• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Watch Some FCS Football! (per DirecTV)

IdaGriz01

With the Griz on a Bye, fans have a chance to watch some other FCS teams. And there are quite a few opportunities to do so, at least if you have the DirecTV Sports Pack (or its equivalent). Again, I have included several ESPN3 (streaming) games because some may show up on TV tomorrow morning. Those are separate from the ESPN+ pay service, which has man more games.

Saturday, October 20
Code:
Lafayette at Bucknell		10:00 am	640
Sacred Heart at Cent. Conn. 	11:00 am	790
Campbell at Monmouth 		11:00 am	791
Richmond at #11 Elon 		11:30 am	608
Dartmouth at Columbia		11:30 am 	Broadcast at 5:30 pm, 639
The Citadel at VMI 		11:30 am	792
Delaware State at SC State 	11:30 am	793
UT Martin at Eastern Illinois 	 1:00 pm	794
#19 NC A&T at Bethune-Cookman 	 2:00 pm	795
#6 McNeese at Incarnate Word 	 3:00 pm	623
#2 SDSU at #25 Northern Iowa 	 3:00 pm	788
MSU at #7 Weber State 		 4:00 pm	674, 683, 684, 687
Howard at Morgan State 		 5:00 pm	790
SFA at Houston Baptist 		 5:00 pm	792

Will update as we get more information.

(Just to keep comments separate from the list.)

A few of these games are likely hot tickets, but some are just so-so. It's good to see what the competition looks like. Some on here who have such a poor opinion of the level of play in the Big Sky could learn at lot watching some of these other matchups. Even the strongest conferences (re: CAA and MVFC) have some weak sisters.

We will sometimes make up our own highlight shows from recordings of these other games. When you switch from a mid-level game in the Big Sky, CAA or MVFC to a game among the lesser teams/conferences, you see some clear differences in the level of play.

I swear, some of those games look like they're being played in slow motion. At first, I thought it was a difference in broadcasts, but finally decided it really was the play on the field. Even “lesser” teams -- say, in the MEAC or SWAC -- will have individuals with top athletic talent. That’s why you see guys getting drafted from teams that have never (or hardly ever) been competitive in FCS. But, overall, you can see glaring differences in the team speed and athleticism between the two levels of play. (Of course, you also see the same thing at the FBS level but, to me, the differences do not seem quite as obvious.)

Red Birds vs. GoGravy looks like it didn’t make your list. Might be the game of the weekend. After Weebs & state ag that is.

bgbigdog said:
Red Birds vs. GoGravy looks like it didn’t make your list. Might be the game of the weekend. After Weebs & state ag that is.
As of now -- here in IF -- we have not been able to locate a station where we can watch that game.

Of course, this is the "TV" list ... I'm working on the "Upset Guesses" poll right now ... and that game wil be there.

Added one more that showed up this morning: Richmond at #11 Elon.

I also removed the last ESPN3 ("free" streaming) games since no broadcast showed up for them.

Latest posts

Back