• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch to Texas St

uofmman1122 said:
Looks like cat fans can go back to thinking he's an awful QB. :lol:

POTY nominee! You know some of them will completely change their tune now. I can see some “well I gotta admit I wasn’t too excited about him and think our other QBs have more upside”

HookedonGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

POTY nominee! You know some of them will completely change their tune now. I can see some “well I gotta admit I wasn’t too excited about him and think our other QBs have more upside”

HAHA, "bad mechanics" and "Murray is back anyway"

Can't blame the kid going to FBS, it's just too bad his talent will be wasted for "facilities". Texas state has gone 2-22 in conference in the last 3 years. With him being a junior, unless a miracle in Texas happens his exposure will be less than what could be in FCS.

It is interesting how this played out. I think we are seeing the maturity level of GJ, which is not surprising for a 20 year old, but he wasted a lot of energy on his disdain for UM. He also revealed his character by not wanting to have open competition last spring. I wish both GJ and Coach Stitt well.

George Ferguson said:
HookedonGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

You know 100% that is coming. I saw some posters claimed that Gresh reached out to Coach Choate to become a bobcat.....so does that mean Coach Choate really really really does suck at recruiting quarterbacks if he can’t even seal the deal on this one?

HookedonGriz said:
George Ferguson said:
HookedonGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

You know 100% that is coming. I saw some posters claimed that Gresh reached out to Coach Choate to become a bobcat.....so does that mean Coach Choate really really really does suck at recruiting quarterbacks if he can’t even seal the deal on this one?

He 100% reached out to Choate. However, once Stitt got the OC job at Texas State, those dots were gonna connect inevitably. Great kid/player and I wish him the best!

Vim you are the classiest Cat fan ever. There is no doubt he probably reached out to Choate. Just glad it didn't come to fruition. That would have not been good for the Griz. I am 1000 percent Griz fan but have to admit I was scared if Gresch went to the Cats.

VimSince03 said:
He 100% reached out to Choate. However, once Stitt got the OC job at Texas State, those dots were gonna connect inevitably. Great kid/player and I wish him the best!

Fully agree Vim. I hope they (Jensen & Stitt) have great success. :ugeek:

Grizwold said:
Vim you are the classiest Cat fan ever. There is no doubt he probably reached out to Choate. Just glad it didn't come to fruition. That would have not been good for the Griz. I am 1000 percent Griz fan but have to admit I was scared if Gresch went to the Cats.

scared?….good grief!...this is one Griz fan who really didn't care what Bobcat he would be...I don't
think it really matter whether MSU got him or not..the Griz will have more worries than the Cats..EWU..UCD...and others! 1000 percent Griz fan..Hmmm..we have really fallen!

The Cats will get someone else. If Brugman is any indicator on how Choate is able to dicern quaterback talent than MSU is looking at Troy Anderson again next year.

Tacoma5 said:
Can't blame the kid going to FBS, it's just too bad his talent will be wasted for "facilities". Texas state has gone 2-22 in conference in the last 3 years. With him being a junior, unless a miracle in Texas happens his exposure will be less than what could be in FCS.

Exactly......Texas State is a bottom dweller and will be regardless of Jensen or Stitt.

bigtyme said:
It is interesting how this played out. I think we are seeing the maturity level of GJ, which is not surprising for a 20 year old, but he wasted a lot of energy on his disdain for UM. He also revealed his character by not wanting to have open competition last spring. I wish both GJ and Coach Stitt well.

That’s why he went where Stitt is.....won’t have to compete....

Back