Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 16200
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:42 pm

poorgriz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:20 am
bigsky33 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:45 am
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:42 am


Yes, but did he stick a twig into a termite mound and eat the delectable rewards of such trickery? Doubtful. His OC May be capable of such feats, but Neanderthal man will likely lose him to another program in the near future. Offensive genius and QB recruiting could be the Achilles of Sponge Boob’s program and their rise to prominence in the BSC.
But, he is good at beating the Griz.
Got to give him that. Thus far it is probably the only thing that saved his job. Lucky for him the Griz had no consistency for almost a decade. He may have one more year at most of beating the Griz. Maybe. Bobby is going to getting rolling again and anyone who thinks differently is simply naive. The stadium, history of the program, coaching and continuity with the offensive and defensive systems are going to turn the tide. EWU will continue to be tough. Everyone else better buckle their seatbelts.
I agree Hauck will get the griz back to being a good program. But if you don't think Choate is building a powerful program at MSU (And he has a head start over Hauck), then you're not paying attention, or you don't understand football. U.C. Davis, and Weber are also going to continue to be contenders every year as well.
Totally agree about Choach. As others have noted, he's an innovator who wants a powerful and balanced offense, a great defense, and amazing special teams. When he is able to put those pieces of the puzzle together with his guys, we could be looking at some third place banners to hang from the North/Northeast bleachers. With exactly one winning season in the history of his head coaching career, and an overall losing record, you guys will be lucky to keep him.

George Ferguson
Posts: 5940
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:35 pm
Location: Havre, MT
Former Name: havgrizfan

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by George Ferguson » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:13 pm

poorgriz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:20 am
bigsky33 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:45 am
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:42 am


Yes, but did he stick a twig into a termite mound and eat the delectable rewards of such trickery? Doubtful. His OC May be capable of such feats, but Neanderthal man will likely lose him to another program in the near future. Offensive genius and QB recruiting could be the Achilles of Sponge Boob’s program and their rise to prominence in the BSC.
But, he is good at beating the Griz.
Got to give him that. Thus far it is probably the only thing that saved his job. Lucky for him the Griz had no consistency for almost a decade. He may have one more year at most of beating the Griz. Maybe. Bobby is going to getting rolling again and anyone who thinks differently is simply naive. The stadium, history of the program, coaching and continuity with the offensive and defensive systems are going to turn the tide. EWU will continue to be tough. Everyone else better buckle their seatbelts.
I agree Hauck will get the griz back to being a good program. But if you don't think Choate is building a powerful program at MSU (And he has a head start over Hauck), then you're not paying attention, or you don't understand football. U.C. Davis, and Weber are also going to continue to be contenders every year as well.
The word powerful is an awfully strong word. NDSU is powerful, and no matter how you want to spin it, the Cats (like everyone else) didn't remotely come close to hanging with that power. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The Bobcats are good, they have have good players and coaches, but powerful? Not yet, and it remains to be seen if they ever get there.

As for Weber, they graduate a TON on defense AND if they ever want to be powerful, at least what I consider powerful, they better find something better than Constantine at QB.

User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 16200
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:35 pm

George Ferguson wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:13 pm
poorgriz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:20 am
bigsky33 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:45 am


But, he is good at beating the Griz.
Got to give him that. Thus far it is probably the only thing that saved his job. Lucky for him the Griz had no consistency for almost a decade. He may have one more year at most of beating the Griz. Maybe. Bobby is going to getting rolling again and anyone who thinks differently is simply naive. The stadium, history of the program, coaching and continuity with the offensive and defensive systems are going to turn the tide. EWU will continue to be tough. Everyone else better buckle their seatbelts.
I agree Hauck will get the griz back to being a good program. But if you don't think Choate is building a powerful program at MSU (And he has a head start over Hauck), then you're not paying attention, or you don't understand football. U.C. Davis, and Weber are also going to continue to be contenders every year as well.
The word powerful is an awfully strong word. NDSU is powerful, and no matter how you want to spin it, the Cats (like everyone else) didn't remotely come close to hanging with that power. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The Bobcats are good, they have have good players and coaches, but powerful? Not yet, and it remains to be seen if they ever get there.

As for Weber, they graduate a TON on defense AND if they ever want to be powerful, at least what I consider powerful, they better find something better than Constantine at QB.
George, George, George, George...George. George. You're not understanding that Choach wants a balanced offense, great defense, and great special teams. All he has to do is get those things, and the sky is the limit. We're not talking about some long time HC with an overall winning record over a couple decades. We're talking about a true innovator. Riverboat Choach. There are going to be some growing pains, such as three seasons with an overall losing record. But if you don't see that he's building a national power in Bozeman, then you simply must not be a Bobcat fan.

User avatar
DuCharme
Posts: 5538
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by DuCharme » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 pm

I’d think the Cats would tire of having a program equivalent to the Winchester house.

User avatar
cclarkblues
Moderator
Posts: 7054
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: The flatlands - Blgs

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by cclarkblues » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:48 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:35 pm
George Ferguson wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:13 pm
poorgriz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:20 am


Got to give him that. Thus far it is probably the only thing that saved his job. Lucky for him the Griz had no consistency for almost a decade. He may have one more year at most of beating the Griz. Maybe. Bobby is going to getting rolling again and anyone who thinks differently is simply naive. The stadium, history of the program, coaching and continuity with the offensive and defensive systems are going to turn the tide. EWU will continue to be tough. Everyone else better buckle their seatbelts.
I agree Hauck will get the griz back to being a good program. But if you don't think Choate is building a powerful program at MSU (And he has a head start over Hauck), then you're not paying attention, or you don't understand football. U.C. Davis, and Weber are also going to continue to be contenders every year as well.
The word powerful is an awfully strong word. NDSU is powerful, and no matter how you want to spin it, the Cats (like everyone else) didn't remotely come close to hanging with that power. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The Bobcats are good, they have have good players and coaches, but powerful? Not yet, and it remains to be seen if they ever get there.

As for Weber, they graduate a TON on defense AND if they ever want to be powerful, at least what I consider powerful, they better find something better than Constantine at QB.
George, George, George, George...George. George. You're not understanding that Choach wants a balanced offense, great defense, and great special teams. All he has to do is get those things, and the sky is the limit. We're not talking about some long time HC with an overall winning record over a couple decades. We're talking about a true innovator. Riverboat Choach. There are going to be some growing pains, such as three seasons with an overall losing record. But if you don't see that he's building a national power in Bozeman, then you simply must not be a Bobcat fan.
He's playing chess in five dimensions while the rest of us are drawing tic tac to on a cave wall.
The Dude Abides

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 6997
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by HookedonGriz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:05 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:35 pm
George Ferguson wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:13 pm
poorgriz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:20 am


Got to give him that. Thus far it is probably the only thing that saved his job. Lucky for him the Griz had no consistency for almost a decade. He may have one more year at most of beating the Griz. Maybe. Bobby is going to getting rolling again and anyone who thinks differently is simply naive. The stadium, history of the program, coaching and continuity with the offensive and defensive systems are going to turn the tide. EWU will continue to be tough. Everyone else better buckle their seatbelts.
I agree Hauck will get the griz back to being a good program. But if you don't think Choate is building a powerful program at MSU (And he has a head start over Hauck), then you're not paying attention, or you don't understand football. U.C. Davis, and Weber are also going to continue to be contenders every year as well.
The word powerful is an awfully strong word. NDSU is powerful, and no matter how you want to spin it, the Cats (like everyone else) didn't remotely come close to hanging with that power. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The Bobcats are good, they have have good players and coaches, but powerful? Not yet, and it remains to be seen if they ever get there.

As for Weber, they graduate a TON on defense AND if they ever want to be powerful, at least what I consider powerful, they better find something better than Constantine at QB.
George, George, George, George...George. George. You're not understanding that Choach wants a balanced offense, great defense, and great special teams. All he has to do is get those things, and the sky is the limit. We're not talking about some long time HC with an overall winning record over a couple decades. We're talking about a true innovator. Riverboat Choach. There are going to be some growing pains, such as three seasons with an overall losing record. But if you don't see that he's building a national power in Bozeman, then you simply must not be a Bobcat fan.
This is way too good to not get get some POTY love.

Ursus1
eGriz Club
Posts: 4138
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:57 am

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by Ursus1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Well he is 3-0 against the Griz so there is that and 1-0 against Bobby with a better record this season and playoff games. So perhaps if we don't laugh at MSU, we will cry at the status of UM football.

User avatar
Copper Griz
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Big Sky

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by Copper Griz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Ursus1 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 pm
Well he is 3-0 against the Griz so there is that and 1-0 against Bobby with a better record this season and playoff games. So perhaps if we don't laugh at MSU, we will cry at the status of UM football.
I will do neither sir. I will laugh at Cats fans - always. I will not cry about the status of UM. Bobby’s first year back and it goes to the damn wire. Could have realistically gone either way. Congrats to the Cats for the win. Congrats to Hauck for keeping the team competitive in almost every game. Yep - with an o line that was pretty damn decimated and a new system in place. Griz has a realistic win loss record given the situation. Griz will be fine and egriz posters can finally stop filling their Valum scripts in the near future. Things are going to turn around. This is not BH’s first rodeo.
Everyone thinks trolls live under a bridge. They don't, they live in their Mom's basement.

User avatar
Copper Griz
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Big Sky

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by Copper Griz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:53 pm

poorgriz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:20 am
bigsky33 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:45 am
Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:42 am


Yes, but did he stick a twig into a termite mound and eat the delectable rewards of such trickery? Doubtful. His OC May be capable of such feats, but Neanderthal man will likely lose him to another program in the near future. Offensive genius and QB recruiting could be the Achilles of Sponge Boob’s program and their rise to prominence in the BSC.
But, he is good at beating the Griz.
Got to give him that. Thus far it is probably the only thing that saved his job. Lucky for him the Griz had no consistency for almost a decade. He may have one more year at most of beating the Griz. Maybe. Bobby is going to getting rolling again and anyone who thinks differently is simply naive. The stadium, history of the program, coaching and continuity with the offensive and defensive systems are going to turn the tide. EWU will continue to be tough. Everyone else better buckle their seatbelts.
I agree Hauck will get the griz back to being a good program. But if you don't think Choate is building a powerful program at MSU (And he has a head start over Hauck), then you're not paying attention, or you don't understand football. U.C. Davis, and Weber are also going to continue to be contenders every year as well.
Choate was one loss away from oh shit this season. He was damn lucky to win against the Griz. I don’t think he is building a powerful program. Three years in and they are mediocre. Call it what you will - that team was defintely mediocre.
Everyone thinks trolls live under a bridge. They don't, they live in their Mom's basement.

Mo$$
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by Mo$$ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:12 pm

SeattleBobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Cats were hard after both Gresh and UCLA transfer QB Devon Modster. Modster just announced his commitment to Cal.

Not sure if that will have some trickle effect to a big time recruit we are after in QB Dominick Maziotti who Cal is after, too.
I can't wait for Choate to make it 4 in a row, you keep degenerating more and more after every loss. You're f***[*] pathetic.
Wow! Somebody's tired of peeing on their own balls!

dayday
eGriz Club
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by dayday » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 pm


User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by kemajic » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:18 pm

dayday wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 pm
Love the class....

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... da6c9.html
May speak volumes of why Cole is no longer there; why would there be an offer for this production in the first place? "As a senior, Ekern completed 107 of 215 passes (49.8 percent) for 1,397 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions, according to MaxPreps.com." Doubt that makes the grade with Miller.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

User avatar
Ursa Major
eGriz Club
Posts: 8840
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by Ursa Major » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:41 pm

kemajic wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:18 pm
dayday wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 pm
Love the class....

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... da6c9.html
May speak volumes of why Cole is no longer there; why would there be an offer for this production in the first place? "As a senior, Ekern completed 107 of 215 passes (49.8 percent) for 1,397 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions, according to MaxPreps.com." Doubt that makes the grade with Miller.
Those stats suggest that the kid is a perfect fit for a Choachote quarterback--49.8% seems to be the balanced offense that Chote is looking for.

Is this the kind of thing that happens when you annually offer 200 kids?
Post Like A Champion!

Blgs Griz Fan
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:17 am
Location: Billings

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by Blgs Griz Fan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Ursa Major wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:43 pm
I think you guys are missing the point. It has been well documented here by cat posters. Coachoate is an innovative thinker. Sure, most of you can spell University correctly. But, he’s an innovator and bringing in the next evolution of football: quarterback-less football.

This shit’s chess, it ain’t checkers

In the future, Children will rest under the shade of his statue next to a shit pond.
And the pigeons will appropriately do to that statue what they do to most statues.

Grizwold
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by Grizwold » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:33 am

Cats will take a step back on D next year. They lose 3 D lineman. That was their strength on D. Their offense will run the ball and be successful but can they pass? They will be competitive but not dominant. Both programs need some kick ass D lineman. Griz don't lose as much on D line but we are no where close to what we need to be. Not to mention our corners. And don't say Calhoun. Dude never got off a block all year to make a tackle. Not impressed.

dayday
eGriz Club
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by dayday » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:07 am

Grizwold wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:33 am
Cats will take a step back on D next year. They lose 3 D lineman. That was their strength on D. Their offense will run the ball and be successful but can they pass? They will be competitive but not dominant. Both programs need some kick ass D lineman. Griz don't lose as much on D line but we are no where close to what we need to be. Not to mention our corners. And don't say Calhoun. Dude never got off a block all year to make a tackle. Not impressed.
Their D-line will still be pretty good with Sterk who led the league in sacks I believe. The Washington transfer, Derek Marks. They will have Chase Benson and that Texas kid at DT. So they will be very solid again next year. They are better set then us on the line. Besides Sims we have some spots open for the taking especially at nose now that Shaw graduated.

User avatar
CatzWillRise
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:31 am

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by CatzWillRise » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:58 pm

I can’t even decipher half the gibberish on this site anymore.
"What kind of losers put quotes of other posters in their avatars?" - PlayerRep

User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 16200
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by CDAGRIZ » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 pm

CatzWillRise wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:58 pm
I can’t even decipher half the gibberish on this site anymore.
Not surprise of thing of understand whereOne got of a git when a Choach was done that all fore time to talk. Time indeed to talk but Eve don't. Topical.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 6997
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by HookedonGriz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:10 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 pm
CatzWillRise wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:58 pm
I can’t even decipher half the gibberish on this site anymore.
Not surprise of thing of understand whereOne got of a git when a Choach was done that all fore time to talk. Time indeed to talk but Eve don't. Topical.
I’m starting to realize Gresch went with Stitt more out of complete and utter fear that Choate would not honor his scholarship and not tell him about it until it was too late. The word is out!

User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 16200
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: Choate Misses on Gresch and Modster

Post by CDAGRIZ » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:16 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:10 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 pm
CatzWillRise wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:58 pm
I can’t even decipher half the gibberish on this site anymore.
Not surprise of thing of understand whereOne got of a git when a Choach was done that all fore time to talk. Time indeed to talk but Eve don't. Topical.
I’m starting to realize Gresch went with Stitt more out of complete and utter fear that Choate would not honor his scholarship and not tell him about it until it was too late. The word is out!
Garuff, alright. Three times even for fires and stool did.

Post Reply