• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ESPN Article Featuring Bob Stitt

socalgriz2344

Thought everyone might get a chuckle out of this. It’s on ESPN.com right now.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25706996/the-scenes-story-trick-play-taking-nfl-nfl-2018

Interesting that one play can make a coach look like innovative. Overall, I though Stitt's offense lacked much creativity.

ranco said:
Interesting that one play can make a coach look like innovative. Overall, I though Stitt's offense lacked much creativity.

I thought the same thing. I was very excited when he took over, liked the 100 plays a game, liked the 4th down gambles. The reality was he didn't seem to use a lot of motion, didn't seem to adapt his read progressions, didn't vary his formations. Seemed to get scared off after a loss or two, started punting, stopped hurrying, stopped any fly-sweep concepts and went bubble-screen far too often.

That being said, I'm a big fan of his ideas and his conduct and wish him nothing but the best.

ranco said:

Arizona just hired a failed college coach who was literally all style & little substance. & stop & think about this for a minute - he coached Pat Mahomes & couldn’t win anything. Forget everything you know about perception & reality.

One trick pony

Interesting story but his ‘play’
falls way short of elevating him as a great, innovative FB mind.

For those that don't know, the writer of this story is a Griz grad whose father was the DA in Missoula until 2014.

We never saw Stitt’s offense in its full glory because he didn’t have “his guys” in place yet...he needed 2-3 more years....

Is that the right argument, CDA? Lol

Grizbeer said:
For those that don't know, the writer of this story is a Griz grad whose father was the DA in Missoula until 2014.

Yep. Nice getting some press that has no negativity. Not even any mention of his getting fired here.
I'm hoping some day to see a human interest story on Hurlburt.

[media]https://twitter.com/aschmidtacular/status/1087154763488124930?s=21[/media]

Wife’s making me watch Schitts creek while the game is on. Got to have something to do.

Back