• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

'Voice of the Bobcats' resigned amidst sexual harassment investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerRep

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/voice-of-the-bobcats-resigned-amidst-sexual-harassment-investigation/article_8364a5a2-dee3-5d0a-8791-c4f3a6da507c.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

"Amie Just, now a sports reporter for the New Orleans Times-Picayune, filed a formal complaint in September alleging repeated “intentional and unwanted” contact by Sanderson during her tenure covering University of Montana football. Just said Sanderson touched her buttocks. He also sent her suggestive texts, according to the report.

Sanderson resigned Dec. 29 and moved his wife and children to Wichita, Kansas, his hometown, citing “family health issues.” In an email exchange with 406mtsports.com Wednesday, he said his father had undergone surgery for a brain tumor last week."

"“The assaults and harassment are why I decided to pursue a new opportunity and leave Montana,” Just said. “I was prepared to leave the journalism industry altogether had I not found another job.”

In a phone interview Thursday, Sanderson said Just’s allegations are “completely false -- 100 percent made up.”

“I think that’s going to bear out when all is said and done. My wife knows that it’s not true, those closest to me know it’s not true, I’ve got a lot of really good people supporting me. It’s not true. I didn’t do what she said I did,” Sanderson said."

The assaults and harassment are why I decided to pursue a new opportunity and leave Montana,” Just said. “I was prepared to leave the journalism industry altogether had I not found another job.”

Sorry for the pain this caused you Amie & that you felt it had to come to that.

A terrible injustice that you had to experience those events, Amie. I thoroughly enjoyed your coverage of our Griz and applaud your professional manner. Best of luck to you in your new position.

Wow, after reading the entire article and seeing the text messages this POS sent to Amie, how could he possibly deny this happened or his intent? His own words will condemn him. What a piece of shit.

HookedonGriz said:
Wow, after reading the entire article and seeing the text messages this POS sent to Amie, how could he possibly deny this happened or his intent? His own words will condemn him. What a piece of shit.

It was just a little joke between friends....SMH

grizindabox said:
HookedonGriz said:

It was just a little joke between friends....SMH

Lol

This is horrible, the guy is a joke, sorry Amie that you had to go through that and hope you have found a peaceful transition.

HookedonGriz said:

WOW! That is absolutely ridiculous. I think that in today's society there is a bit of jump to conclusion with some of this stuff, for example telling someone they look nice can be seen as sexual. This, though, is outrageous. How can he deny what he did and was out of context? I was getting the creeps just reading those!
Amie, I loved your coverage of the Griz and wish you nothing but the best.

I'm just happy to not hear that "TouchDown m--tana st-te" in the voice he put on when saying it !!! ..
I liked the way Amie covered the Griz though and sad to see her gone, especially now that it turns out why she left ...:(

What a creep. Not sure how he can deny those texts were inappropriate. Hope Amie feels better now that her story is out there. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.

Geezus, that guy sounds like a total creep. It's one thing to get a little drunk and say something stupid but this guy seems to be a repeat offender.

mtmopars said:
I'm just happy to not hear that "TouchDown m--tana st-te" in the voice he put on when saying it !!! ..
I liked the way Amie covered the Griz though and sad to see her gone, especially now that it turns out why she left ...:(

You and me both :thumb:

Does this mean they will stop chanting "Eat Shit Grizzlies No Means No" when they're playing Portland State or Northern Colorado?

Rhetorical question of course.

Sounds bad, but a news article is not proof. Will see what the investigation finds.

Story just hit MSN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/montana-state-broadcaster’s-resignation-came-amidst-sexual-misconduct-sexual-harassment-investigation/ar-BBROHP2?li=BBnb7Kz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back