• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ISU also has some issues

Ursus1

DONOR
https://www.idahostatejournal.com/pocatello/isu-football-player-s-allegations-against-coaching-staff-include-that/article_dbd7db1a-4df9-5552-8678-c23df087ca18.html

And Carroll seems to have picked up a winner

A football player being punched in the shoulder pad is leading to criminal charges and a university investigation...

I am glad I grew up when I did. Apparently should be glad we aren't on death row....

I think the assistant with his stupid texts has also brought his stink to Carroll. Be interesting to see if they still keep him. Not the press/baggage a private Catholic school wants.

Also makes ISU athletic department look pretty stupid for not doing the paperwork for the guys extra year.

Ursa Major said:
Is a hammer punch delivered with or without a taint scratcher?

Good God! If there was one among us to beat me to the, the uh, the punch, right here... Solid stuff.

Alas, in my limited experience, a hammer punch sounds like it may be initially sold as an innocent taint scratch. Trojan Horses.

Ursus1 said:
I think the assistant with his stupid texts has also brought his stink to Carroll. Be interesting to see if they still keep him. Not the press/baggage a private Catholic school wants.

Also makes ISU athletic department look pretty stupid for not doing the paperwork for the guys extra year.
Keep him is a no. Already cut loose.

Please stop victimizing. It is hard to bring up complaints. And, a warning to anyone who wants to ask questions or defend the accused, don't do it. Not political correct.

https://helenair.com/sports/college/frontier-conference/carroll-college/carroll-college-football-jay-staggs-part-ways-after-allegations/article_75c75e96-6c85-5a25-99e7-b95189f4e9b6.html

Already gone from Carroll

I didn't play the game above HS level, but I really struggle to think of having your shoulder pads hit by the coach as a criminal offense. Football might have been the wrong sport for the kid, though not really enough info to make a solid judgment of the situation. If the text messages were racist, that would not be good.
Side opinion: with this entitlement era we are in, it doesn't take much for people to over react these days to what was intended to be funny or had other good intentions.

What's a hammer punch?

While I never liked some of the stuff football coaches did on occasion, looks like Idaho St has recruited some guys who aren't very tough.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/latest-news/article224112635.html

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
Is a hammer punch delivered with or without a taint scratcher?

Good God! If there was one among us to beat me to the, the uh, the punch, right here... Solid stuff.

Alas, in my limited experience, a hammer punch sounds like it may be initially sold as an innocent taint scratch. Trojan Horses.

:lol:

PlayerRep said:
What's a hammer punch?

While I never liked some of the stuff football coaches did on occasion, looks like Idaho St has recruited some guys who aren't very tough.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/latest-news/article224112635.html

The caption from the photo in the article in the Idaho Statesman

Idaho State football coach Rob Phenicie used to be an assistant coach at Montana.

Which is relevant why? Are those Famous Potatoes the smartest things in that state?

I live in Salmon, ID and get Idaho Falls news. It sounds like a large number of the players are coming out in support of the coaches. The players could not believe that the half time speech with him hitting his shoulder pads was what he was talking about.

codycleve said:
I live in Salmon, ID and get Idaho Falls news. It sounds like a large number of the players are coming out in support of the coaches. The players could not believe that the half time speech with him hitting his shoulder pads was what he was talking about.

"Hitting his shoulderpads"?! It was two hammer punches, man. Hammer punches.

Is that why State carries a sledge hammer when they come out of the Cathead???

"Don't make me use this thing..."

Latest posts

Back