• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Something to Smile About

bgbigdog

DONOR
[media]https://twitter.com/grizallday/status/1053341060322091008?s=21[/media]

Abso-f$&king-lutely! :thumb: :clap:

& @grizfanpodcast - it’s not Swain or Swaim, it’s Cole Sain - S-A-I-N. For guys who supposedly watch the games, this is unacceptable. Bastards. :lol:

First: Congrats to both! (And a good thing to bump.)

:eek:ff:

Yes, this is off topic, but the thread title is SOoo appropriate.

Announcers (lots and lots of them) have a pet saying: "You can't do that. You just can't!"
This gem of wisdom is always delivered in a pontifical tone, suitable for delivering a truth from on high.

A bit ago, I heard one say that after a defender took two steps after the QB released the ball and pushed him down (did not really "hit" him). Naturally, he was called for "roughing the passer."

Other favorite plays are: Wide receivers jumping the snap count, a DB yanking a receiver's jersey right in front of the ref ... and so on.

I know I'm being picky, but words matter. Don't tell me a player CAN'T do that ... He just did, you idiot! It's more amusing than annoying, But why not: "He'll never get away with that." (Except sometimes they do.) Or "They'll flag that every time!" (Except they don't.)

Just a bit of amusement for the afternoon. Anyone have any other favorite bits of "announcer speak"? Maybe we can start a thread for that. Who knows?

Latest posts

Back