GRIZ FANS TO EWU

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
talon38
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:33 pm

With the students gone for winter break, EWU fans would appreciate the Griz faithful making the road trip to EWU to cheer on the Eagles to a TITLE game in Frisco. You can probably walk up and buy tickets at the gate. We just want it loud against Maine and are hoping some of the BSC faithful will happily join us! Tailgating will be in full force. Let’s cheer on EAGS and THE BIG SKY CONFERENCE!

Thanks..... Sincerely Talon 38
mtgrizrule
Posts: 20674
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Missoula

I want to, but work until early Saturday morning.

Plus, would this change the fact that EWU does all it can to screw GRIZ fans when we play at EWU?
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
User avatar
RobGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3727
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:39 pm
Location: Florence, Montana

Actually trying to figure out if I can make it or not. Just got a few things to work out
I'd rather the GRIZ go 9-4 and be in the FCS playoff hunt every year than go 6-5 and get an invite to play in the Whoreallygivesashit.com bowl
Bozo JrCollegeofAG
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:11 am

No real Griz fan will ever cheer for the South of Spokane birds.

Go Black Bears
User avatar
grizeyes
eGriz Club
Posts: 1336
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 pm
Location: Too Far From MT!

If I was closer I would be there in my Griz gear. EWU in the championship game is good for the Big Sky.
Hope there is a good crowd as seeing fewer fans than a AA High School game is embarrassing for the FCS, the Big Sky and especially EWU.
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature that has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
User avatar
Great Day To Be An Eagle
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Spokane

grizeyes wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:20 am
If I was closer I would be there in my Griz gear. EWU in the championship game is good for the Big Sky.
Hope there is a good crowd as seeing fewer fans than a AA High School game is embarrassing for the FCS, the Big Sky and especially EWU.
We actually don't give a shit what the outside perception of our attendance or lack of attendance in playoff games is. At least I don't. I'm not sitting there in Roos Field watching the crowd. I'm watching the football program on the field, and that is quite the opposite of an embarrassment for the Sky and for the FCS. What's on the field is one of the top 2 or maybe 3 premier teams in all FCS.

Go Eags!
Last edited by Great Day To Be An Eagle on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Image
Spanky2
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

In all the land! I don’t think so. Maybe in FCS.
User avatar
Great Day To Be An Eagle
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Spokane

Spanky2 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 am
In all the land! I don’t think so. Maybe in FCS.
Obv that's what I meant.
Image


Image
ORGUNGRIZ
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!
User avatar
info
eGriz Club
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:50 pm
Location: Back in the Big Sky

talon38 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:00 am
With the students gone for winter break, EWU fans would appreciate the Griz faithful making the road trip to EWU to cheer on the Eagles to a TITLE game in Frisco. You can probably walk up and buy tickets at the gate. We just want it loud against Maine and are hoping some of the BSC faithful will happily join us! Tailgating will be in full force. Let’s cheer on EAGS and THE BIG SKY CONFERENCE!

Thanks..... Sincerely Talon 38
I live fairly close, I might come but I wonder if I’ll be spit on, flipped off, threatened, called a sheep f###[#] like the last time I was at your stadium? Will you bring out the bedsheets with FTG on them as well? :shock:
Fan support isn't even worth arguing. UND has fans, Eastern has a bunch of Airway Heights drunks who couldn't score Coug tickets.
marceagfan5
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Small crowd for sure yesterday but it was still a blast to be there. The students being out doesn’t help. Eastern will always be the third team mist fans in Spokane roots for so that’s tough.

C’mon out Saturday, great seats, great football, and the drinks will be flowing!
User avatar
Great Day To Be An Eagle
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Spokane

ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am
Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!
I mean so says you. But that's just you projecting your own opinion on to the situation. Go find me a quote where any of these players or coaches are pissed about attendance. All I ever hear and read is how these young men are playing for each other and playing for the coaches. Go watch how thrilled coach Best was last night after that game and what it meant to win that in front of his friends and family. That's all they care about.

Yeah, it would be great if we had a 20k seat stadium full for the playoffs. but we don't. We compete against two FBS P5 programs for attention in the state. one in our backyard. And we compete against the #1 college basketball program in the nation. Also in our backyard.

Also, pretty sure we don't know what kind of fan support Montana has in December as y'all haven't played in this month in some time. Meanwhile EWU is hosting its fifth seminal game in nine years.
Image


Image
User avatar
Great Day To Be An Eagle
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Spokane

info wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:38 am
talon38 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:00 am
With the students gone for winter break, EWU fans would appreciate the Griz faithful making the road trip to EWU to cheer on the Eagles to a TITLE game in Frisco. You can probably walk up and buy tickets at the gate. We just want it loud against Maine and are hoping some of the BSC faithful will happily join us! Tailgating will be in full force. Let’s cheer on EAGS and THE BIG SKY CONFERENCE!

Thanks..... Sincerely Talon 38
I live fairly close, I might come but I wonder if I’ll be spit on, flipped off, threatened, called a sheep f***[*] like the last time I was at your stadium? Will you bring out the bedsheets with FTG on them as well? :shock:
Why would we have bedsheets saying "FTG" when we're playing Maine?
Image


Image
User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 25913
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Great Day To Be An Eagle wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 am
ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am
Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!
I mean so says you. But that's just you projecting your own opinion on to the situation. Go find me a quote where any of these players or coaches are pissed about attendance. All I ever hear and read is how these young men are playing for each other and playing for the coaches. Go watch how thrilled coach Best was last night after that game and what it meant to win that in front of his friends and family. That's all they care about.

Yeah, it would be great if we had a 20k seat stadium full for the playoffs. but we don't. We compete against two FBS P5 programs for attention in the state. one in our backyard. And we compete against the #1 college basketball program in the nation. Also in our backyard.

Also, pretty sure we don't know what kind of fan support Montana has in December as y'all haven't played in this month in some time. Meanwhile EWU is hosting its fifth seminal game in nine years.
:lol: Jesus but you’re a vitriolic little [#]f### aren’t you?

It’s a good thing Best was excited about winning in front of his family and friends, because that’s ALL that was there.

It’s fans like you that would make me avoid the stadium this weekend even if I f###[#] lived in Cheney.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 18258
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Great Day To Be An Eagle wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 am
ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am
Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!
I mean so says you. But that's just you projecting your own opinion on to the situation. Go find me a quote where any of these players or coaches are pissed about attendance. All I ever hear and read is how these young men are playing for each other and playing for the coaches. Go watch how thrilled coach Best was last night after that game and what it meant to win that in front of his friends and family. That's all they care about.

Yeah, it would be great if we had a 20k seat stadium full for the playoffs. but we don't. We compete against two FBS P5 programs for attention in the state. one in our backyard. And we compete against the #1 college basketball program in the nation. Also in our backyard.

Also, pretty sure we don't know what kind of fan support Montana has in December as y'all haven't played in this month in some time. Meanwhile EWU is hosting its fifth seminal game in nine years.
You comment on your lack of fans quite often for someone who doesn't care about your lack of fans.
User avatar
Great Day To Be An Eagle
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Spokane

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:58 am
Great Day To Be An Eagle wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 am
ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am
Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!
I mean so says you. But that's just you projecting your own opinion on to the situation. Go find me a quote where any of these players or coaches are pissed about attendance. All I ever hear and read is how these young men are playing for each other and playing for the coaches. Go watch how thrilled coach Best was last night after that game and what it meant to win that in front of his friends and family. That's all they care about.

Yeah, it would be great if we had a 20k seat stadium full for the playoffs. but we don't. We compete against two FBS P5 programs for attention in the state. one in our backyard. And we compete against the #1 college basketball program in the nation. Also in our backyard.

Also, pretty sure we don't know what kind of fan support Montana has in December as y'all haven't played in this month in some time. Meanwhile EWU is hosting its fifth seminal game in nine years.
You comment on your lack of fans quite often for someone who doesn't care about your lack of fans.
I care about real information and trying to correct this bullshit narrative that y'all are obsessed with. There are like 3 threads on here about our attendance. Why don't you worry about your own empty stadium.
Image


Image
HookedonGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 8069
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am
Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!
Actually the NDSU crowds have been their lowest in years. They only got 17k to their first game and 16k to this last one. Their stadium holds close to 19k. I think NDSU fans are getting bored or complacent.
User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 18258
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Great Day To Be An Eagle wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 am
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:58 am
Great Day To Be An Eagle wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 am
ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am
Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!
I mean so says you. But that's just you projecting your own opinion on to the situation. Go find me a quote where any of these players or coaches are pissed about attendance. All I ever hear and read is how these young men are playing for each other and playing for the coaches. Go watch how thrilled coach Best was last night after that game and what it meant to win that in front of his friends and family. That's all they care about.

Yeah, it would be great if we had a 20k seat stadium full for the playoffs. but we don't. We compete against two FBS P5 programs for attention in the state. one in our backyard. And we compete against the #1 college basketball program in the nation. Also in our backyard.

Also, pretty sure we don't know what kind of fan support Montana has in December as y'all haven't played in this month in some time. Meanwhile EWU is hosting its fifth seminal game in nine years.
You comment on your lack of fans quite often for someone who doesn't care about your lack of fans.
I care about real information and trying to correct this bullshit narrative that y'all are obsessed with. There are like 3 threads on here about our attendance. Why don't you worry about your own empty stadium.
Nice to know that you care so much about what Griz fans think that you crusade on eGriz about it.
You really seem to not care about your lack of fans.
Obsessed? Mirror time, bud.
User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 18258
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Great Day To Be An Eagle wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am
info wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:38 am
talon38 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:00 am
With the students gone for winter break, EWU fans would appreciate the Griz faithful making the road trip to EWU to cheer on the Eagles to a TITLE game in Frisco. You can probably walk up and buy tickets at the gate. We just want it loud against Maine and are hoping some of the BSC faithful will happily join us! Tailgating will be in full force. Let’s cheer on EAGS and THE BIG SKY CONFERENCE!

Thanks..... Sincerely Talon 38
I live fairly close, I might come but I wonder if I’ll be spit on, flipped off, threatened, called a sheep f***[*] like the last time I was at your stadium? Will you bring out the bedsheets with FTG on them as well? :shock:
Why would we have bedsheets saying "FTG" when we're playing Maine?
The same reason that you need to let eGriz users know how much you don't care that EWU has very, very few fans. I mean, you must really not care super hard.
User avatar
fanofzoo
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:08 am
Location: missoula

talon38 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:00 am
With the students gone for winter break, EWU fans would appreciate the Griz faithful making the road trip to EWU to cheer on the Eagles to a TITLE game in Frisco. You can probably walk up and buy tickets at the gate. We just want it loud against Maine and are hoping some of the BSC faithful will happily join us! Tailgating will be in full force. Let’s cheer on EAGS and THE BIG SKY CONFERENCE!

Thanks..... Sincerely Talon 38
Two chances, no, make that no chance.....Go Bears...good luck on Tampon field
Post Reply