• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Grade Coach Hauck's 2019 Recruiting Class

Some other key pieces still coming. He won some big time head-to-head battles on a number of our in state and out of state star recruits. I give him a solid B and will climb once it’s final ;)

I think it's a bit early. Let's wait until after spring signing, as the roster will be closer to fall. I'd say incomplete as well, with some A's scattered with D's, unless we can get a bit of help.

AllWeatherFan said:
I'll go first:

Incomplete. I assume we will have some late additions, otherwise, a solid C-.

We're still trying to grade Stitt's 2016 class FFS. :? :?

In relation to filling areas of need: B
- Hauck signed a few offensive linemen, which is clearly an area of need for the Griz. The 2019 class includes at least one player from every position (except DT), and includes some of the top in-state talent.

In relation to expected performance: Who knows
- Recruit classes cannot really be assessed until 3-4 years in, when most of the people from the class are upperclassmen.

BWahlberg said:
14/10 stars

giphy.gif

Just a question. Does 247 or Rivals or others do an assessment of FCS recruiting? The FBS assessment is already out but I don't see anything comparable for FCS.

grizghost said:
...Bobby will coach them up and than will know...think of Mariani and Reynolds.(walk ons)

When’s he going to start coaching up the ones he’s got?

#BOOM!! :lol:

sdk.catfish said:
Just a question. Does 247 or Rivals or others do an assessment of FCS recruiting? The FBS assessment is already out but I don't see anything comparable for FCS.

I don't think they will be very kind to UM seeing the class so far.

sdk.catfish said:

Ya but they’re basically just adding up stars.

grizband said:
In relation to filling areas of need: B
- Hauck signed a few offensive linemen, which is clearly an area of need for the Griz. The 2019 class includes at least one player from every position (except DT), and includes some of the top in-state talent.

In relation to expected performance: Who knows
- Recruit classes cannot really be assessed until 3-4 years in, when most of the people from the class are upperclassmen.

I’m guessing Garrison Poetzl will become a DT. Plus it’s widely speculated by the “experts” on eGriz that Esai Longoria and possibly Cy Sirmon will shift back to the D next year. If Longoria moved over to the O to build depth, then it’s only logical for him to return where depth is now a much bigger need. Sirmon’s a bigger question being that he started the last half of the year. With Kordell Pillans now here though, there’s a possible replacement.

Back