• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is there no Pro Day?

alabamagrizzly

So Hero Sports compiled a list of pro days this year and we’re not on it. I know Buss is the only probable prospect but seriously, when was the last time this happened? Anyone know if Buss is going to someone else’s pro day or is he hanging em up?

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/fcs-football-nfl-pro-day-calendar-schedule-2019-ajaj

I would bet Eric Williams, Keenan Curran and Buss would all be at the event..maybe even someone like Shaw? WE had a very small senior class and even 3-4 would be a small group for a pro day. I know Curran and Williams have been a part of other training programs outside of the university that I am sure have ties to scouts and pro day access. Buss you would think could go to someones (MSU) if he really wants to pursue football after college.

"Pro Day

The Griz will host four returning players and three players from other schools during their Pro Day from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday as they look to get a shot at the NFL.

Montana’s former players who are participating are wide receiver Keenan Curran, tight end Caleb Hill, safety Reid Miller and punter Eric Williams, a Missoula native and Loyola grad.

The Griz will also host Montana Tech wide receiver Dion Williams, Rocky Mountain College center Troy Bacon and Rocky Mountain College defensive end Jo-Jo Bones.

Pro Day is closed to the public."

From Missoulian article online.

PlayerRep said:
"Pro Day

The Griz will host four returning players and three players from other schools during their Pro Day from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday as they look to get a shot at the NFL.

Montana’s former players who are participating are wide receiver Keenan Curran, tight end Caleb Hill, safety Reid Miller and punter Eric Williams, a Missoula native and Loyola grad.

The Griz will also host Montana Tech wide receiver Dion Williams, Rocky Mountain College center Troy Bacon and Rocky Mountain College defensive end Jo-Jo Bones.

Hmmm, what about Buss?

mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:
"Pro Day

Hmmm, what about Buss?

I’m guessing he’s deciding to hang em up. I’d guess he went through a lot physically last year to come back and play the way he did and probably decided that was it. Again, just a guess. I definitely won’t fault the dude. He’s a stud still.

mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:
"Pro Day

Hmmm, what about Buss?

Is he healthy?

Just received word that Pro Day moved inside. It is closed to the public and the media. Tune into Tootell and Nuanez today 4-6 pm on SWX TV or on 102.9 FM in Western Montana or live stream at 1029espn.com to hear from Keenan Curran about his Griz career and pro day.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Just received word that Pro Day moved inside. It is closed to the public and the media. Tune into Tootell and Nuanez today 4-6 pm on SWX TV or on 102.9 FM in Western Montana or live stream at 1029espn.com to hear from Keenan Curran about his Griz career and pro day.

Any word on why Buss isn’t there?

Official Go Griz Article:
https://gogriz.com/news/2019/3/12/football-former-griz-shine-at-pro-day.aspx

On Reid Miller:
On the national level, Miller proved to be an elite-level safety with his performance. The 5-8, 203-pound Pennsylvania native who is finishing his MBA at Montana put up numbers that would have placed him among the best safeties at the 2019 NFL Combine.

His most eye-catching number was 25 reps on the bench press, a figure that would have been the most of any safety at this year's combine.

His 11.41 long shuttle run would have been the second-fastest for a safety at the combine.

His 40-inch vertical jump would have been the third-highest among safeties at the combine.

His 7.15-second three-cone drill time would have placed him at No. 13 among safeties at the combine.

His 9' 11" broad jump and his 4.58 40-yard sprint time would both have been good enough to come in at No. 15 at the combine among safeties as well.

Eric Williams also had 20 bench press reps. Pretty impressive.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Official Go Griz Article:
https://gogriz.com/news/2019/3/12/football-former-griz-shine-at-pro-day.aspx

On Reid Miller:
On the national level, Miller proved to be an elite-level safety with his performance. The 5-8, 203-pound Pennsylvania native who is finishing his MBA at Montana put up numbers that would have placed him among the best safeties at the 2019 NFL Combine.

His most eye-catching number was 25 reps on the bench press, a figure that would have been the most of any safety at this year's combine.

His 11.41 long shuttle run would have been the second-fastest for a safety at the combine.

His 40-inch vertical jump would have been the third-highest among safeties at the combine.

His 7.15-second three-cone drill time would have placed him at No. 13 among safeties at the combine.

His 9' 11" broad jump and his 4.58 40-yard sprint time would both have been good enough to come in at No. 15 at the combine among safeties as well.

Eric Williams also had 20 bench press reps. Pretty impressive.
Williams also ran a 4.84 40

bgbigdog said:
If social media is to be believed - Reid Miller killed it. Good for him.

sounds like a colt anderson type, a potentially very useful special teamer?

argh! said:
bgbigdog said:
If social media is to be believed - Reid Miller killed it. Good for him.

sounds like a colt anderson type, a potentially very useful special teamer?
I’m genuinely curious and wondered if anyone could give me a better look about his heights being a factor to his nfl stock. Reid’s numbers were amazing and comparable to all of the top corners at the combine, I understand there’s more than just those numbers.

Reid Miller on ESPN Radio following his stellar pro day

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-march-12th-2019-hour-2-reid-miller/

Keenan Curran joined us in studio the afternoon after his Pro Day

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-march-12th-2019-hour-1-keenan-curran/

Back