• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses (Oct 20)

Where are the upsets?

• Richmond (3-4) at #11 Elon (4-2)

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • #8 Illinois State (5-1) at #1 NDSU (6-0)

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • #22 URI (4-2) at #18 Stony Brook (5-2)

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • SEMO (4-2) vs #5 Jacksonville State (5-1)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • #25 Northern Iowa (3-3) vs #2 SDSU (4-1)

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • #21 ETSU (6-1) at #12 Wofford (4-2)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Bethune-Cook (4-3) vs #19 NC A&T (5-2)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Incarnate Word (3-3) vs #6 McNeese (5-1)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Bobcats Suck!

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

With four games between ranked teams, we have some “juicy” choices for possible upsets. We also have some cases where a ranked team is on the road, increasing the chance for an upset.

As usual, three picks allowed (B-Sucks and two more :) ?) and you can change your mind later.

Need to hurry on the voting. (Sorry about being late, still having trouble with my eyes.)

C'mon people! These games are hot tomorrow. Get your calls in.

(And how come a full third of the votes are not for the preferred choice?)

I cant remember, you dont do BSC? Bobcats over Weber would be an upset right? Or is that the Bobcats suck option :thumb:

cmtgrizzly said:
I cant remember, you dont do BSC? Bobcats over Weber would be an upset right? Or is that the Bobcats suck option :thumb:
You are correct. I stopped doing Big Sky matchups when it became clear that many people were voting their pet hates (or loves) rather than even trying to pick reasonable chances for upsets. Those we could all figure out, so I dropped that version.

However, it was pointed out to me a couple weeks ago that ... by eGriz Rule :) ... polls have to include a "Bobcats Suck" choice whenever it is the least bit appropriate. So I included it, and allowed for three votes per screen name.

But yes, a win by the putty-tats at Weber would be a big upset. We're set up to record that game because it's a "can't lose" for us: Cats win, it's a big upset OR we get to watch MSU lose.

Been a crazy day in D-I football -- have lost track of how many overtime games there've been.

With the ranked-vs-ranked matchups, plus upsets, we're headed for five (for sure) and possibly six ranked teams losing.

Upsets so far include unranked SEMO over #5 Jacksonville State and #25 UNI over #2 SDSU.

And, with the half approaching, #6 McNeese is down 28-3 at unranked Incarnate Word (one of my picks). That's plenty of time for a come-back, but it's a good start.

Yep, a totally nuts day in football, and FCS football in particular. With "the returns all in," eight ranked FCS teams lost today, four of them in the top-8.

Three of those losses were bad ... being beat-downs by unranked teams: SEMO over #5 Jacksonville State (37-14), Incarnate Word over #6 McNeese (45-17), and Lamar over #14 SHSU (41-23).

Among the ranked-vs-ranked, #18 Stony Brook pounded #22 Rhode Island, 52-14 (Ouch!).

Back