• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Esteemed "Griz Gameday" Working Group??

GlacierGrizX

All,

I was wondering if there have been any published results or implementations proposed or carried out by this group? I remember some time ago there was a sign-up sheet to be on some type of committee that helped improve game day experience. I was just wondering if anyone "in-the-know" has further information on the results of the group? Thanks!

There’s 3 simple things that would make it the best gameday in CFB (and solve all our problems):
1) allow beer in WA-Griz;
2) bring back the sky divers; and
3) get an actual silver tip grizzly bear and run him out on the field with handlers like the CU Buff.

If you could train him to stand on his hind legs and roar at the other team and then the student section, that’d be the cherry on top

garizzalies said:
There’s 3 simple things that would make it the best gameday in CFB (and solve all our problems):
3) get an actual silver tip grizzly bear and run him out on the field with handlers like the CU Buff.

If you could train him to stand on his hind legs and roar at the other team and then the student section, that’d be the cherry on top

Combine them. Stone three birds with one bear. We need a skydiving silvertip grizzly that sells beer.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
I think BW is on the group?

I am! As is Bdizzle. In fact we have a meeting here in town tomorrow afternoon.

I’ll report back more later. I wasn’t on it the first year. My first meeting was this last summer. The group is used as a wide reaching resource to help provide insight on athletics as well as to solicit all sorts of opinions from different backgrounds of fans. The group is also made up of people all over the state.

garizzalies said:

I would add:

4) win games

BWahlberg said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
I think BW is on the group?

I am! As is Bdizzle. In fact we have a meeting here in town tomorrow afternoon.

I’ll report back more later. I wasn’t on it the first year. My first meeting was this last summer. The group is used as a wide reaching resource to help provide insight on athletics as well as to solicit all sorts of opinions from different backgrounds of fans. The group is also made up of people all over the state.

I know my brother was. Not sure if he still is. I’ll ask him what his thoughts are on the effectiveness of the group.

garizzalies said:

Please don't forget Monte zip lining into the stadium from the steam plant smoke-stack.

We had a good meeting.

We decided to cancel all sports going forward though. Impossible to please you all.

Clear bag policy is kicking in next year. So gonna be a lot more pissed off fans.

Next project is new lock rooms for both basketball teams and volleyball. Plus expanding the athletic equipment facility. Looks pretty good. Costing around 3.5 million. Have about a million raised. Waiting on another commitment and then will take it to the regents for them to sign off.

Basketball court will have a new design next year.

Would eventually like an indoor practice facility and track. But that’s a ways out.

We have the third largest amount of season ticket holders in the Northwest.

Athletics budget is doing just fine. Everything has been planned for. Knew they were going to spend more money last year because of certain projects. That’s why they created the reserve accounts.

We are working on a new survey for fans. Always trying to improve the experience. Most of the ideas are already implemented or not realistic.

Beer in the stadium isn’t going to happen anytime soon. And we can’t force fans to stay inside the stadium. The infrastructure is not built for that.

Very good chance we see the Big Sky get broken into two conferences sooner rather than later. Another school or two may drop down.

All ideas are welcome! Brint will give a better summary. I suck at this kind of stuff.

Uh what? All you gotta do to keep fans in the stadium is not let them back in if they exit. Take away the had stamps and don't scan tickets after part of the way through the first quarter.

I'm not saying it is a good idea to make people stay in the stadium, but the lack of infrastructure comment on keeping folks in said stadium is...odd, but I could be totally mis-understanding as well.

BDizzle said:
We had a good meeting.

We decided to cancel all sports going forward though. Impossible to please you all.

Clear bag policy is kicking in next year. So gonna be a lot more pissed off fans.

Next project is new lock rooms for both basketball teams and volleyball. Plus expanding the athletic equipment facility. Looks pretty good. Costing around 3.5 million. Have about a million raised. Waiting on another commitment and then will take it to the regents for them to sign off.

Would eventually like an indoor practice facility and track. But that’s a ways out.

Athletics budget is doing just fine. Everything has been planned for. Knew they were going to spend more money last year because of certain projects. That’s why they created the reserve accounts.

We are working on a new survey for fans. Always trying to improve the experience. Most of the ideas are already implemented or not realistic.

Beer in the stadium isn’t going to happen anytime soon. And we can’t force fans to stay inside the stadium. The infrastructure is not built for that.

Very good chance we see the Big Sky get broken into two conferences sooner rather than later. Another school or two may drop down.

All ideas are welcome! Brint will give a better summary. I suck at this kind of stuff.
Thanks for sharing your information, BDizzle! I am one who would love to see the Big Sky split into two football conferences, but would this also affect other sports? Don't want the basketball conference to become too small.

BDizzle said:
We had a good meeting.

Oh BS. This is the best summary of stuff like this that I have ever seen on Griz. Very informative. Thx

I lost you after we briefly said hi before the game. I looked around. I have 2 row 1 tiks for you
for tomorrow. PM me.

PlayerRep said:
BDizzle said:
We had a good meeting.

Oh BS. This is the best summary of stuff like this that I have ever seen on eGriz. Very informative. Thx

I lost you after we briefly said hi before the game. I looked around. I have 2 row 1 tiks for you
for tomorrow. PM me.

Agreed. Thank you for the actual information!

BDizzle said:

Please God, I hope this happens soon.

BDizzle said:
We had a good meeting.

Awesome stuff, here! :thumb:

grizindabox said:
garizzalies said:

I would add:

4) win games

The simplest solution is usually the correct one.

BDizzle said:

I am absolutely in favor of this proposal. Aside from the Grizzly at mid-court, nothing else on on the court matches the look and feel of Grizzly athletics.

Ringneck said:
BDizzle said:

I am absolutely in favor of this proposal. Aside from the Grizzly at mid-court, nothing else on on the court matches the look and feel of Grizzly athletics.

The Grizzly at mid-court will stay!

Back