• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz RB's

Paytonlives

Staff member
This is all the Griz have on the roster...

4 Rey Green R-Jr. RB 5-11 205 Vancouver, Wash. / Union HS
25 Adam Eastwood R-So. RB 6-1 215 Del Mar, Calif. / Cathedral Catholic
32 Drew Turner R-Fr. RB 6-0 210 Kalispell, Mont. / Glacier HS
TBD Elias Dewaters Fr. RB 5-10 185 Missoula, Mont. / Sentinel HS
TBD Nick Ostmo Fr. RB 6-0 215 Portland, Ore. / Lincoln HS

Will be interesting if UM rides with these dudes or looks for another Upperclassman.

Seriously, with the way Flowers runs, I believe he can be a great rb. I wouldn't hesitate to change him to RB. I won't be surprised if it happens either.

What about the kid from Big Sky High (?) who carried the ball a few times toward the end of the season?

mtgrizrule said:
Greg Bell, is a great possible addition too.

I think Bell is a real, long, long shot. I know he's following some Griz guys, and the Hauck recruiting connection from SDSU, BUT, with transfer rules changing, and with the offers he had coming out of his JC, which included Boise State, Arizona State and Arizona, as well as obviously, Nebraska, I would be stunned if he ends up in the FCS. He was the No. 2 JUCO running back in the Class of 18, he's LEGIT. Another FBS will certainly want him. Otherwise, I'm not sure why Frost would even bother blocking him from transferring to another Big 10 school, as well as all opponents Nebraska plays through 2020, which he did. He also blocked him from going to Oregon State because Smith, via Mike Riley was taking every Nebraska transfer who didn't want to play Frost.

George Ferguson said:
mtgrizrule said:

I think Bell is a real, long, long shot. I know he's following some Griz guys, and the Hauck recruiting connection from SDSU, BUT, with transfer rules changing, and with the offers he had coming out of his JC, which included Boise State, Arizona State and Arizona, as well as obviously, Nebraska, I would be stunned if he ends up in the FCS. He was the No. 2 JUCO running back in the Class of 18, he's LEGIT. Another FBS will certainly want him. Otherwise, I'm not sure why Frost would even bother blocking him from transferring to another Big 10 school, as well as all opponents Nebraska plays through 2020, which he did. He also blocked him from going to Oregon State because Smith, via Mike Riley was taking every Nebraska transfer who didn't want to play Frost.

You are probably right, but he would have to sit out another year to transfer FBS to FBS, thus wasting one of his four years of eligibility.

GraniteGriz80 said:
Garret Graves. Is listed as qb but every time he played during a game, he played rb.

+1

I'd like to see him more at the RB position. I thought he did quite well albeit in limited action.

grzz said:
George Ferguson said:
mtgrizrule said:

You are probably right, but he would have to sit out another year to transfer FBS to FBS, thus wasting one of his four years of eligibility.

Ding ding ding. And I beleive he only has 2 years left, correct? It may be a long shot, but they are all checking each other out.

Now that Bobby has made improvements on the OL, we should see blocking for the RB’s so there will be running lanes. Hopefully, he can pick up one more quality OL transfer, either JC or FBS. With that, existing RB’s should get the job done.

WyomingGrizFan said:
GraniteGriz80 said:
Garret Graves. Is listed as qb but every time he played during a game, he played rb.

+1

I'd like to see him more at the RB position. I thought he did quite well albeit in limited action.

He reminds me of the way Troy Andersen runs. He's no TA, but his hard, aggressive, style reminded me of TA.

George Ferguson said:
mtgrizrule said:

Can he transfer to FBS and play immediately? Did he already take a RS year? He’s a confusing case...

AZGrizFan said:
George Ferguson said:
mtgrizrule said:

Can he transfer to FBS and play immediately? Did he already take a RS year? He’s a confusing case...

There is mutual interest there. It’s more because he is familiar with Coach Green than Hauck. He hasn’t had a lot of buzz from other schools so I could totally see it as realistic or maybe already happened. I think regardless we are going to get one more guy that is a change of pace from the bruiser RBs we have. Juco rbs are being looked at and FBS RBs decide to transfer all the time so it’s possible. Jan. 10th is an important date if anyone is going to be here for Spring ball (I think you can also enroll as late as 2 weeks into the semester). Also when summer school starts is another date to keep an eye on.

Back