• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Show me examples.....

MTGRZ

....of a coaching change where the new coach comes in and the program is flipped to national prominence/dominance in one season. Show me. Saban? Urban Myer maybe? Point is, it's the exception rathan than the rule for a coaching change to breed deep playoff runs and natties in ONE year. Patience, my friends.

Other than my view, seriously, are there many examples of college coaching changes that brought a program to national prominence in one year?

Didn't JMU use a shit-ton of drop down transfers early on to get to where they are today? Or am I thinking of another east coast team?

Horribilis said:
Didn't JMU use a shit-ton of drop down transfers early on to get to where they are today? Or am I thinking of another east coast team?

you are correct...in my mind that has to be part of the formula Hauck will have to use as well next year.

MTGRZ said:
....of a coaching change where the new coach comes in and the program is flipped to national prominence/dominance in one season.

i think you should just be asking for an example of a coach who's team didn't look completely inept two straight games, halfway through the season. one who lobbied for the position, quite possibly speeding the firing of the previous head coach. one who was supported by wealthy boosters, who have been perceived by some to have whined and 'gotten their way'. you know the type - threatening to give up on not only the griz, but the university, if they didn't get their way in terms of who is the head coach. who's blatant hypocrisy is being mocked now that the wheels have slightly fallen off.

there is a reason for the 'rancor' on egriz, and it isn't all about x's and o's.

argh! said:
MTGRZ said:
....of a coaching change where the new coach comes in and the program is flipped to national prominence/dominance in one season.

i think you should just be asking for an example of a coach who's team didn't look completely inept two straight games, halfway through the season. one who lobbied for the position, quite possibly speeding the firing of the previous head coach. one who was supported by wealthy boosters, who have been perceived by some to have whined and 'gotten their way'. you know the type - threatening to give up on not only the griz, but the university, if they didn't get their way in terms of who is the head coach. who's blatant hypocrisy is being mocked now that the wheels have slightly fallen off.

there is a reason for the 'rancor' on egriz, and it isn't all about x's and o's.

More aggressive than I would've put it, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I can see this side of it, too. I might be shouted down for admitting it, but I am able to see the other side of the current situation.

argh! said:
MTGRZ said:

Turn towards the light and see that the boat has sailed. Why dwell on something that you have no control over and have no way to reverse? Unless you just revel in misery...…..

Yeah, I didn't expect us to booking hotels to go watch the championship game at Pizza Pie Soccer Stadium at 7:30 am in some Dallas suburb no on has ever heard of.

But I also didn't expect us to look like a bottom 100 team for two straight weeks (and really, since the first half of the UNI game when they didn't know what to expect, have we really looked impressive at all?)

Title contender the first year? No.

A top 3 BSC team the first year? Absolutely!

MikeyGriz said:
argh! said:
MTGRZ said:

Turn towards the light and see that the boat has sailed. Why dwell on something that you have no control over and have no way to reverse? Unless you just revel in misery...…..

not dwelling on anything, just giving an opinion.

EverettGriz said:
Yeah, I didn't expect us to booking hotels to go watch the championship game at Pizza Pie Soccer Stadium at 7:30 am in some Dallas suburb no on has ever heard of.

But I also didn't expect us to look like a bottom 100 team for two straight weeks (and really, since the first half of the UNI game when they didn't know what to expect, have we really looked impressive at all?)

I honestly can't disagree with the last two lines. When the previous guy needed to go, it was all about getting the attitude back and not hearing excuses. After the hiring and during the offseason, it became more about tempering expectations. Now, it feels a lot like making excuses. I have complete confidence that the Griz will get back to where they need to be, and I trust those closer to the program who say the last guy needed to go. But I'm not liking the excuses. And I'm not enjoying feeling even less confident about the team this year.

argh! said:
MTGRZ said:

To much truth here. You will be flamed soon. Me too for agreeing.

Horribilis said:

Bingo indeed they did

EverettGriz said:

I would settle for a top 4 BSC even.

argh! said:
MTGRZ said:

It never ends.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
MTGRZ said:

It never ends.

you can always take your ball and go home!

Back