Quick, to the record books!

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Post Reply
Silvertip
Posts: 5601
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: Denver CO

Quick, to the record books!

Post by Silvertip » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:23 pm

From 21 - 3 to 21 - 49 ! ...have the Griz ever...EVER... suffered a more epic collapse? I doubt it...
not even in the far distant pre-Dornblaser leather helmet era.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" M. Twain

User avatar
Griz2k
eGriz Club
Posts: 3282
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:28 pm
Location: Missoula
Contact:

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by Griz2k » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:38 pm

I remember last year's game against Eastern that was a total collapse in the 2nd half, but it wasn't this bad.

User avatar
Silenoz
Posts: 1974
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by Silenoz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:57 pm

A reoccurring conversation I have lol

Wife - "How did the game go?"
Me - "Bad"
Wife - "As bad as last week?"
Me - "Worse"
Wife - "How is that possible?"
Me - "I don't know"

User avatar
IdahoGrizFan
Posts: 1465
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Spokane Valley, WA

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by IdahoGrizFan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 pm

I didn’t see the game. What in the heck happened? How do you give up 5 TDs in the 4th?
I live way to close to that stupid red field at EWU... Just saying...

User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 20389
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by EverettGriz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Silenoz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:57 pm
A reoccurring conversation I have lol

Wife - "How did the game go?"
Me - "Bad"
Wife - "As bad as last week?"
Me - "Worse"
Wife - "How is that possible?"
Me - "I don't know"
POTY

I literally just had that very conversation.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

Zander_UCD
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by Zander_UCD » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:27 pm

IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 pm
I didn’t see the game. What in the heck happened? How do you give up 5 TDs in the 4th?
Multiple turnovers to set up an uptempo offense with good field position. I hoped the Ags would bring it back and I knew we'd have enough time to get at least two scores, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that quarter...

User avatar
IdahoGrizFan
Posts: 1465
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Spokane Valley, WA

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by IdahoGrizFan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:34 pm

How many total yards did we have in the second half. This was horrible.
How
I live way to close to that stupid red field at EWU... Just saying...

User avatar
MissoulaMarinerFan
Posts: 3028
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by MissoulaMarinerFan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:42 pm

IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:34 pm
How many total yards did we have in the second half. This was horrible.
How
Hard to have many yards when your QB gives up the ball 4 times in 2 minutes.

User avatar
IdahoGrizFan
Posts: 1465
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Spokane Valley, WA

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by IdahoGrizFan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Are you kidding me? Wow.
I live way to close to that stupid red field at EWU... Just saying...

User avatar
GGNez
eGriz Club
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by GGNez » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:54 pm

EverettGriz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:17 pm
Silenoz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:57 pm
A reoccurring conversation I have lol

Wife - "How did the game go?"
Me - "Bad"
Wife - "As bad as last week?"
Me - "Worse"
Wife - "How is that possible?"
Me - "I don't know"
POTY

I literally just had that very conversation.
Same....but with my dog.
Winners never quit and quitters never win. ~ Vince Lombardi

User avatar
puckshootr
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by puckshootr » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:55 pm

EverettGriz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:17 pm
Silenoz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:57 pm
A reoccurring conversation I have lol

Wife - "How did the game go?"
Me - "Bad"
Wife - "As bad as last week?"
Me - "Worse"
Wife - "How is that possible?"
Me - "I don't know"
Exact same conversation at my house too!

POTY

I literally just had that very conversation.

User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 20389
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by EverettGriz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:58 pm

GGNez wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:54 pm
EverettGriz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:17 pm
Silenoz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:57 pm
A reoccurring conversation I have lol

Wife - "How did the game go?"
Me - "Bad"
Wife - "As bad as last week?"
Me - "Worse"
Wife - "How is that possible?"
Me - "I don't know"
POTY

I literally just had that very conversation.
Same....but with my dog.
Well, at least you can take her for a walk to take out your aggression. When I suggested some form of, uhhhhh, physical activity with my wife I got the dreaded crinkly forehead face.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

User avatar
GGNez
eGriz Club
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by GGNez » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm

EverettGriz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:58 pm
GGNez wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:54 pm
EverettGriz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:17 pm
Silenoz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:57 pm
A reoccurring conversation I have lol

Wife - "How did the game go?"
Me - "Bad"
Wife - "As bad as last week?"
Me - "Worse"
Wife - "How is that possible?"
Me - "I don't know"

POTY

I literally just had that very conversation.
Same....but with my dog.
Well, at least you can take her for a walk to take out your aggression. When I suggested some form of, uhhhhh, physical activity with my wife I got the dreaded crinkly forehead face.
Awwww....sorry, friend. Those complicated nuances remind me to be grateful that my dog is my only roommate.
Winners never quit and quitters never win. ~ Vince Lombardi

yogi
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:24 pm

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by yogi » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:23 pm

my dog says you can't win if your qb throws 3 interceptions and fumbles twice; your friend, yogi

User avatar
Fahque
Posts: 7879
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by Fahque » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:24 pm

yogi wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:23 pm
my dog says you can't win if your qb throws 3 interceptions and fumbles twice; your friend, yogi
Smart dog

User avatar
Fushiznitz
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by Fushiznitz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:33 pm

But can the dog coach?
“Political Correctness” is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh$t by the clean end."

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23925
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 pm

36 points in the 4th quarter. 36 points. In ONE quarter.

Let that sink in for a minute.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 20389
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by EverettGriz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Fushiznitz wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:33 pm
But can the dog coach?
Or get a yard on 4th and one?
Booze is the duct tape of life.

User avatar
IdahoGrizFan
Posts: 1465
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Spokane Valley, WA

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by IdahoGrizFan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 pm

MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:42 pm
IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:34 pm
How many total yards did we have in the second half. This was horrible.
How
Hard to have many yards when your QB gives up the ball 4 times in 2 minutes.
Did that really happen? 4 turnovers in 2 minutes?
I live way to close to that stupid red field at EWU... Just saying...

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23925
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Quick, to the record books!

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:20 am

IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 pm
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:42 pm
IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:34 pm
How many total yards did we have in the second half. This was horrible.
How
Hard to have many yards when your QB gives up the ball 4 times in 2 minutes.
Did that really happen? 4 turnovers in 2 minutes?
Well to be fair it was actually about 4 minutes. As PR pointed out in another thread, there was a lot of “Davis scores quick” in between those turnovers....
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

Post Reply