• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Beats UND in 2d Half - 14-7

PlayerRep

Two very ugly and disappointing games in a row for Griz, but I still like the team and am hopeful they can get back on track. I will never give up on any team of mine, including this one. Think they want to win and play hard. Know Hauck and the coaches are good.

Go Griz!

Only 30 yards for UM in 3d quarter. 153 in 4th, mostly due to Humphrey's passing. 222 yards for UND in 2d half, in part due to keeping it on the ground. TO was 413 to 536. 343 passing yards for Griz. 6 penalties for Griz. 5 punts for Griz. 4 for UND.

Griz need to get JLM back in the offense.

Can all the neggies post in the other threads. Would be nice to see some neutral to positive comments from some of you here. I'm curious as to what you think.

Geezus, you're really reaching for something positive to say here buddy. Lets just call it the butt kickin' that it was.

I’m neutral on being excited for “beating” a team in the second half who pummeled us so bad in the first half they coasted home.

All I can think is the team never got over last week and didn't get ready for this week. The hangover from losing a game you're supposed to win can be tough to get over. Maybe the bye week is coming at a good time.

I'd like this team to somehow come out with inspired play at the beginning of the game. We play better as the game progresses, but for whatever reason can't get up for a game at the start.

Also time to start re-evaluating who our best players are during the bi-week. Some that are playing may not be any longer. Would Anderson or Sain be better on the OL now? Humphrey just looked more composed in the pocket then Sneed, his accuracy looked better, he may not be as good as a runner, but teams have now taken that aspect of Sneed's game from him.

Maybe start Cam, and keep Sneed in the backfield with him. He runs better than Eastwood. Also these coaches need to assume some accountability, and just not by saying it.

And finally, I hope Bobby enjoys his run up to the M this week, he should be leading the team up that hill....all of them.

our first team beat their second team....UND pretty much was in cruise mode by the time we scored. I do think that we should have put Cam in in the first quarter and I said as much on the other thread. Sneed was not getting it done. We will live to fight another day tho.

ordigger said:
I'd like this team to somehow come out with inspired play at the beginning of the game. We play better as the game progresses, but for whatever reason can't get up for a game at the start.

Also time to start re-evaluating who our best players are during the bi-week. Some that are playing may not be any longer. Would Anderson or Sain be better on the OL now? Humphrey just looked more composed in the pocket then Sneed, his accuracy looked better, he may not be as good as a runner, but teams have now taken that aspect of Sneed's game from him.

Maybe start Cam, and keep Sneed in the backfield with him. He runs better than Eastwood. Also these coaches need to assume some accountability, and just not by saying it.

And finally, I hope Bobby enjoys his run up to the M this week, he should be leading the team up that hill....all of them.
I have watched Stoner play when he gets a chance. He is definitely better than on starter, and it's not even close

ordigger said:

That’s a good thought. Start Cam with Sneed in the backfield.

I'm all for playing Humphrey if the coaches believe he's the best qb, at least as of now. He threw some nice balls. He had some off throws. The first TD was a bit lucky. Thrown behind receiver (assume that wasn't intentional, but don't know), and then tipped/bobbled ahead and defender got turned around.

As I said, Sneed's completion percentage was slightly better.

Playing against UND's subs, with no blitzing (to my recollection), would be a bit easier than what Sneed was going against.

Again, I liked what I saw of Humphrey.

Something positive?

I’m positive this looked a LOT like the Weber loss last year, in which many here were absolutely flamespraying Stitt and his schemes.

Humphrey put it where a receiver could actually compete for the catch. Can't compete for a ball thrown 10 yards over your head by Sneed...

AZGrizFan said:
Something positive?

I’m positive this looked a LOT like the Weber loss last year, in which many here were absolutely flamespraying Stitt and his schemes.

I think it’s positive that everyone forgot how embarrassing last week was.

PlayerRep said:
I'm all for playing Humphrey if the coaches believe he's the best qb, at least as of now. He threw some nice balls. He had some off throws. The first TD was a bit lucky. Thrown behind receiver (assume that wasn't intentional, but don't know), and then tipped/bobbled ahead and defender got turned around.

As I said, Sneed's completion percentage was slightly better.

Playing against UND's subs, with no blitzing (to my recollection), would be a bit easier than what Sneed was going against.

Again, I liked what I saw of Humphrey.

The first TD pass may have been a little off but I thought he was trying to throw it to the outside shoulder, something that many good QBs do to throw their receivers open.

PlayerRep said:
Two very ugly and disappointing games in a row for Griz, but I still like the team and am hopeful they can get back on track. I will never give up on any team of mine, including this one. Think they want to win and play hard. Know Hauck and the coaches are good.

Go Griz!

Only 30 yards for UM in 3d quarter. 153 in 4th, mostly due to Humphrey's passing. 222 yards for UND in 2d half, in part due to keeping it on the ground. TO was 413 to 536. 343 passing yards for Griz. 6 penalties for Griz. 5 punts for Griz. 4 for UND.

Griz need to get JLM back in the offense.

Can all the neggies post in the other threads. Would be nice to see some neutral to positive comments from some of you here. I'm curious as to what you think.
Congrats on scoring twice in the fourth quarter against our 4th string defense.

Back