• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If NDSU were to have an FBS conference??

GlacierGrizX

I was wondering what conference NDSU could be placed in that would benefit them for: competition exposure, and academic peers? We all know they have the resume to be competitive in FBS. (minus facilitates,etc) I would like to know which conference NDSU could be in that would have the same results that AP State has had in the Sunbelt?

I think this has been discussed before; however, it's worth rehashing. No conference invite, no move up.'
22 more schollies plus FCOA, not to mention the title IX ramifications...….mo' money from Teammakers.
Need around 5 to 10 thousand more seats. A new stadium would be nice and since there's no December football playoffs to think about, it should be an outdoor facility. These items mentioned are merely the tip of the iceberg.

The FCS playoffs these past 7-8 years have been getting pretty boring, since everyone knows NDSU will not only be in the playoffs but will walk off w/ continual NCs. It's nice to watch a machine, but interest can wear off. I nominate NDSU for the Big 12. The Iowa State Cyclones are a nearby neighbor. I think they could give a good run on the lower conference members, maybe even beat the Kansans. BTW, I think a program like NDSU's should be included in national FBS rankings, even tho FCS.

I suppose it could be an issue of "peer institution", as to why no FBS conference invite, as well as financial aspects.

Move up and they become another mediocre FBS team. They probably will at some point, but who wants to watch the Liquid Plumber Toilet bowl? I guess if it is a stadium where they serve cheese fries with optional gravy - then it could be appealing to their fan base.

Copper Griz said:
Move up and they become another mediocre FBS team. They probably will at some point, but who wants to watch the Liquid Plumber Toilet bowl? I guess if it is a stadium where they serve cheese fries with optional gravy - then it could be appealing to their fan base.
Such an erudite football discussion, a typical eGriz response to a reasonable proposition. Oh, so much "valuable" information on this board. :roll:

Copper Griz said:
So as an elite, you're looking down on the deplorables. Who just keep winning.

kemajic said:
Copper Griz said:
So as an elite, you're looking down on the deplorables. Who just keep winning.

Who said I was looking down on them. They are great for FCS. I just don’t think they would be anything special in FBS. So many teams that have no shot of winning anything worthwhile. I love the FCS format and playoffs. FBS not so much. Everyone gets their panties in a wad whenever someone criticizes moving up. Just have not seen anything amazing when it happens. Boise had it going on for a few years, but that appears to have been an anomoly. They are also in Boise. Makes sense. Fargo - Nah

Grizzoola said:
Copper Griz said:
Such an erudite football discussion, a typical eGriz response to a reasonable proposition. Oh, so much "valuable" information on this board. :roll:

Reasonable proposition - in your opinion. If you don’t like someone disagreeing then quit posting here and looking for validation. You are in the wrong spot. I don’t like FCS teams moving up unless it makes sense for a whole lot of reasons. I am not convinced moving up puts their program in a substantially better place. I guess if they are looking for money - yes then it probably does. You disagree then fine. That is your opinion and I don’t need to get snarky because I disagree with you.

Copper Griz said:
Grizzoola said:
Copper Griz said:

Reasonable proposition - in your opinion. If you don’t like someone disagreeing then quit posting here and looking for validation. You are in the wrong spot. I don’t like FCS teams moving up unless it makes sense for a whole lot of reasons. I am not convinced moving up puts their program in a substantially better place. I guess if they are looking for money - yes then it probably does. You disagree then fine. That is your opinion and I don’t need to get snarky because I disagree with you.

Exchange em with the gophers. Most of fcs would get better shot for nc. Surely bison could hold their own inbig ten west

The MWC and MAC wouldn’t even look at NDSU as it’s too small and remote even if they lost members.

The MWC would take Rice, UTSA, UTEP or UC Davis before they even sniff NDSU’s cattle yards.

The MAC would take Stony Brook, Delaware, JMU, WKU, Marshall and Illinois St before they bundle for Fargo.

G5 leagues are effectively penalized for having more than 10 teams. The SunBelt made more in CFP and bowl money than CUSA this year, even before the school split, because of those rules. CUSA needs to get down to 10 teams to raise school revenue as making a half a mill less than the Belt is embarrassing as so many of the schools came from the Belt and paid the Belt millions in exit fees.

NDSU needs an FBS Summit League and that’s why the Montanas will be obedient and join it with Idaho, E Wash, and Weber St if PFW and W Illinois are gone.

When Metro St gets a DI invitee the will be enough teams to trade among the WAC, Big Sky, Big West, Summit, and Southland for new lineups to emerge. The Big Sky will be the new bottom feeder as it will get Dixie St and Metro St. But Griz fans will insist on the Big Sky no matter what Seth says.

Finally, a responsible discussion about FBS vs FCS and yet, you have to enter the narrative with your usual crap. You are such a putz.

Lakerhater said:
Finally, a responsible discussion about FBS vs FCS and yet, you have to enter the narrative with your usual crap. You are such a putz.

This board is a bunch of retards and the NDSU replacing UMinn proves it. No one called that out but I will.

UNDfan said:
Lakerhater said:

This board is a bunch of retards and the NDSU replacing UMinn proves it. No one called that out but I will.
What about going to the Big 12? Didn't NDSU beat the Cyclones once, if not more?

Just watched the Philadelphia Eagles become competitive once they lost their NDSU player. Think how much better the Bison would be without NDSU players....scary good.

Grizzoola said:
UNDfan said:
Lakerhater said:

What about going to the Big 12? Didn't NDSU beat the Cyclones once, if not more?
NDSU has beaten Minnesota, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, and Iowa. All but Kansas St are members of the prestigious AAU, which only allows the top research and academic schools. Cincinnati is closest to having membership in that AAU group, but the Big 12 can’t find another one. Texas and Oklahoma don’t want a no name no academic school, otherwise they leave, and hold Kansas St and Iowa St holding the bag.

NDSU has no media market to speak of. Their FCS championship game only drew a rating of 1.0. Boise St draws much better for regular season games.

This group of morons (misspelling of maroons) is so uninformed on football economics.

UNDfan said:
Lakerhater said:

Thanks for “call’n IT undie, was thinking you would

UNDfan said:
Lakerhater said:

Thanks for “call’n IT” undie, was thinking you might.

Lakerhater said:
You called egriz posters a bunch of morons and yet, they allow you to post of here???? WTF ?

It was only a misspelling of maroon. But apparently it fits.

Back