• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

One of the Best Blog Writings on Griz

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I have read in a long time. I wish GrizFan24 would post over here more often:

http://maroonbloodblog.com/2018/10/15/hitting-the-reset-button/

You can be unhappy about how we're playing now (I am).

You can be unhappy about what seems like hypocrisy by those who decried Stitt last year for the same problems Bobby is having now (I am).

You can think Stitt deserved more time (I did), and that the next thing I'm going to say is unfair (it probably is).

But 24 is spot on. Bobby needs 5+ years because our program needs direction. There are teams since 2010 that have only won 10% of their games that haven't had the turnover we've experienced.

If not, we're probably going to be an average football team for a long, long time.

uofmman1122 said:

You can be unhappy about what seems like hypocrisy by those who decried Stitt last year for the same problems Bobby is having now (I am).

You can think Stitt deserved more time (I did), and that the next thing I'm going to say is unfair (it probably is).

But 24 is spot on. Bobby needs 5+ years because our program needs direction. There are teams since 2010 that have only won 10% of their games that haven't had the turnover we've experienced.

If not, we're probably going to be an average football team for a long, long time.

The logic is flawed, if you didn’t give Stitt five years (after just getting his pieces in place), you dont give Hauck five years. That’s just kissing the ass of the holy grail who can do no wrong. I do believe Hauck will be here in 5 years though, because he EARNED it, not because we have different standards for different coaches.

Continuity is great, but let’s quit going from pro style to spread to old school to fly sweep spread to whatever it is now

ordigger said:
uofmman1122 said:

The logic is flawed, if you didn’t give Stitt five years (after just getting his pieces in place), you dont give Hauck five years. That’s just kissing the ass of the holy grail who can do no wrong. I do believe Hauck will be here in 5 years though, because he EARNED it, not because we have different standards for different coaches.

I think you're right. And I HOPE you're right, because otherwise the next 3 years are gonna really suck. :oops:

ordigger said:
Silenoz said:
First thing that comes to mind:

Nebraska

Second thing that comes to mind. No way in hell Frost gets 5 years unless he’s earned it

The new mantra for Montana should be WWNND (what would Nebraska not do). Watch them and then do the opposite

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6c17WxIcCw[/media]

+1000
Everything is in place now.
Time for boosters, fans and the AD to be patient.
Let's finally allow this uber-advantaged program to build once agian.

ordigger said:
uofmman1122 said:

Continuity is great, but let’s quit going from pro style to spread to old school to fly sweep spread to whatever it is now
So we just continue the cycle of booting coaches after 3 years no matter what because we made a mistake not giving one guy enough time?

That just sounds spiteful and reckless, even though I totally agree that Stitt got a raw deal.

Silenoz said:
ordigger said:
Silenoz said:
First thing that comes to mind:

Nebraska

Second thing that comes to mind. No way in hell Frost gets 5 years unless he’s earned it

The new mantra for Montana should be WWNND (what would Nebraska not do). Watch them and then do the opposite

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6c17WxIcCw[/media]

Nebraska is the poster child for letting boosters run the AD's office. It started when impatient fans and boosters wanted Solich out after going 9-3*. Not only did this kill UN it made UNDSU into a dynasty.

*Solich's 58 wins during his first six seasons as Nebraska's head coach exceeded those of his predecessors, Bob Devaney (53 wins) and Osborne (55 wins), both of whom are in the College Football Hall of Fame.[2] But Solich won only one Big 12 North title and conference championship in six seasons and had a 1–9 record on the road against ranked teams (0–9 in conference play), and the team had a drop-off in offensive production.

All I can say is about this time around, if you believe this team really is talent poor, then this situation shapes up more like UNLV than Bobby's first time around at UM. I liked Bobby's chances of success more when he and his coaches were trying to make a name for themselves in the I-AA business, rather than finishing out long careers.

Excellent blog post IMO...the pressure n college football programs is to win and win now though and the powers that be often are blind to the long game of rebuilding

Back