• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Frustrated Player Makes Tackle Off Bench

PlayerRep

Funny article and video. Also, has video of the similar 1954 Cotton Bowl play. That player didn't even have his helmet on.

http://www.startribune.com/st-cloud-cathedral-player-succumbs-to-frustration-leaves-sideline-to-make-a-tackle/497616891/?om_rid=2675861961&om_mid=120831433

PlayerRep said:
Funny article and video. Also, has video of the similar 1954 Cotton Bowl play. That player didn't even have his helmet on.

http://www.startribune.com/st-cloud-cathedral-player-succumbs-to-frustration-leaves-sideline-to-make-a-tackle/497616891/?om_rid=2675861961&om_mid=120831433

:lol: are you suggesting that we may have to resort to a 12th player coming off the bench to get back to
winning games? (tongue in cheek emoji)

however, rightfully so in this case, the runner was awarded the td.

My dad was a St. Cloud Cathedral alum, so I know what a pathetic sports history they have. Outside of Nate Schmidt's Stanley Cup run for Vegas last year and Tom Burgmeier pitching for the Twins in the 70's (THE only 2 pro athletes they have ever produced in 116+ years to my knowledge), they have routinely been an embarrassment and whipping boys but this is a new low even for them. The tackler was actually the captain too.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
see also: Robin Peters.

You mean Tom Petters? Not sure who Robin Peters is (I got no obvious results on google), but Tom Petters is another proud Cathedral alum currently in Leavenworth Prison for a $3.65B Ponzi scheme

Zirg said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
see also: Robin Peters.

You mean Tom Petters? Not sure who Robin Peters is (I got no obvious results on google), but Tom Petters is another proud Cathedral alum currently in Leavenworth Prison for a $3.65B Ponzi scheme

Robin played for the Griz during the Swarthout years. Game against Hawaii is legend, he couldnt stand seeing another Hawaii TD so he tackled the dude at the one.

"sportsman of the year banquet.
Post by Bronco » Fri May 13, 2005 3:52 pm

Former Griz Robin Peters was honored at the Ray Rocene sportsman of the year banquet.

I posted this story because I would bet after coaching little Grizzly football for 30 years that some of you on egriz had Robin as a coach.

He was a very good football player..a national champion hand ball player and is great supporter of Grizzly athletics.

One story they left out of the article is while playing in Hawaii and the breaks were beating the boys Robin was on the side line as the offense threw another interception. As the Hawaii player was running down the sideline Robin put on his helmet and took off after the guy caught him and saved a touchdown as the final gun went off and escaped into the locker room as the Hawaii players and coaches started complaining and pointing fingers.

The next day the Hawaii paper had a sequence of pictures that showed him coming off the bench to make the tackle."

Back