• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sentinel is adding a game changer..

Coach Oliver was a Griz WR back in the day and I think he likes to air it out. Could be a good fit.
Jax has the speed, size, and athleticism to play multiple positions, but I think his ball-hawking talent sets him apart. 3 pics in the state chipper and I think he had like a dozen on the year. As awesome as it would be to see him play O, it might even be cooler to have another great MT safety.

PlayerRep said:
Why is he moving to Missoula or going to Sentinel?

1. As Vim has stated, I believe he's been leaning towards moving up to 11 man to show that he can play with a higher level of competition. He is on the radar with some larger programs outside of the state after attending a camp or two last summer. Herm Edwards and crew being one of them.

2. Small town politics. It's not worth going into too much detail but there's a direct correlation between the number of times he touched the ball and how many points the Titans scored. Had he been allowed to carry the rock at RB (instead of WR) more than he did, he would have broken some records, including the head coaches...

Mo$$ said:
PlayerRep said:

1. As Vim has stated, I believe he's been leaning towards moving up to 11 man to show that he can play with a higher level of competition. He is on the radar with some larger programs outside of the state after attending a camp or two last summer. Herm Edwards and crew being one of them.

2. Small town politics. It's not worth going into too much detail but there's a direct correlation between the number of times he touched the ball and how many points the Titans scored. Had he been allowed to carry the rock at RB (instead of WR) more than he did, he would have broken some records, including the head coaches...

#2 is ridiculous if true.
Best of luck to the young man!

Mo$$ said:
PlayerRep said:

Well I wish him well and I am sure sentinel is thrilled to have him and I hope to see him in maroon and silver some day!

Lee didn't and doesn't want to play RB. He is afraid that he will get hurt. Head Coaches records? Don't think he has any.

CDAGRIZ said:
Mo$$ said:
PlayerRep said:

#2 is ridiculous, but not surprising. I remember there being a lot of stupid politics involved in high school football when I played at a small school back in the day.

zootownrox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Mo$$ said:
PlayerRep said:

#2 is ridiculous, but not surprising. I remember there being a lot of stupid politics involved in high school football when I played at a small school back in the day.

Man, that really sucks. Not putting your team in its best position to win to preserve your Montana 8-man records is beyond anything I can imagine a coach doing. I haven't lived it like you and Mo$$, so I can only say, wow.

CDAGRIZ said:
Not putting your team in its best position to win to preserve your Montana 8-man records is beyond anything I can imagine a coach doing.

Well, they did go undefeated and won the Championship.

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Not putting your team in its best position to win to preserve your Montana 8-man records is beyond anything I can imagine a coach doing.

Thanks, Box. I did not know that, as I've been slacking in keeping up on Montana 8-man high school football. I know roughly as much about 8-man high school football as I do about Semi-Pro Jai Alai, but I do know the scores can get out of hand in both. Maybe that had something to do with the touches. Either way, it'll be cool to see what this player does in Class AA.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Thanks, Box. I did not know that, as I've been slacking in keeping up on Montana 8-man high school football. I know roughly as much about 8-man high school football as I do about Semi-Pro Jai Alai, but I do know the scores can get out of hand in both. Maybe that had something to do with the touches. Either way, it'll be cool to see what this player does in Class AA.

jeezus, can you finds some new jokes? i'm all for recycling, but sometimes you gotta pitch it in the garbage.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:

jeezus, can you finds some new jokes? i'm all for recycling, but sometimes you gotta pitch it in the garbage.

I didn't attempt to make a joke.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:

well if you think so, that's even worse.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:

well if you think so, that's even worse.

Not sure I follow, but fair enough.

Back