Well I thought that was of course great. She asked if she could take our picture so she could send it to Esa and his mom. I laughed but certainly said yes. If she actually sent it, there’s a picture floating around of my group with my fat azz wearing the gear! She was very nice and had nothing but good things to say about her cousin and the Griz. :thumb:
Love when I get a Go Griz at random places like that. Got one on a Caribbean cruise once as well. How about we start a thread about random places we hear a Go Griz? There are my first 2.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers

signedbewildered
eGriz Club

Re: Always wearing the Griz gear

Post by signedbewildered » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:28 pm

At least once every year in Cabo/San Jose MX. Actually a couple of GRIZ plates down there as well.

signedbewildered
eGriz Club

Post by signedbewildered » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:38 pm

And Holy Cross AK. That's a bit out of the way.

dirtysoup

Post by dirtysoup » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:42 pm

If I can figure out how to post the picture from my phone I will, but a couple years ago the Dodgers (I think) played the Cuban national team in Havana. I was watching on TV and as the 2 presidents were walking to their seats in the stadium it panned the crowd and sure enough there was a guy with a Griz hat on. I had to rewind and get a picture. Cuba of all places!
They hate us cuz they ain't us

PDXGrizzly
eGriz Club

Post by PDXGrizzly » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:06 pm

At the Pantheon in Rome. Was drinking wine at one of the cafes on the piazza while wearing a Griz golf polo.

alabamagrizzly

Post by alabamagrizzly » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:17 pm

I was once at the Cantina on Mos Eisley while running a highly secretive shipment of Kyber Crystals. As I came up to the bar sporting my Griz gear, the bartender gave me a “Go Griz” and then promptly drew his blaster on me. It wasn’t until after he was falling to the floor from my counter blaster shot, that I noticed the blue solo cups with the cat logos by the cash register. I also then courteously returned the “Go Griz” over his cat-loving smoldering corpse.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's

George Ferguson
Former Name: havgrizfan

Post by George Ferguson » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Tons of Griz fans at both Pearl Jam Home Shows in Seattle. Got tons of Go Griz both nights. Ran into several Cat fans as well.

grizrgood
eGriz Club

Post by grizrgood » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Selah, Wa - (Central Wa St.)
last 10 years or so I hear it all the time!!
Cabo San Lucas, MX - A Former player struck a convo, don’t recall his name.
GO GRIZ!!

"DRAG THE CARCASS OFF THE FIELD" Compliments of Ken in section 110!

UMcheer2000

Post by UMcheer2000 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:02 pm

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:17 pm
I was once at the Cantina on Mos Eisley while running a highly secretive shipment of Kyber Crystals. As I came up to the bar sporting my Griz gear, the bartender gave me a “Go Griz” and then promptly drew his blaster on me. It wasn’t until after he was falling to the floor from my counter blaster shot, that I noticed the blue solo cups with the cat logos by the cash register. I also then courteously returned the “Go Griz” over his cat-loving smoldering corpse.
PoTY

mtgrizrule

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:44 pm

Heard it all the time, when I lived in Omaha and Denver.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!

dub

Post by dub » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:33 pm

Got a few Go Griz in DC and ran into a Cat fan in Maui once!

AZDoc

Post by AZDoc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:01 pm

alabamagrizzly wrote:
That story is complete bull$h!t! We all know Bama shot first!
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers

alabamagrizzly

Post by alabamagrizzly » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:18 pm

AZDoc wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:01 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Hey, at the Cantina the last man breathing writes history and dead men tell no tales.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's

jcu27

Post by jcu27 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:20 am

Heard it all the time in Fort Collins. In Alabama I only met 2 people who even knew who the griz were. They went on to describe the griz as a "highschool team"
made by; meh

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:59 am

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:18 pm
AZDoc wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:01 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Hey, at the Cantina the last man breathing writes history and dead men tell no tales.
History is written by the winners! :x
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

cf2000

Post by cf2000 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

I got one in Paris this spring.

misterb
eGriz Club

Post by misterb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Crystal Cove beach in So Cal.

Ursa Major
eGriz Club

Post by Ursa Major » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:19 pm

In Costa Rica during my failed coup attempt. Lots of times when I used to frequent Vancouver Island.
Post Like A Champion!

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:26 pm

While walking out of bar after the Rose Bowl, I spotted a guy wearing Griz football gear. It was the Calhoun's dad.

WaGriz4life

Post by WaGriz4life » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:30 pm

If you stay in one of the big resort in Maui on Kaanapoli beach you will have several people say go Griz if you wear your gear around. A LOT of Montana people vacation on Kaanapoli beach.