Sammy Touchdown

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Sammy Touchdown

Post by HookedonGriz » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Just saw where Sammy Akem is leading the Big Sky with 10 TD grabs and is 8th in all of FCS. I said it before....we are LUCKY he is a Griz. He could easily be a legit FBS receiver.

MTGRZ

Re: Sammy Touchdown

Post by MTGRZ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:24 pm

He's a baller for sure. Glad he is on our side!

NorthEndZoneDan
eGriz Club

Post by NorthEndZoneDan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:40 pm

he's just a red shirt Soph. get used to reading his name.
my two favorite teams are The Griz and who ever is playing the bobkitties

MTGRZ

Post by MTGRZ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:50 pm

NorthEndZoneDan wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:40 pm
he's just a red shirt Soph. get used to reading his name.
Very true. Most of the starters are soph or younger....could pay-off for the Griz in a year or two

BadlandsGrizFan

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 am

WR talent is not an issue for this team and wont be for a while. I will give Stitt credit on that front!
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:33 am

HookedonGriz wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:37 pm
Just saw where Sammy Akem is leading the Big Sky with 10 TD grabs and is 8th in all of FCS. I said it before....we are LUCKY he is a Griz. He could easily be a legit FBS receiver.
How can this be? I thought posters said Sneed doesn't throw long, or throw long enough to get TD's, and isn't accurate enough throwing long to make any completions.

Congrats to Akem.

mtgrizrule

Post by mtgrizrule » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:33 am
HookedonGriz wrote:
How can this be? I thought posters said Sneed doesn't throw long, or throw long enough to get TD's, and isn't accurate enough throwing long to make any completions.

Congrats to Akem.
Not many have said that he can't throw it long. Many are saying he needs to be more consistent, and something he needs to continue to improve on I am not sure how many of Akem's TD's are from long passes. I recall some medium length passes, a few redzone td's, and a few with great YAC. Akem does it from all areas. It is good to see him utilized in the redzone though.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!

kemajic
eGriz Club

Post by kemajic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Hey I'm A Kem.....
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

grizatwork
eGriz Club

Post by grizatwork » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:49 pm

He has definitely become more consistent. I hope he works hard at catching more with his hands than his body this off season. He does that and he is unstoppable.

grizband
eGriz Club

Post by grizband » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 pm

kemajic wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 pm
Hey I'm A Kem.....
POTY nominee!

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:

Congrats to Akem.
Not many have said that he can't throw it long. Many are saying he needs to be more consistent, and something he needs to continue to improve on I am not sure how many of Akem's TD's are from long passes. I recall some medium length passes, a few redzone td's, and a few with great YAC. Akem does it from all areas. It is good to see him utilized in the redzone though.
Lots have said he can't throw long. and doesn't. Only short passes. And misses wide open receivers. This despite him having the 2d best completion percentage in the conference.

grizband
eGriz Club

Post by grizband » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:

Congrats to Akem.
Lots have said he can't throw long. and doesn't. Only short passes. And misses wide open receivers. This despite him having the 2d best completion percentage in the conference.
Completion percentage and ability to throw long passes aren't directly related, though. I'm not sure if that's the point you were trying to make, but he has a a few occasions missed wide open receivers throwing long (receivers have also dropped a few long pass attempts).

Fahque

Post by Fahque » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:07 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:

Congrats to Akem.
He had a good game. Good for him. Now he needs to maintain that and not revert back to the previous three. Completion percentage only tells part of the story when it comes to a QB, the fact that that is the only statistic you are hanging on is kind of pathetic. He could go 100 for 100 on 2 yard passes but if they don’t result in any first downs or any points, they are pretty much meaningless

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 pm

Fahque wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:07 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:

Congrats to Akem.
He had a good game. Good for him. Now he needs to maintain that and not revert back to the previous three. Completion percentage only tells part of the story when it comes to a QB, the fact that that is the only statistic you are hanging on is kind of pathetic. He could go 100 for 100 on 2 yard passes but if they don’t result in any first downs or any points, they are pretty much meaningless
Either learn something about the game, or don't respond to my posts. And don't misrepresent what I have said, or Sneed's stats.

Sneed is a terrific player. He has had multiple good games. Besides a good completion percentage, he is 3d in the conference in passing yardage. He is 2d in total offense. 3d in TD passes. While his 3 picks a couple games ago upped his total picks, he is still not high in the conference in picks per throws.

He is a very good leader. Elected captain in his first year. Very mobile. Avoids sacks. Nice runner. Nice speed.

If you want to play the game, tell us what Sneed is bad at. Otherwise, STFU on this subject.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:22 pm

grizband wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:

Congrats to Akem.
Completion percentage and ability to throw long passes aren't directly related, though. I'm not sure if that's the point you were trying to make, but he has a a few occasions missed wide open receivers throwing long (receivers have also dropped a few long pass attempts).
Every qb misses wide open receivers. QB's with high completion percentages miss fewer wide open receivers.

Maybe you should stick to commenting on the band.

Fahque

Post by Fahque » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:28 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 pm
Fahque wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:07 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:

Either learn something about the game, or don't respond to my posts. And don't misrepresent what I have said, or Sneed's stats.

Sneed is a terrific player. He has had multiple good games. Besides a good completion percentage, he is 3d in the conference in passing yardage. He is 2d in total offense. 3d in TD passes. While his 3 picks a couple games ago upped his total picks, he is still not high in the conference in picks per throws.

He is a very good leader. Elected captain in his first year. Very mobile. Avoids sacks. Nice runner. Nice speed.

If you want to play the game, tell us what Sneed is bad at. Otherwise, STFU on this subject.
Here is an idea, GFY

I never said he was a bad player. Stop putting words in people‘s posts and only reading into them what you want to

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 am

Way to f*** up yet another positive thread about a great player with your own warped agenda, PR.

In what almost certainly will be a futile attempt at bringing this back around, Sammy has had a huge sophomore campaign. He’ll be a force the next two years.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

bgbigdog
eGriz Club

Post by bgbigdog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:13 am

How about those Akem’s!
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

bgbigdog
eGriz Club

Post by bgbigdog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:17 am

bgbigdog wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:13 am
How about those Akem’s! Or A-Kems!
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

Dillon

Post by Dillon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:29 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:22 pm
grizband wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:

Every qb misses wide open receivers. QB's with high completion percentages miss fewer wide open receivers.

Maybe you should stick to commenting on the band.
Except Super Dave!