• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I know it’s early

garizzalies

For the last six years, I thought the Griz were pretty good for the first 5 or 6 games...

And

I know it’s early for the annual CFS thread but it’s the bye week: The place in Great Falls with the mermaids might be the best

There was a group of mermaids from Washington state at Playfair park in Missoula today.

There were chickens holding signs extolling the benefits of consuming "BIEF."

I dunno man...

garizzalies said:
For the last six years, I thought the Griz were pretty good for the first 5 or 6 games...

And

I know it’s early for the annual CFS thread but it’s the bye week: The place in Great Falls with the mermaids might be the best

Those aren't the mermaids I used to dream about....The Sip-N-Dip lounge.

PlayerRep said:
Griz have been resting all week.

What does that mean? Not practicing (not everyone, just injured), or practicing at a minimal contact level.

PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What does that mean? Not practicing (not everyone, just injured), or practicing at a minimal contact level.
I think BH said they were taking a break until tomorrow. Heal up; get caught up in school. Reboot.

kemajic said:
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I think BH said they were taking a break until tomorrow. Heal up; get caught up in school. Reboot.

For those of you who didn’t play the game, a lot of what you deal in terms of injuries during the season are termed today as “overuse” issues. Inflammation, stress & strains caused by doing the same stuff, everyday. Having the luxury of a bye week gives them a chance to heal those & deal with some of more performance critical - ankles, knees, hips (my issue), shoulders, necks & so forth.

Even if you haven’t played the game, there are similar issues with daily life. Take Ursa for example. Please... the constant jolts his joints get from the MF (Massey Ferguson) running over objects like farm implements, random vehicles, through irrigation channels, barrow pits & the like have put a huge strain on his elbows, which already have to bend an inordinate number of times per day. (The internet profile noted he’s ambidextrous). He’s also had to have his head on a swivel, because things can escalate quickly while being married to a Russian & that gets to be hell on a guy once he gets post 50. Thank goodness for pain relievers like Vodka, Scotch, Costco, always Costco golden margs, & topical pain treatments like Ben Gay, Vodka Martinis (shaken or stirred) & Scotch with ice.

bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

For those of you who didn’t play the game, a lot of what you deal in terms of injuries during the season are termed today as “overuse” issues. Inflammation, stress & strains caused by doing the same stuff, everyday. Having the luxury of a bye week gives them a chance to heal those & deal with some of more performance critical - ankles, knees, hips (my issue), shoulders, necks & so forth.

Even if you haven’t played the game, there are similar issues with daily life. Take Ursa for example. Please... the constant jolts his joints get from the MF (Massey Ferguson) running over objects like farm implements, random vehicles, through irrigation channels, barrow pits & the like have put a huge strain on his elbows, which already have to bend an inordinate number of times per day. (The internet profile noted he’s ambidextrous). He’s also had to have his head on a swivel, because things can escalate quickly while being married to a Russian & that gets to be hell on a guy once he gets post 50. Thank goodness for pain relievers like Vodka, Scotch, Costco, always Costco golden margs, & topical pain treatments like Ben Gay, Vodka Martinis (shaken or stirred) & Scotch with ice.
Preach, Brother!!

BlondHopefulJunebug-size_restricted.gif

kemajic said:
PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Yes, the Griz didn't practice last week until Saturday.

Back