• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"College Football Invitational"

IdaGriz01

Phrase was used by a writer who, among other points, questioned use of the word "playoff" for what the big boys do and compared it unfavorably to the FCS football playoff. I thought the description was very much appropriate and decided it deserved a place here. Basically the "good old boys" invite four of their favorite buddies to a little (but big $$$) coffee klatsch and call it a playoff. He was not hopeful that anything would change -- like even an expansion to 8 teams -- any time soon.

Anybody watching, BTW? We're recording, just in case it turns out to be a decent game, but not watching live.

IdaGriz01 said:
Phrase was used by a writer who, among other points, questioned use of the word "playoff" for what the big boys do and compared it unfavorably to the FCS football playoff. I thought the description was very much appropriate and decided it deserved a place here. Basically the "good old boys" invite four of their favorite buddies to a little (but big $$$) coffee klatsch and call it a playoff. He was not hopeful that anything would change -- like even an expansion to 8 teams -- any time soon.

Anybody watching, BTW? We're recording, just in case it turns out to be a decent game, but not watching live.
Yeppers, I am. Clemson up by 15 at half.

In case anyone needs a case study on how to make a dominant offense like Alabama look silly, look no further than this game. If you ever need a case study in never letting up on the gas, look no further than this game. The schemes, the twists, the blitz packages, the outright disruption caused by Clemson’s front 7 was poetry in motion. It was beautiful to behold. Alabam’s O Line was flummoxed and befuddled all game by these guys.

Watching Clemson WITHOUT A RUN GAME dominate the Crimson Tide was something else. That Frosh they have slinging it looks like a veteran nfl starter. He is going to be a holy terror for the rest of his career.

It was a special kind of game... I got to see Alabama get an unholy beat down in front of the entire country and I loved every minute of it!

PDXGrizzly said:
In case anyone needs a case study on how to make a dominant offense like Alabama look silly, look no further than this game. If you ever need a case study in never letting up on the gas, look no further than this game. The schemes, the twists, the blitz packages, the outright disruption caused by Clemson’s front 7 was poetry in motion. It was beautiful to behold. Alabam’s O Line was flummoxed and befuddled all game by these guys.

Watching Clemson WITHOUT A RUN GAME dominate the Crimson Tide was something else. That Frosh they have slinging it looks like a veteran nfl starter. He is going to be a holy terror for the rest of his career.

It was a special kind of game... I got to see Alabama get an unholy beat down in front of the entire country and I loved every minute of it!

While I wouldn't agree that Clemson didn't have a run game (135 yards at over 4 yards a carry) it obviously wasn't dominant, but I do agree on the QB. Lawrence is amazing and his favorite target (Ross) is also a true freshman. It was a blast watching Alabama get rolled.

Griz2k said:
PDXGrizzly said:

While I wouldn't agree that Clemson didn't have a run game (135 yards at over 4 yards a carry) it obviously wasn't dominant, but I do agree on the QB. Lawrence is amazing and his favorite target (Ross) is also a true freshman. It was a blast watching Alabama get rolled.

Some of that were bigger gains in the end, even with the backups in there. Generally they carried for about 3-4 ypc, but just enough to make them honor it. I loved every second of that beatdown and was hoping for them to score again just to get over 50.

IdaGriz01 said:

What game ? is there something on ?

Back