When will Griz fans demand a change?

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
Ursa Major
eGriz Club

UNDfan wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:01 pm
Typical Griz fans.

So you follow Royce’s lead compliantly.

When Seth comes out in favor of the Summit, you will suddenly have no complaints because of your compliance.
It's posts like this that make me so happy that the great North Dakotan diaspora has not impacted Montana. Despite the state's close proximity to Montana, the ND refugees continue to move due east to Minnesota and Wisconsin which are not only downhill but offer natural migratory paths to greater fast food and all-you- can- eat dining opportunities.

Most researchers believe that the relatively close diaspora settlement area (DSA) in both Minnesota and Western Wisconsin is linked to the high levels of obesity and diabetes found in the population. One researcher put it bluntly, "Fatty ain't going far in the snow. Especially when attempting to attach snow shoes and mukluks to missing diabetic limbs." Enjoy the Summit.
Last edited by Ursa Major on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Like A Champion!
UTGrizFan

garizzalies wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:47 pm
So your plan to avoid scheduling D2s is to have them join the conf?
More create a new out West Conference as that is the only way Montana will, as it was put "demand a change" which the likelyhood is still miniscule to none.
PlayerRep

Griz fans have already demanded a change. Switch football coaches and hire one who will Return Us To Dominance.

So far, so good. Let's get back to deep playoff runs and trips to the national championship game. 9 or more home games per year.

Personally, if it was guaranteed that UM could be as successful as Boise St., I would say no thanks.
griz71

Ursa Major wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:05 pm
UNDfan wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:01 pm
Typical Griz fans.

So you follow Royce’s lead compliantly.

When Seth comes out in favor of the Summit, you will suddenly have no complaints because of your compliance.
It's posts like this that make me so happy that the great North Dakota diaspora has not impacted Montana. Despite the state's close proximity to montana, the ND refugees continue to move due east to Minnesota and Wisconsin which are not only downhill but offer natural migratory paths to greater fast food and all-you- can- eat dining opportunities.

Most researchers believe that the relatively close diaspora settlement area (DSA) in both Minnesota and Western Wisconsin is linked to the high levels of obesity and diabetes found in the population. One researcher put it bluntly, "Fatty ain't going far in the snow. Especially when attempting to attach snow shoes and mukluks to missing diabetic limbs." Enjoy the Summit.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve Munson
1555 Union Avenue NE, #35
Renton, WA 98059
kemajic
eGriz Club

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:01 pm
Griz fans have already demanded a change. Switch football coaches and hire one who will Return Us To Dominance.

So far, so good. Let's get back to deep playoff runs and trips to the national championship game. 9 or more home games per year.

Personally, if it was guaranteed that UM could be as successful as Boise St., I would say no thanks.
So we get to watch Drake instead of Utah St.
I had a fight with a bottle of whiskey last night and the bottle of whiskey won. - Frankie Miller
PlayerRep

I would much rather watch the Drakes (and NI's, EWU's and NDSU's) of the world, have fun at the games, beat most of them, go to the playoffs, and get to the national championship game on occasion. Rather than watch Utah St, and lose to them in most years, perhaps getting clobbered in many years. I have no interest in Utah St. When I see them on a channel, I flip to the next one. Would much rather watch Cats v. WIU. My family's trips to Chattanooga to watch the Griz and have fun, have been some of my favorite sporting events ever.

The last player I could name from Utah St is Merlin Olson.
MikeyGriz

But if we would watch Utah St., we might also be lucky enough to get an invitation to the Famous Potato Bowl and an all expense paid trip to...…...oh, never mind!
I don't watch CNN for the same reason I don't drink out of the toilet bowl!
braves84

kemajic wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:51 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:01 pm

So we get to watch Drake instead of Utah St.
Right, plus the exposure of getting to the fiesta bowl 3 times. get to play host to pac 12 schools,etc... Why would you want that kind of success. O.k.
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:05 am
I would much rather watch the Drakes (and NI's, EWU's and NDSU's) of the world, have fun at the games, beat most of them, go to the playoffs, and get to the national championship game on occasion. Rather than watch Utah St, and lose to them in most years, perhaps getting clobbered in many years. I have no interest in Utah St. When I see them on a channel, I flip to the next one. Would much rather watch Cats v. WIU. My family's trips to Chattanooga to watch the Griz and have fun, have been some of my favorite sporting events ever.

*Olsen :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
AllWeatherFan
eGriz Club

I demand that we join the MWC! Now!

[Nothing happens.]

Well, I guess that didn't work.
Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening.
runtheoption

UNDfan posts on UND's message board as SiouxVolley. If you have a lot of time to kill, there are some mildly entertaining (and almost always 100% wrong) predictions, conjectures, and theories regarding how multiple combinations of UND, the Big Sky, the WAC, and some of the MVFC/Summit league schools were supposed to and/or will be going FBS.

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/192 ... ld-go-fbs/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/236 ... ummitmvfc/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/160 ... ts-take-2/
7 for 8.
jodcon
eGriz Club

runtheoption wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:50 am
UNDfan posts on UND's message board as SiouxVolley. If you have a lot of time to kill, there are some mildly entertaining (and almost always 100% wrong) predictions, conjectures, and theories regarding how multiple combinations of UND, the Big Sky, the WAC, and some of the MVFC/Summit league schools were supposed to and/or will be going FBS.

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/192 ... ld-go-fbs/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/236 ... ummitmvfc/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/160 ... ts-take-2/
Yep, formerly star2city, same MO since day 1 though.
kemajic
eGriz Club

PlayerRep wrote:
And the last player you could name from Drake is................
I had a fight with a bottle of whiskey last night and the bottle of whiskey won. - Frankie Miller
AllWeatherFan
eGriz Club

kemajic wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:04 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
RON ASH!
AllWeatherFan
eGriz Club

Actually, in all seriousness, Drake had a little bit of a dry spell in terms of players being drafted in the NFL. That dry spell ran from 1983 to 2017:

2017 Eric Saubert Atlanta Falcons TE
1983 Pat Dunsmore Chicago Bears TE
PlayerRep

kemajic wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:
"David Doeren [former UM asst coach is] the head football coach at North Carolina State University. He was previously the head coach at Northern Illinois University and has been an assistant at the University of Wisconsin, University of Kansas, University of Montana, and University of Southern California. He played college football at Drake University, where he also held his first assistant coaching position."

These 3 current players in particular. They are both good. Especially 81 (Doran).

"#15 Grant Kraemer, QB: Kraemer is a 5th year senior and their returning starting QB. He’s 6-3, 228 pounds. Last year he averaged 261 yards per game with a 61% completion. 20 TDs to 10 INTs. Not much of a runner but needs to be accounted for when he scrambles out of the pocket, he did have 2 rushing TDs last year.

#81 Stephen Doran, WR: This 6-3, 218 pound WR was the main target in their pass-heavy offense last year. He averaged about 80 yards per game, had 8 TDs on the season and averaged almost 21 yards per catch!"

"Jordan Lewinsky was a 2017 Second Team All-PFL selection at o-line last year and helped the Bulldogs aver- age 378 yards of total offense and 26.8 points per game last season."
Mousegriz

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:46 pm
kemajic wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:
"David Doeren [former UM asst coach is] the head football coach at North Carolina State University. He was previously the head coach at Northern Illinois University and has been an assistant at the University of Wisconsin, University of Kansas, University of Montana, and University of Southern California. He played college football at Drake University, where he also held his first assistant coaching position."

These 3 current players in particular. They are both good. Especially 81 (Doran).

"#15 Grant Kraemer, QB: Kraemer is a 5th year senior and their returning starting QB. He’s 6-3, 228 pounds. Last year he averaged 261 yards per game with a 61% completion. 20 TDs to 10 INTs. Not much of a runner but needs to be accounted for when he scrambles out of the pocket, he did have 2 rushing TDs last year.

#81 Stephen Doran, WR: This 6-3, 218 pound WR was the main target in their pass-heavy offense last year. He averaged about 80 yards per game, had 8 TDs on the season and averaged almost 21 yards per catch!"

"Jordan Lewinsky was a 2017 Second Team All-PFL selection at o-line last year and helped the Bulldogs aver- age 378 yards of total offense and 26.8 points per game last season."
Both of them?
PlayerRep

Mousegriz wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:37 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
kemajic wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:

Both of them?
Yes, both of the first 2. The 3d guy was just a name I knew because I had seen that he was pre-season all-conference. I have no idea if he is any good. The other 2 were mentioned by the UM coaches.
Mousegriz

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:23 pm
Mousegriz wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:37 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
kemajic wrote:

Both of them?
Yes, both of the first 2. The 3d guy was just a name I knew because I had seen that he was pre-season all-conference. I have no idea if he is any good. The other 2 were mentioned by the UM coaches.
Thanks for the clarification.....I'd thought you meant "both" of "these 3 current players in particular" are good. Must have read it wrong.
Hammer
eGriz Club

AllWeatherFan wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:10 pm
kemajic wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:
RON ASH!
I totally forgot about former kitty coach Ron Ash being from Drake!