• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ouch! Griz RTD Needed

IdaGriz01

Not good:
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190109132311808016904&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

Excerpt:
Haley said:
FCS playoff attendance down over 16 percent
... North Dakota State's 38-24 win over Eastern Washington in the championship game drew a sellout crowd of 17,802
... The only other games with over 10,000 fans were in the first round with Jacksonville State hosting ETSU (11,024) and Montana State hosting Incarnate Word (10,017).
So despite a sellout for the NC, they got killed on attendance. Of course, with the pundits (and lot's of other people) essentially conceding the prize to NDSU, it's no shock that they were almost the only draw.

That's too bad. But note with the generally low cost of playoff tickets, that's a tiny loss of revenue. So, down 37,000 tickets. Aren't some tickets only $15 or $20? At $20, that would be only a revenue loss of $740,000. All of that wouldn't necessarily go the NCAA. Also, there are guarantees that might help revenue to the ncaa.

The playoff season is not a ideal time for football games in many locations.

PlayerRep said:
That's too bad. But note with the generally low cost of playoff tickets, that's a tiny loss of revenue. So, down 37,000 tickets. Aren't some tickets only $15 or $20? At $20, that would be only a revenue loss of $74,000. All of that wouldn't necessarily go the NCAA. Also, there are guarantees that might help revenue to the ncaa.

Wouldn't that be a loss of $740,000.00 at $20 a ticket?

stilwtrgrizz said:
PlayerRep said:
That's too bad. But note with the generally low cost of playoff tickets, that's a tiny loss of revenue. So, down 37,000 tickets. Aren't some tickets only $15 or $20? At $20, that would be only a revenue loss of $74,000. All of that wouldn't necessarily go the NCAA. Also, there are guarantees that might help revenue to the ncaa.

Math is hard dude.

stilwtrgrizz said:
PlayerRep said:

I'd say so ... decimal point problem.

But the reality is ... in the context of NCAA sports, three-quarters of a million is probably not that big a deal. And you don't know if their revenue was actually down that much, since the bids before the NC are required to have guarantees. That could mean somebody might have lost money, but not necessarily the NCAA.

Copper Griz said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
PlayerRep said:

Math is hard dude.

Nope, typing and proofing is hard, for me. Got an A in Calculus my first term of college. Ha.

PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
PlayerRep said:

Math is hard dude.

Nope, typing and proofing is hard, for me. Got an A in Calculus my first term of college. Ha.

PR patting PR on the back....priceless

IdaGriz01 said:
Not good:
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190109132311808016904&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

Excerpt:
Haley said:
FCS playoff attendance down over 16 percent
... North Dakota State's 38-24 win over Eastern Washington in the championship game drew a sellout crowd of 17,802
... The only other games with over 10,000 fans were in the first round with Jacksonville State hosting ETSU (11,024) and Montana State hosting Incarnate Word (10,017).
So despite a sellout for the NC, they got killed on attendance. Of course, with the pundits (and lot's of other people) essentially conceding the prize to NDSU, it's no shock that they were almost the only draw.
Doesn't change the overall situation, but all 3 NDSU home games were attended by over 10,000.

mtgrizfankb said:
MSU only getting 10k is embarrassing

Considering it was Thanksgiving weekend with all students gone and a snowstorm it was actually pretty good. Not an embarrassment at all. Look at all the other playoff games that weekend and they were good.

PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
PlayerRep said:

Math is hard dude.

Oh I believe you. I just could not resist that one. Just being a smart ass.

bigsky33 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Considering it was Thanksgiving weekend with all students gone and a snowstorm it was actually pretty good. Not an embarrassment at all. Look at all the other playoff games that weekend and they were good.

Agree with your perspective. The opponent did not help either.

bigsky33 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

I believe the biggest problem for cat attendance in that game was many of the people in Bozeman who heard there was a playoff game that weekend thought it was the punchline to a joke.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
stilwtrgrizz said:

Math is hard dude.

Do you really think that was a pat on the back? Do you even think it was a true statement? You are dumber than I thought.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
Math is hard dude.

Do you really think that was a pat on the back? Do you even think it was a true statement? You are dumber than I thought.

You don't believe that I got an A in calculus?

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

You don't believe that I got an A in calculus?

I believe you are a dick.

Back